Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 08:46 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,166,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
He stabbed his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend to death. The population in hell just went up by one.
And he confessed to it via "hypothetical" scenarios after the fact, knowing he was immune from further prosecution and had already lost the civil case. He did this both on-camera and in his book, and he even made light of it, laughing about the events numerous times during his interview.

Talking about putting on a cap and gloves and grabbing a knife out of his Bronco before going into his ex-wife's residence, he said "I always kept a knife for the crazies and stuff because you can't travel with a gun." He then walks through the entire event, all under the guise of a hypothetical.

I don't know about you, but if my ex-wife had been brutally murdered and I was widely-believed to be the culprit, I wouldn't go through, in detail, some imaginary scenario in which I had killed her and how I did it, using a first-person "me" and describing the events as though they happened.

I don't typically post YouTube videos, but anyone who hasn't seen this really should watch this interview. If the mountain of evidence doesn't convince you, his comments here should:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk2Wgvy-_jI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 08:59 AM

3,950 posts, read 2,342,896 times
^^^^He was not the sharpest knife in the drawer and he lived in a bubble. That's why he ended up going to jail on another matter. IMHO, he was incredibly stupid. However, since this is in the pro football thread, I will only comment on his exploits on the gridiron where he was excellent.

Old 04-12-2024, 12:00 PM

16,273 posts, read 10,401,684 times
Not sure how anyone can claim this hardly made the news and nobody cares. It most certainly was all over the news and tons of people cared about this news.

I was also surprised to read a poster still believes he was not guilty. Hell even those cheering the verdict have come to their senses, I have not heard anyone say he was innocent for a decade. Until now. But I also agree that discussion belongs in another thread.

I grew up watching The Juice. He was as electric as any athlete I have ever seen. That's why that white Bronco scene was so dramatic to those of us who watched him play. To us that was like Patrick Mahomes in that Bronco and I could not take my eyes off the TV for hours.

Old 04-12-2024, 02:24 PM

17,295 posts, read 22,013,755 times
If you asked 100 people what was OJ most famous for.............Football wouldn't be the #1 answer

Old 04-12-2024, 03:16 PM

17,150 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
If you asked 100 people what was OJ most famous for.............Football wouldn't be the #1 answer
Right. He will always be remembered for breaking into a Las Vegas hotel room surrounded by a bunch of goons to retrieve sports memorabilia be believed to be stolen.

Old 04-12-2024, 04:53 PM

40 posts, read 16,725 times
He'd never get to find the true killer now. This would be another case that would probably remain unsolved forever.

Old 04-13-2024, 05:42 AM

17,295 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Case should have been a slam dunk:

1. He had motive as an abusive ex-husband
2. He wasn't home, Bronco had blood on the door when it came back
3. The chase part was clearly actions of a desperate guilty man

But the lawyers were good, the jurors set the Juice free!

I'd love to know, wish he had a one liner in his will or issued a statement on film: "Hey this is OJ, just want to straighten this thing out once and for all: I DID IT!" Sorry kids, but your mom just made me crazy so I had to teach her a lesson or whatever his explanation would have been

Old 04-13-2024, 07:26 AM

16,273 posts, read 10,401,684 times
OJ spent 9 years in prison, then several years later "caught" (his words) cancer. The treatment and ultimate death could not have been pleasant. His post on Twitter, where he laughed at the people who said something about him going into hospice as he bragged about his Super Bowl party, showed he was a liar to the very end. He never did pay the judgement he was ordered to pay the families of his victims.

Sorry not sorry at this news. He was a bad guy.

Old 04-13-2024, 05:44 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Fox News has just reported that O.J. Simpson has died from cancer. He was 76. Plenty of news sources are reporting on this, just came online 15 minutes ago.
On a pop-culture viewpoint...

I watched a documentary on OJ last night and came to the conclusion, from way back in the late 80s, the local police got so many domestic violence calls due to his treatment of Nicole, and the only thing more gut wrenching act than that was the fact she and her friends and family put up with it.

Now, the guy OJ with respect to his athletic career to me was summed up in a a sideline talk with Bo Jackson as the Raiders were getting hammered by the Buffalo Bills with a gloating OJ doing the interview. I can't find it, but Bo seemed pretty ticked and OJ was trying to be snarky.

What kind of privilege does a person enjoy and how do they treat others with respect to the blessings they enjoy?

That's how I judge a person.

But how I judge society is how they treat folks who do well or poorly. If they're doing well, it's easy to rally around them. But if they're down or not doing well, do we pick them up? Hold them accountable?

We have a lot of work to do. We should celebrate success and amend or thwart treachery.

Old 04-15-2024, 04:19 PM

12,393 posts, read 9,493,040 times
I try not to speak ill of the dead, so I will just have to leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football