Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 11:46 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,556,199 times

Advertisements

I just don’t get what would be in it for him if he switches teams. It does seem like it’s time for him to just retire. I think he’d look foolish if he moved teams. He’s had an amazing career. Leave it at that. There’s nothing more to prove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 02:00 PM

858 posts, read 1,147,610 times
IMO, Brady would rather stay in NE and finish his career there. The issue is whether the patriots are willing to pay a 43 (next season) year old for another season or look at the future. Brady has already made it known that he is not through. Maybe something could be worked out with the patriots, if not there's free agency. How many teams are out there are willing to throw good money on a 43 year old QB, who may give them one season, would he be good for another? There could be a contending team out there that may take the chance and sign him, even if its only for one year. Obviously he's not getting any younger. So some tough decisions loom in regards to Tom Brady's future.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:52 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,292,742 times
The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. He's not going to have the magic that Favre had when he left the Packers. Brady has accomplished more than any other QB with the Patriots. NE would be foolish to move from him, unless Brady opts to retire. Even if you have a couple of underwhelming seasons, like this current season, ahead. You are riding the Brady and Belichick train until one or both retire. Brady on another team will just be a disaster. He'll look even more of a shell of himself. Only worse teams are looking for him as a QB, not better teams. Continue to dance with the date you brought to prom.

Old 01-10-2020, 06:15 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,561,725 times
I think he should either re-sign with Pats or retire. If he signs with another team and doesn’t do well,people are gonna say he is a system guy and a bit overrated. You don’t want to end your career on a bit of a sour note.

Old 01-11-2020, 07:29 AM

22,405 posts, read 29,522,524 times
I think he'll stay with the Pats. It makes no sense to jump ships now

Old 01-11-2020, 09:09 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,631,640 times
The best thing Brady has going for him is that they don't appear to have a viable back up option at this point like they had with Jimmy G a few years ago. If he does come back though, I wouldn't rule out the 2020 season being the the season where we see Brady benched if he puts up similar pedestrian numbers as he did this season and Bill thinks he can get the same or better production from a rookie or their current back up.

Old 01-11-2020, 12:38 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,060,072 times
I don’t think Brady goes anywhere. While a team like the Chargers with no replacement for Phil Rivers could get desperate, I can’t imagine he’d do well adjusting to new coaches and new schemes, etc. I also don’t see Telesco and Spanos giving Brady the moon and stars in acquiring and paying for the talent he wants. Spanos would just be content having Brady on the team to sell tickets. Likewise, I’m not certain LA and their football culture would care either way if he were there.

I also don’t think another team would bench a young inexpensive quarterback to for an older, more expensive one. They will not also give him the loyalty New England has. Take the Giants. You’d be hard-pressed to convince NY fans benching Daniel Jones is worth it. Brady were to throw another pick six, they’d boo him out of town and say they were better with Eli, even as a backup.

I just don’t think Brady has that much leverage outside of New England. But that’s just my opinion.

Old 01-11-2020, 03:27 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,556,199 times
It hasn’t been determined if the chargers are getting rid of Philip rivers. I think they’d be dumb if they did. He attracts the majority of the attention. If they lose him they’ll lose that

Old 01-12-2020, 08:46 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,245,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
Sounds like you had a bad day, lol. A big reason the rams made it to the super bowl was because of Goff. Due to offensive line issues, a super bowl hangover, etc., the entire offense struggled this year.

I concur with the zero chance if his intent is to chase the all time passing records.
I don't know what to say if you actually think Goff is actually a "good" QB....his SB run season was the outlier, all other evidence points to him being a journeyman at best.

Brady isn't about "chasing records" never has been....he is only about winning.

He has made it very clear that he isn't retiring so I don't know why people keep putting that out there as an option

I also see lots of comments here and elsewhere that HE should decide to stay with the Pats...all well and good except it isn't just his decision, BB may decide to move on and I think that is a real possibility

Ultimately I think it is most likely he stays because the Pats don't have a better option at QB

However Brady is a free agent, he is also the GOAT at QB and people are crazy if they don't think there are owners out there who will pay through the nose knowing how many tickets he would sell if they can sign him

Pats don't have a lot of cap space and they could definitely be outbid, Brady may be tempted if another team with better weapons wants him

People who think Brady was a "shell of himself" a "noodle arm" or just looked at his statistics didn't watch him play this season. He still can make all the throws, has plenty of zip and can still read any defense

When you have WR's who can't catch (one of the highest drop rates in NFL this season) can't separate from coverage, literally have no TE's and a pedestrian running game and a starting left tackle for most of the season who was easily the worst in the NFL it makes it tough to move the ball

He isn't the same QB he was even 2 years ago....he may no longer be top 3 but with actual NFL WR's he is still top 10

Old 01-12-2020, 08:48 AM

3,700 posts, read 2,430,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
The Rams are salary cap challenged, but if something could be worked out wouldn't mind having Brady on the team as a back up. Brady would probably want to be a starter though at his new gig, if he left. He would be a great influence on Goff's career. Both northern california products. The Rams current back up Blake Bortles is a free agent. Also with other fa's Littleton, Fowler, Brockers etc. the Rams have bigger concerns right now.
Brady accepting a backup position?

No way, José.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football