Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 09:30 AM

772 posts, read 1,063,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Baby girl of this 40-year old mom is here! Arrived healthy, perfect at 5 p.m. yesterday. Cuddling her now.
Aww.. congratulations... Our baby girls are just a few days apart. Makes it all worth it, doesn't it. Have you been able to get up and walk about? Helped me tremendously after my c-section.. but you are an expert at this...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 05:47 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Getting up and walking around was pretty much required. I can't do opioid pain management, so the best thing for healing/recovery is being nonsedentary.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:07 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,252,923 times
Congratulations!!

Old 06-12-2017, 12:01 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,362,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Sent you a pm.
Thanks...replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Baby girl of this 40-year old mom is here! Arrived healthy, perfect at 5 p.m. yesterday. Cuddling her now.
Congratulations!

Old 06-12-2017, 12:13 PM

Just to update everyone on where we are...the doc did two tests to check the health of my reproductive tract. She thinks one of my tubes is blocked but aside from that, everything's perfect. That's something, right?

Like...no scar tissue, no fibroids, nothing. Just healthy organs.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:39 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,279,383 times
Congrats TabulaRasa and Cocue!!!

And BigDGeek - a blocked tube is far from a dealbreaker. Was it from an HSG? If so, sometimes people spasm during the procedure and what looks like a blocked tube isn't even really blocked.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:07 PM

772 posts, read 1,063,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Just to update everyone on where we are...the doc did two tests to check the health of my reproductive tract. She thinks one of my tubes is blocked but aside from that, everything's perfect. That's something, right?

Like...no scar tissue, no fibroids, nothing. Just healthy organs.
This is great news, BigD.. basically less hoops hopefully to jump through. I'm in my late 30s so a few years from 40 but I can tell you that in my particular case, I am way more fertile with age than I was trying to have my first in my late 20s with PCOS (primarily irregular ovulation). Thankfully DH has premium A-class sperm as we like to joke and all my#s checked out and my tubes and insides all great but it still took us over a year of being under a dr's care ttc to have our first (included clomid etc).

Fast forward almost a decade​ and last year we decided to try for one last one and I got pregnant a month after removing my IUD. Though we unfortunately suffered a late 2nd trimester loss (nothing to do with being AMA), we got pregnant again 2 months later and she was born a week ago.

Just sharing my story to let you know that age doesn't always signify decreased fertility. Sometimes it's the opposite like in my case.

Good luck!!!!

Old 06-13-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Congrats TabulaRasa and Cocue!!!

And BigDGeek - a blocked tube is far from a dealbreaker. Was it from an HSG? If so, sometimes people spasm during the procedure and what looks like a blocked tube isn't even really blocked.
Yup, it was an HSG. Had that and a saline sonohysterogram. I Googled around after the HSG and many women shared that their "blocked" tube wasn't really blocked, it had just spasmed during the procedure. I don't know what causes the spasms, but I definitely wasn't relaxed during it and found it very uncomfortable. I still get a little queasy thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCUE View Post
This is great news, BigD.. basically less hoops hopefully to jump through. I'm in my late 30s so a few years from 40 but I can tell you that in my particular case, I am way more fertile with age than I was trying to have my first in my late 20s with PCOS (primarily irregular ovulation). Thankfully DH has premium A-class sperm as we like to joke and all my#s checked out and my tubes and insides all great but it still took us over a year of being under a dr's care ttc to have our first (included clomid etc).

Fast forward almost a decade​ and last year we decided to try for one last one and I got pregnant a month after removing my IUD. Though we unfortunately suffered a late 2nd trimester loss (nothing to do with being AMA), we got pregnant again 2 months later and she was born a week ago.

Just sharing my story to let you know that age doesn't always signify decreased fertility. Sometimes it's the opposite like in my case.

Good luck!!!!
Thank you, and congratulations!

I'm really relieved that physically, I'm OK. I don't know what my blood work says but thinking interventions for low levels of this or that hormone are easier and less invasive than having to have fibroids removed or tubes unblocked, right?

Old 06-13-2017, 07:29 PM

25 posts, read 54,207 times
Did your doctor tell you your AMH, FSH, and AFC? Those should have been measured on Day 3 of your cycle and provide a general indication of fertility.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCUE View Post
Aww.. congratulations... Our baby girls are just a few days apart. Makes it all worth it, doesn't it. Have you been able to get up and walk about? Helped me tremendously after my c-section.. but you are an expert at this...lol
Husband, toddler, baby and I just finished an hour-long walk around the neighborhood. Not bad for five days post-op and getting really limited nighttime sleep, how you do with a newborn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy