Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 11:06 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Keep in mind that the Packers didn't game plan for Vick

I understand that, just thinking that he did show up, and he did produce. Trust me when I say this, you could alot worse than Vick that is for sure.....be glad you don't have a Billy Joe Toliver or a Lamarcus Russell as your second string.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 08:00 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,997,107 times
Its game day! Go LIONS GO!! EAT, CHEW & SPIT out that DOG!!!

Hey Mike......As they wish you luck, BREAK A LEG!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:38 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
I have a bet on the game with points not result. So if the Eagles win by 6 points or less I win the bet

Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
This is coming from a Cowboys fan.....I wouldn't be suprised if Vick really shines(as much as he can anyway) this season. He still has alot left in the tank, can run better than any QB in the league and his arm is still pretty strong. Wish we had a QB of that caliber as our backup.
By all means call Jerry and sign this cancer. He should have went to the Cowpies in the first place. Would have been a perfect fit for the Raiders of the NFC twin.

On a serious note, he is a cancer. Being a lifelong Eagle fan I about puked when Jefthro brought him onto the team. The Lions and Rams at least has some ethics and passed. Being here in Atlanta for some time I watched this self absorbed thug come in and ruin a team. Now we have McNabb playing for Washington and we keep VICK?

My prediction for my blessed to cursed Eagles will be 4-12 this year with a best effort of 6-10 if they are lucky. If Vick remains the starter give it time and watch the infighting begin, watch the morphing of the Eagles into the Falcons of old. When Mike Smith came to Atlanta he took out the trash and moved out anything affiliated with Vick. Living very close to Flowery Branch myself and Falcon headquarters one can see the difference of pride in regard to the players.

Vick going to change? Have you ever attempted to polish a turd? Heck, he has already been in trouble in Philly only to be saved twice again. Nah! you can't change crap. Yes, you are correct, he is fast I guess running from dogs and police give you practice, he does have much left in his tank as he still makes TO look like a saint in the arrogance trash talking standings, and for his arm I guess raising it so much on the bench being sworn in for testimony has provided much assistance.

Maybe Philadelphia should have had Mike Smith. If so, you would probably have a stronger line, Donovan would still be there, and Vick? Well, he would not be playing for Philadelphia!

I will continue to pray for my birds. That and their management seeing the light.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:13 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Keep in mind that the Packers didn't game plan for Vick
That's BS and you know it. Vick would be in the game at least a dozen times last year and it was the only succesful thing the Eagles did in the playoff game. Dom Capers isn't a moron. You can bet your bottom dollar the Packers were anticipating seeing some Vick.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
That's BS and you know it. Vick would be in the game at least a dozen times last year and it was the only succesful thing the Eagles did in the playoff game. Dom Capers isn't a moron. You can bet your bottom dollar the Packers were anticipating seeing some Vick.
The Lions controlled him a l.ot better when they were not blitzing and kept him in the pocket. Not sure why they didn't stick to it all game

Old 09-19-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
The Lions controlled him a l.ot better when they were not blitzing and kept him in the pocket. Not sure why they didn't stick to it all game
The guy goes 21-34 with no picks and runs for 37 yards. Leave it to Mr. "Roy Halladay is mediocre" to say the Lions "controlled" him

Old 09-19-2010, 06:31 PM
FBJ

Quote:
The guy goes 21-34 with no picks and runs for 37 yards. Leave it to Mr. "Roy Halladay is mediocre" to say the Lions "controlled" him

They just missed tackles which is unacceptable for the money they make. Lions was supposed to win that game and blew it

Old 09-19-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
They just missed tackles which is unacceptable for the money they make. Lions was supposed to win that game and blew it
Has it ever occured to you that, may be, the reason LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Mike Vick, etc seem to have so many guys miss tackles against them is because, they're elusive, fast and run hard?

Would it kill you to give a single ounce of credit to anyone in an Eagles uniform? Not only do you loathe the Eagles to a disturbing extent, you have a very sick obsession. This is not atypical behavior of human beings. You really need to see a shrink.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Has it ever occured to you that, may be, the reason LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Mike Vick, etc seem to have so many guys miss tackles against them is because, they're elusive, fast and run hard?

Would it kill you to give a single ounce of credit to anyone in an Eagles uniform? Not only do you loathe the Eagles to a disturbing extent, you have a very sick obsession. This is not atypical behavior of human beings. You really need to see a shrink.

Yes I give him credit for spinning away and extending plays. Which is why I want Kolb to start again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football