Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 12:18 PM

5,683 posts, read 3,182,553 times

Advertisements

You know...what you COULD do is get off of birth control...and see what happens. It'd be kind of a "If it's meant to be" kind of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2023, 12:42 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,599,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
You know...what you COULD do is get off of birth control...and see what happens. It'd be kind of a "If it's meant to be" kind of thing.

I couldn’t rep you again…but I think you’re onto something!^^

Old 02-07-2023, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I have plenty of time…but my husband is already in his 40s. Tbh, my husband is open to what I want to do….BUT I know he wouldn’t want to be a new dad in his 50s. The longer it goes, the more locked we probably will become. AND I never said that older parents make bad parents ofc…but I’m so sorry about yours.

Thank you….I explained in my previous post^^ the hard time I was having connecting with women my age who are in the same spot. Most every one I know on my social media that is around my age…late 20s & early 30s…has had a baby or wants a baby. Some know they don’t want one. BUT my situation is more unique among married women my age…especially because my husband is older & so we can’t just do a wait & see thing. I know that you disagree^^ but I really do feel like we have to decide soon or put it to rest. This is all because of my pregnancy scare.

I don’t want to “roll the dice” when it comes to such a serious decision tho.
How about this...

Both you and your husband get checked out, and make sure both of you have working plumbing, adequate swimmers...that kind of thing. Get that out of the way...because let's say you find out he has a low sperm count...and the likelihood of fathering a child is pretty nil. well then, your decision has been made for you. And you can be happy and content that in actuality, the decision has already been made...and go back to your child free happy days.

Old 02-07-2023, 01:47 PM

Quote:
How about this...

Both you and your husband get checked out, and make sure both of you have working plumbing, adequate swimmers...that kind of thing. Get that out of the way...because let's say you find out he has a low sperm count...and the likelihood of fathering a child is pretty nil. well then, your decision has been made for you. And you can be happy and content that in actuality, the decision has already been made...and go back to your child free happy days.

I’m in health care. IVF & fertility clinics won’t look at you if you haven’t been trying to conceive for 6 months to a year. We are both healthy so there is no reason to think we couldn’t conceive & have a healthy baby. Matter of fact, he fathered a baby when he was in a previous relationship but she didn’t survive because of the mother’s health & a car accident.

If I didn’t get pregnant, then I don’t get pregnant. Like you were saying, it would be a see what happens or if it’s meant to be thing because I know we would be happy on either side. That’s what makes it hard to decide.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 02-07-2023 at 02:02 PM..

Old 02-07-2023, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I’m in health care. IVF & fertility clinics won’t look at you if you haven’t been trying to conceive for 6 months to a year. We are both healthy so there is no reason to think we couldn’t conceive & have a healthy baby. Matter of fact, he fathered a baby when he was in a previous relationship but she didn’t survive because of the mother’s health & a car accident.

If I didn’t get pregnant, then I don’t get pregnant. Like you were saying, it would be a see what happens or if it’s meant to be thing because I know we would be happy on either side. That’s what makes it hard to decide.
Oh gosh...you did say that. Sorry.

So...don't decide. Just get off birth control. :-)

Old 02-07-2023, 02:35 PM

Quote:
So...don't decide. Just get off birth control. :-)

Well….stopping our birth control IS making a decision tho, because pregnancy probably would happen. But I get you.

Old 02-09-2023, 03:57 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,415,453 times
Quote:
Soooooo dangerous and passive-aggressive. How about making a mature decision or saying "If I'm not POSITIVE I want a baby then I'll not chance screwing up a kid."?

Old 02-10-2023, 07:28 AM

23,893 posts, read 33,638,629 times
Quote:
Hi Rose! Thank you…been thinking about you too.

Nice to see you posting!

Hopefully you know by now if kids will be in your future or if you'll be child free but then again, it may take a year or more for your hormones to go back to normal if you've been taking birth control for a long time, as you probably know.

Old 02-10-2023, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Nice to see you posting!
Thank you Rose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Soooooo dangerous and passive-aggressive. How about making a mature decision or saying "If I'm not POSITIVE I want a baby then I'll not chance screwing up a kid."?

ITA it’s a decision that should be taken super seriously. BUT…I took her post to mean as long as we would be happy with either outcome, stop birth control for awhile before my husband gets older & see what happens. If I get pregnant, wonderful. If I don’t, that’s Ok too. We know we wouldn’t go through fertility treatments or anything like that. We are just as happy with things as they are. So like a Viking would say, it is up to the gods.

That’s not being passive aggressive or taking a chance on “screwing up” a baby. Passive aggressive is when somebody doesn’t address negative feelings so it comes out in their behavior.

Old 04-03-2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Nice to see you posting!

Hopefully you know by now if kids will be in your future or if you'll be child free but then again, it may take a year or more for your hormones to go back to normal if you've been taking birth control for a long time, as you probably know.

Just an update to my thread…I’m pregnant! My husband & I are super happy….we are due Dec. 3rd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy