Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,646,579 times

Advertisements

The hype is Kyle Love is cut for T2 Diabetes? He wasn't a high profile player was he? Just curious, off season you know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,122,541 times
Gronk with his 4th surgery on that arm next week, trying to heal the infection. Sheesh.

I'm sure he'll be ready for camp though

Last edited by skins_fan82; 05-17-2013 at 07:51 AM..

Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM

513 posts, read 696,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I agree with your post. As long as the Patriots have Tom Brady, the Patriots will always be a good football team and also a frontrunner in the AFC East. But let's be honest. After the losses in Super Bowl XLII and Super Bowl XLVI, it is only going to get harder for Tom Brady to get a fourth Super Bowl win. The Patriots do NOT have the defense that they did in years past. That's a fact. Denver will remain a fierce competitor as long as Peyton Manning is quarterback, especially since Wes Welker signed with them. I'm a Chiefs fan and I hate the Broncos, but even I have to admit that Denver is the team to beat next season. The Houston Texans are getting postseason experience and have Ed Reed now, so if the Patriots play them again it won't be a blowout. You know the Pittsburgh Steelers will eventually get back into the playoff hunt. Baltimore lost some key players so they won't repeat as champs but Terrell Suggs is still there and Elvis Dumervil just signed with them, so they could still get a wild card berth. Even if Danny Amendola is as good as Wes Welker, Welker rarely got injured and you could count on Welker to be on that field. New England still has a chance at another super bowl run, but Tom Brady isn't getting any younger and the defense isn't the same as before.
O i agree, I do not think they should be sb favorites. I just think as long as they have Brady they will be a good team and the perennial division champion. There defense has been average to bad for the past 6 years or so. I think Denver will have a great record, but I do doubt Mannings post season track record.

To Susan,

Love was not a high impact player, but he was a solid starter and I was surprised they cut him

Old 06-11-2013, 03:31 PM

18,245 posts, read 25,903,448 times
Bringing this thread up to date for commentary regarding the Patriots recent player transactions.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 PM

10,180 posts, read 20,805,444 times
I actually think this is a smart move on the Patriots part to pick up Tebow if they choose to use him as a tight end or to take some handoffs. You can keep a defense on it's toes anytime he's lining up for a screen. Will he run? Will he pass?

I think the Pats have seen that Brady isn't getting the same time in the pocket he once had and he's not all that mobile. They will probably look to short yardage plays to fill most of their playbook. Adding Tebow to the roster makes sense if that's their strategy.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:08 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,809,846 times
Tebow signed a 2 year deal at the veteran minimum, no guaranteed money and no incentives. The Pats have not taken any risk here in signing him. If Tebow cannot do anything in New England, his days of playing football, at least in the NFL, are over.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:12 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,087,663 times
I like the move, low risk and Tebow is a true football player. If there is a team that can make it work...........it would be the Pats!

Old 06-29-2013, 02:06 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,507,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Tebow signed a 2 year deal at the veteran minimum, no guaranteed money and no incentives. The Pats have not taken any risk here in signing him. If Tebow cannot do anything in New England, his days of playing football, at least in the NFL, are over.
Good move. I've been out of the country for a few weeks. I think Tebow being on the team will have a good influence on his teammates. You won't see a blotter report involving any Patriots now that Timmy T is onboard.

Take that to the bank......

Old 06-30-2013, 07:50 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,271,310 times
Normally football players fight to get that extra yard...Hernandez will be fighting to stay out of one. HA HA HA. You know what is Ironic? The Pats seems try so hard to keep everything on the low down, and now, because of the Pats we have the Tuck Rule, Spygate, an perfect season with a SB loss, twice to the same team, and now a possible possibly a man how is involved in 3 murders. Someone needs to write a book about this team. One of your huge fans, and a good friend of ours, died of cancer last week, so Ill be rooting for the Pats this year in his honor.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 PM

513 posts, read 696,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Normally football players fight to get that extra yard...Hernandez will be fighting to stay out of one. HA HA HA. You know what is Ironic? The Pats seems try so hard to keep everything on the low down, and now, because of the Pats we have the Tuck Rule, Spygate, an perfect season with a SB loss, twice to the same team, and now a possible possibly a man how is involved in 3 murders. Someone needs to write a book about this team. One of your huge fans, and a good friend of ours, died of cancer last week, so Ill be rooting for the Pats this year in his honor.
English man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football