Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 10:59 AM

650 posts, read 451,848 times

Advertisements

In my opinion the NFL has become a sport in which anyone can basically play, even if they are completely frail. Look no further than Patrick Mahomes winning Super Bowl MVP without much of an ankle. See the NFL is just too easy and is not a real a gladiator sport like UFC, Hockey, or even Rugby. You see in those sports they either don't wear any padding, they are fighting each other, or they play 82 games a season. In the NFL fighting is not allowed, they wear pads, and only play 17 games a season. Not a real tough sport at all. In my opinion the NFL should do one of three things if not all. 1. Allow fighting 2. Ban helmets and padding 3. Play 82 games in a season. That way the NFL can get the true glory of being a worldly sport, and Europeans, Asians, and Canadians won't laugh at us anymore for being wimps.

Old 05-03-2023, 11:42 AM

4,879 posts, read 6,945,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunepenguins View Post
In my opinion the NFL has become a sport in which anyone can basically play, even if they are completely frail. Look no further than Patrick Mahomes winning Super Bowl MVP without much of an ankle. See the NFL is just too easy and is not a real a gladiator sport like UFC, Hockey, or even Rugby. You see in those sports they either don't wear any padding, they are fighting each other, or they play 82 games a season. In the NFL fighting is not allowed, they wear pads, and only play 17 games a season. Not a real tough sport at all. In my opinion the NFL should do one of three things if not all. 1. Allow fighting 2. Ban helmets and padding 3. Play 82 games in a season. That way the NFL can get the true glory of being a worldly sport, and Europeans, Asians, and Canadians won't laugh at us anymore for being wimps.
You obviously have never played football at any level above Pop Warner.

Old 05-03-2023, 12:00 PM

8,428 posts, read 7,436,918 times
I especially liked the observation about how the NFL, because players use helmets and pads, is not a real gladiator sport such as hockey, where players use helmets and pads.

Old 05-03-2023, 02:54 PM

68,347 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:

UFC? Hockey? Rugby?

Let's be realistic, the only real gladiator sport is one in which the losers are carted off to the morgue, anything else is playing gladiator.

Old 05-03-2023, 06:20 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,783,535 times
I have never seen a "frail" gridiron tackle football player ever much less a frail NFL player. NFL players are hands down the biggest, toughest, and meanest gridiron football players out there. Sure some of them could be more fit than they are but that's another story, I wouldn't call them frail. Now the CFL up in Canada prefer smaller and leaner players but I wouldn't call their players frail either. Without helmets and pads, you basically go back to rugby union, upon which you cannot tackle as swift or hard as gridiron players do. And no rugby teams do not fight or play 82 games a season. That is just plain absurd. The O.P. either does not understand gridiron football or is simply trolling.

Old 05-03-2023, 06:56 PM

18,232 posts, read 25,891,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
That is just plain absurd. The O.P. either does not understand gridiron football or is simply trolling.
I'm usually pretty upbeat and don't get too critical over an individuals input on this message board but there is something here I need to point out.

The OP's input on this message board is 629 posts. The weather forum has 609 posts, nothing on sports what I can see.

On the other hand, there is this thing called free speech.--K,, the seven day forecast on this thread is going to be stormy!

Old 05-03-2023, 07:14 PM

22,618 posts, read 47,750,325 times
Quote:
In my opinion the NFL has become a sport in which anyone can basically play, even if they are completely frail.
So, since "anyone can basically play", what level have you played?

Old 05-04-2023, 06:05 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,848,359 times
This must be a parody post because April Fools day was last month.

Old 05-08-2023, 08:09 AM

381 posts, read 172,243 times
obviously a joke post. And people respond.

Old 05-08-2023, 02:22 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,163,444 times
Quote:
I agree. And stop using your hands. Its football for gods sake. Also why the oblong ball, just use a round ball. And why kick it over the post, make a box under the post 120 yards apart. I guess one guy using his hands right in front of the goalpost would be okay, but otherwise just feet. If you use your hand, it should be a foul or a penalty or something. And no need for pads. At even the slightest touch you should throw yourself to the ground writhing in pain, then get up and be completely fine 10 seconds after the foul is either called or rejected. Thats NFL football. Lets do it. the World has never seen something like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football