Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 03:23 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,268,936 times

Advertisements

The franchise is brutal. They have no idea how to run a football team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,735,801 times
i am not going to lie. bills played decent except for McKelvin fumbling the ball. he did get a nice return, out to the 30, but he should've when down when he had 5 guys on him. can't wait till next week. playing the Bucs. T.O. did pretty decent. got the ball twice (both 1st downers), dropped once

Old 09-15-2009, 08:33 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,378,145 times
I was really pulling for the Bills yesterday. I just caught the 4th QTR. Why didn't the Bills try to run the clock out on the Pats?

Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,793,448 times
They blew it with a little help from the home cooking officials. There is no way that Welker got a first down on that final drive before the touchdown. He was easily a yard short and the officials spotted him very generously. McKelvin should have just taken a knee, the Bills had some mometum going and could easily have gotten a first down or two to run out the clock. Another assy win for the Pats.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 AM

18,226 posts, read 25,880,114 times
Good points by jeff and texas girl.

McKelvin ran right into that wedge. When you are going into a pack of 5 players they are going to
1. Stand you upright as long as they can
2. Pull that ball out. And the Pats were successful at both.

And if I was the Bills special teams coach I would have told McKelvin to avoid that scenario. Run wide, try to get a blocker or two ahead of him, have BOTH hands on the ball, and go down. Slide down if you have to. You don't give them the opportunity to yank that football out of your hands. McKelvins notion would be to drop to the ground, but was unable to do that because the Pats were standing him up with one guy getting that ball out, and they succeeded.

The Bills played good enough to win, too-that's what is sad.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:37 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,735,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I was really pulling for the Bills yesterday. I just caught the 4th QTR. Why didn't the Bills try to run the clock out on the Pats?
whoa a texas girl rooting for Buffalo wow i never thought i would see the day lol Cuz the pats knew we would run it. plus cool is right also welker was short. Bills need to play man to man and try to break up those passes. welker and Moss were constantly doing slant routes or up and out routes and we were to far back.
Yeah Should've just went down. plus i know everytime Lynch does that. the ref eventually blows the whistle if he's got a billion guys on him and he literally can't move but he's still standing. i dont know why they didnt do that with Mckelvin.
Wow at the beginning of the game i said to my dad. "Where are the refs? all i see are red and white uniforms. i can't see the officials. oh wait. there they are blending in with the pats ugly red uniforms" bleah

Old 09-15-2009, 01:00 PM

18,226 posts, read 25,880,114 times
Jeff! Whazzup? Actually what they are doing is retro week! As both the Bills and the Patriots are/were original AFL charter teams, they wore the uniforms they had back in the day. And regarding the referees, those were the exact uniforms the AFL referees wore as well. seriously!

The Bills uniforms had basically no change with the exception of the buffalo on the helmet.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:17 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,378,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
whoa a texas girl rooting for Buffalo wow i never thought i would see the day lol Cuz the pats knew we would run it. plus cool is right also welker was short. Bills need to play man to man and try to break up those passes. welker and Moss were constantly doing slant routes or up and out routes and we were to far back.
Yeah Should've just went down. plus i know everytime Lynch does that. the ref eventually blows the whistle if he's got a billion guys on him and he literally can't move but he's still standing. i dont know why they didnt do that with Mckelvin.
Wow at the beginning of the game i said to my dad. "Where are the refs? all i see are red and white uniforms. i can't see the officials. oh wait. there they are blending in with the pats ugly red uniforms" bleah
Well, I cheer for anyone playing the cheatin' Pats!!

Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 PM

11,274 posts, read 11,043,276 times
A win against the Pats, in NE nonetheless, would have been a MASSIVE confidence booster. If anybody wants to experience what it's like to go from ecstatic joy to complete disbelief, just watch a Bills game. I have seen it more times than I care to admit. It's not that they lose-it's the way they lose. They just cannot finish games, and in the end, that's what separates winning franchises from losing ones. The turnover aside, if they play as well as they did against NE at home against Tampa, we should come out on top.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:10 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,615,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Well, I cheer for anyone playing the cheatin' Pats!!
If I was a Steelers fan I would root against the PATS too, because any time they both make the playoffs they whip Pittsburgh tail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football