Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 08:28 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,629,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
He'll stay, but for entertainment sake I'd speculate he'd play for the Jets or possibly the Giants.

Brady would follow his buddy LeBron's lead. They both have nothing left to accomplish, so Brady would make a family move to NYC (like how LeBron moved to LA for family reasons.)

Gisele is often going to NYC for business reasons. Tom is often spending time in NYC too in the off season. They have a condo in NYC, & a house in upstate NY. Tom's son's mother lives in NY. Brady playing for the division rival Jets would allow him to get revenge against the Pats for letting him go like how Favre went to the Vikings to get revenge against GB after they moved on from him. Or maybe he'll go to the Bills. I forgot that Buffalo is in NY too.
Did you forget all three of those teams, the Jets, Giants and Bills have young QB's ready to play now? Nobody knows what Brady will do. Does he firmly want to play for another two seasons or more? If he does and New England wants to move on from him I have no doubt there will be at least a couple teams that will take him. But they'd have to be teams that have no QB so the options are limited. LA Chargers looking like one of those teams. Other possibilities would be Cincinnati, Miami, Las Vegas, Tampa Bay, Tennesse (if Tannehill has a meltdown this weekend? reunite with Vrabel.), Carolina, Jacksonville (but I think they like Minschew and have so much tied up into Foles).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 09:16 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,555,673 times
It makes no sense to me that brady would go to a team just because they have no quarterback. It’s not like he’s a bad player getting traded. I would think most teams would want him but why would he want them. Why the hell would he want to play for the chargers. They are a poor team and can’t sell tickets. I feel like he’s ruin himself by playing for them.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
It makes no sense to me that brady would go to a team just because they have no quarterback. It’s not like he’s a bad player getting traded. I would think most teams would want him but why would he want them. Why the hell would he want to play for the chargers. They are a poor team and can’t sell tickets. I feel like he’s ruin himself by playing for them.
Why would the Giants, Jets or Bills stunt their young QB's growth by forcing them to sit a year behind Brady? To me that doesn't make sense. And at this point in their careers, neither of those three teams is going to trade their young promising QB for Brady straight up.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:11 AM

815 posts, read 738,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Why would the Giants, Jets or Bills stunt their young QB's growth by forcing them to sit a year behind Brady? To me that doesn't make sense. And at this point in their careers, neither of those three teams is going to trade their young promising QB for Brady straight up.
For the Bills, I agree, Allen has made strides. For the other two, I don't think it would stunt their growth. If anything, be able to watch Brady's preparation and film study would probably benefit them in the long run, especially Daniel Jones. These guys tend to get thrown in there too fast. Look at Jimmy Garopollo, I don't think sitting behind Brady hurt him at all.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
For the Bills, I agree, Allen has made strides. For the other two, I don't think it would stunt their growth. If anything, be able to watch Brady's preparation and film study would probably benefit them in the long run, especially Daniel Jones. These guys tend to get thrown in there too fast. Look at Jimmy Garopollo, I don't think sitting behind Brady hurt him at all.
I don’t think the reward would be worth the risk any either case. Brady is basically statistically the same player as Allen, Jones and Darnold at this point in his career. You bring Brady to either of those teams and all it would take is one or two bad games by Brady and fans would call for his replacement. Better for Brady to go to a team with a great defense that is looking for a game manger QB that doesn’t have a young and viable back up option.

While QB’s like Jimmy G and Rodgers sat and went on to be good, how many QB’s basically played one or two full seasons and then were benched for a full year and came back to be good for that team? I can’t think of any. It’s typically a one way street when you let young QBs sit.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:07 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,648,282 times
I agree the days of a QB sitting and then turn into a playoff or franchise QB aren't going to be the norm.. Teams picking QB's high pretty much expect them to play. Rodgers situation, 3 yrs. happened when McCarthy was running a QB school (before the latest CBA, changes to practice time). This was a good thing for AR as his mechanics weren't great (and slipping back into those habits lately).

Watching the Pats this year has been interesting, remember all the no name players Tom made look great, not happening this year. He could be like Manning though, agree about defense. Rodgers is only 36 but the defense has helped him this year.

Old 01-04-2020, 05:23 PM

9,787 posts, read 7,507,148 times
He's not going to the Jets or the Bills. The Bills just made the playoffs and went toe-to-toe in the division with Josh Allen, so he's their future and they aren't going to jeopardize that for a season or 2 of a QB that will be 43 with declining arm strength. The Jets more likely than the Bills, but they seem hitched to Sam Darnold, and with Darnold in the lineup and not getting the high school kissing disease actually finished with a winning record I believe. Giants I could potentially see him going to, even moreso if McDaniels becomes the coach and have him mentor Daniel Jones for a season or 2. Chargers are a mess, why would he want to go there?? If you want to start an LA rumor, why not the Rams instead?? This all seems like white noise and some talk to kill a couple weeks in the offseason, remember the Belicheck to Giants rumors that swirled around in the media for a week to 10 days before Shurmur was hired?? I have a feeling this is more of that.

Brady can say about playing until he's 50 all he wants, but I think he's starting to see the writing on the wall with Watson, Mahomes, Jackson in the AFC about to supplant him as AFC's best quarterback. He'll play at most 2 or 3 seasons all in New England. He'll retire at about 45 or 46....still young enough where he can still be a competent, NFL caliber starting QB, but not old enough where he's embarrassing himself on the field, and this was the first year he started to trend more in the 2nd direction, the "embarrassing yourself on the field" direction. Belicheck will follow him out the door as well, whenever that happens. My guess is both after the 2022 season (unless they win the Super Bowl in 2021 than I see them both going out on top). Only way I see them coming back for 2023 is if Brady gets hurt and misses a majority of the season and or they fail to make the playoffs in 2022. Than I could potentially see 1 last hurrah for 2023. After this season I can't possibly still see him playing at the start of the '24 season.

Old 01-04-2020, 08:04 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,099,807 times
Brady gave up salary in previous years so he could keep the team from losing his teammates due to the salary cap. I don't see someone who would do that ever consider playing somewhere else. I think he would even stay on for a year as backup to a new QB to help him get better, before retiring.

Old 01-04-2020, 08:08 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,569,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Brady gave up salary in previous years so he could keep the team from losing his teammates due to the salary cap. I don't see someone who would do that ever consider playing somewhere else. I think he would even stay on for a year as backup to a new QB to help him get better, before retiring.
Don't know about retiring as a degree below the head, but agree with the rest. Think he will stay with the Patriots. The love/hate realationship with Bill and him is a forever cycle. Ie: A marriage, imho.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:12 AM

24,449 posts, read 23,124,128 times
Brady's a sham and he knows it. No way will he go off alone and try to survive without the protection the pats have built around him. Unless he opts to be a backup QB solely for another ring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football