Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 05:35 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,474,087 times

Advertisements

Brett Rypien? Is that Mark's son?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 10:28 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Brett Rypien? Is that Mark's son?

Nephew. Plays for Boise State. Looks.. well, he's the class of the Mountain West at QB.. Which is.. You know, not necessarily the greatest accolade you could have. But, the reason I mention him is because he fits the mold of a late draft pick and.. Knowing Snyder's penchant for reliving past glory.. This is a pick the Redskins would make based on that.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:53 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times
I'm not sure drafting another Nate Sudfeld will accomplish anything. It's also a crappy year for QBs even at the top. And as we all know drafting a QB is a crap shoot. Ask a Bears fan, outside of a few good years from McMahan they haven't had a QB since Sid Luckman. Look at the QB draft history of Cleveland, the Jets or Washington for that matter. Finding a good QB in the draft is incredibly hard and there is no indication the people evaluating personnel for the Redskins will accomplish this very difficult feat.

And that's why when you have one you do not allow him to leave.*

*Insert Dave beating a dead horse emoji here.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 10-13-2018 at 05:02 AM..

Old 10-14-2018, 07:08 AM

Crowder and Thompson are out. They won't score 17 points today. Damn this team, I am so done with all of this.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:58 AM

3,736 posts, read 2,566,784 times
This was mentioned earlier in the season, but for comedic purposes, bears repeating.
FedEx is half-empty. And they're playing a regional opponent (Carolina), who have a manageable commute for their traveling fans.
It's mid 2nd quarter, so I don't think it's just an issue of late arrivals. It looks like an Arena football crowd, or an old Atlanta Thrashers game.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:43 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
This was mentioned earlier in the season, but for comedic purposes, bears repeating.
FedEx is half-empty. And they're playing a regional opponent (Carolina), who have a manageable commute for their traveling fans.
It's mid 2nd quarter, so I don't think it's just an issue of late arrivals. It looks like an Arena football crowd, or an old Atlanta Thrashers game.
I'm a Stadium's half-full type of guy.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:42 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Excellent win for the Redskins, guys. Congrats!

Old 10-15-2018, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm a Stadium's half-full type of guy.
OK that was funny.

I have no idea how to feel. I mean before the season every one of us would have signed up for 3-2 and first place on October 15. But I watch and I'm just not sold. Seeing Cam take it down the field at the end was such an easy call, I told my wife when the Redskins got into field goal territory with 4 minutes left that they would stall, only go up 6, and lose in the end. If Cam hits that wide open 4th down play, or had gone to Olsen on 3rd down, that's exactly what would have happened.

Just the same old Redskins. They never bury a team when they get up early, Jay is constantly out coached at halftime, and as a result we must rely on bad late passes or Green Bay receivers making key drops or penalties, to win. They got nice outside pass rush pressure yesterday but nothing from the inside and as a result Cam had an easy pocket to throw from. I watched Jon Allen a lot as I replayed the game and while winning a number of his battles he is simply not making plays. Ioannidis was invisible again.

But thank God AP was still available, without him they would be in big trouble. They beat a good team, a team they never beat. They won without their best WR (in theory) and without their most consistent weapon in the pass game in Thompson who was out because our coach thought it was a good idea to pound a 190 pound running back up the middle at the end of a blow out loss. But I digress.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 10-15-2018 at 05:29 AM..

Old 10-15-2018, 07:32 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,474,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
OK that was funny.

I have no idea how to feel. I mean before the season every one of us would have signed up for 3-2 and first place on October 15. But I watch and I'm just not sold. Seeing Cam take it down the field at the end was such an easy call, I told my wife when the Redskins got into field goal territory with 4 minutes left that they would stall, only go up 6, and lose in the end. If Cam hits that wide open 4th down play, or had gone to Olsen on 3rd down, that's exactly what would have happened.

Just the same old Redskins. They never bury a team when they get up early, Jay is constantly out coached at halftime, and as a result we must rely on bad late passes or Green Bay receivers making key drops or penalties, to win. They got nice outside pass rush pressure yesterday but nothing from the inside and as a result Cam had an easy pocket to throw from. I watched Jon Allen a lot as I replayed the game and while winning a number of his battles he is simply not making plays. Ioannidis was invisible again.

But thank God AP was still available, without him they would be in big trouble. They beat a good team, a team they never beat. They won without their best WR (in theory) and without their most consistent weapon in the pass game in Thompson who was out because our coach thought it was a good idea to pound a 190 pound running back up the middle at the end of a blow out loss. But I digress.

I felt the same way. I was watching the game with a buddy of mine at one of the local bar and grills (he's a Panthers fan), and I told him, don't worry, I know the script the 'skins follow. They jump on top of a team in the first half, go completely away in the third quarter, and the game comes down to the last play. before the 'skins kicked that last field goal, I could tell my friend was getting very quiet (he doesn't take losing too well), I told him, don't worry, the 'skins drive will stall, they'll be forced to kick the field goal, they'll give Cam plenty of time to get his team downfield, the 'skins will play a soft zone, and the Panthers will have a great chance of beating us by one point.

Just about happened exactly like that except for the last couple of plays. All the Panthers fans in the restaurant could feel that they were going to have another last second win, but it was all for not.

I'm happy our team is 3-2 right now. But, they have a lot of work to do, and it's mostly on the coaching staff. There's no half time adjustments. The Redskins offense continues to have an inability to score in the third quarter, and if they score at all in the second half, it's usually no more than about 7 points. In this case, it was 6 points in the 4th quarter. The coaches have a lot of work to do. I get the feeling that Jay Gruden can game plan with the best of them in the early going when the plays are scripted, but he has no answer in the second half. He needs to better learn how to make second half adjustments.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:05 AM

I'm glad to read your posts, all of mine have been negative here lately and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's year 5, Jay is who Jay is and I don't expect him to magically learn how to make good halftime adjustments. That's why I said part of me wants them to lose out so Snyder will have to make changes. But of course when the games start I can't root against the Redskins, especially when it's Cam. Can't stand that dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football