Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,150,555 times

Advertisements

When I arrived in Oregon a year ago, one of the first things I did was look for community/hobby/activity (or whatever you want to call it) groups formed around interests that I have. And I did find quite a few of them. The only problem is, they're all for seniors! Not that this is a problem per se; When I lived in Shreveport, I regularly attended a Photo SIG group that consisted entirely of older people. I loved every moment of it, and got along great with everybody. I picked up a lot of photographic experience and wisdom there.

That being said, it is nice to be able to find a group of people in my own age range to relate to and discuss my interests with. That, and even if I were to start attending some of the local groups, I would actually have to pay a fee for not being old enough!

I've looked and looked around, and even searched Google, but I can't find anything. So I am turning to you, my good friends at City-Data. Does anyone know of any good computer/photography/technical groups for people in the 20-30 year (give or take) age range that gather in or around the general Portland area? Because it is getting awfully lonely never being able to share my photography, or expound on the greatness of my nVIDIA GTX 295... or even just have someone who knows and understands what the hell I am talking about, and actually cares...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 AM

588 posts, read 2,833,010 times
Have you checked Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com ?

I am a member and have met a lot of really nice people through these groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: