Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,088,151 times

Advertisements

Thinking the game plan for the Ravens is to chuck it down the middle and get a pass interference call or 2. That can surely be done, especially with Kyle Arrington out there. Not sure they will be able to use "Hey diddle diddle, Ray Rice up the middle" much this game. Wilfork and Co. will keep him in check. Gonna be another close one I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 08:53 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,123,322 times
I don't think Baltimore stands a chance...

Old 01-17-2013, 09:14 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,088,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Would love to be able to share your optimism!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,505,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
You obviously haven`t been watching football lately. The Ravens have been racking up points in the playoffs and playing at a high level. They beat the Pats in Foxoboro, in the playoffs, in 2010. They should have beaten them last year in Foxoboro in the championship game, and they beat them this year. If I had to bet on the game, I would bet on the Patriots. But to say the Ravens don`t stand a chance is ridiculous. It wouldn`t surprise me at all if the Ravens win. They seem to matchup well against the Patriots. That is why the games are usually close. But in football, you never know what can happen. Sometimes a team can blowout another team. Then the same teams can meet 3 weeks later and the other team will win. I expect it to be close unless there are a couple of fluke plays or bad calls.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,744,704 times
Anyone who doesn't think the Ravens have a chance please watch the 2011 AFC Championship game and then lets discuss again...

I don't understand how the line can be 9 in this game...

Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,810,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
You obviously haven`t been watching football lately. The Ravens have been racking up points in the playoffs and playing at a high level. They beat the Pats in Foxoboro, in the playoffs, in 2010. They should have beaten them last year in Foxoboro in the championship game, and they beat them this year. If I had to bet on the game, I would bet on the Patriots. But to say the Ravens don`t stand a chance is ridiculous. It wouldn`t surprise me at all if the Ravens win. They seem to matchup well against the Patriots. That is why the games are usually close. But in football, you never know what can happen. Sometimes a team can blowout another team. Then the same teams can meet 3 weeks later and the other team will win. I expect it to be close unless there are a couple of fluke plays or bad calls.
Just like the Pats should have beaten Baltimore earlier this season.

Nothing that happened in the past matters. I think it's going to be a good game and a close game that could really go either way.

Forget what the line is. This isn't David vs/ Goliath. Most of the sports talk radio guys here in Boston are expecting a close and very competitive game.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,858,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Anyone who doesn't think the Ravens have a chance please watch the 2011 AFC Championship game and then lets discuss again...

I don't understand how the line can be 9 in this game...
The line reflects the money bet, not the reality of either team's chances at winning... There is a history of people betting on the Pats as they have done well over the years... I doubt anyone associated with either team would agree on a 9 point line...

Old 01-18-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
The line reflects the money bet, not the reality of either team's chances at winning... There is a history of people betting on the Pats as they have done well over the years... I doubt anyone associated with either team would agree on a 9 point line...
I understand how bookies/betting lines work and I understand it doesn't affect a game to the players....I'm talking about putting money on the game.

If you have more people bet on the Pats -9 the line will go up....if you have alot of money going on the Ravens, the line will go down....it opened up at 10 however alot of money started going on the Ravens so the line has come down..

Just the opposite w/the 49ers....the money has been on them

Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
There is a history of people betting on the Pats as they have done well over the years...
How have the Patriots done in the past against the Ravens and the spread? Not great....

Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,231,821 times
GO PATS!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football