Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 03:02 PM

718 posts, read 2,361,030 times

Advertisements

I haven't really watched the Packers that much this year, but I was really pretty much impressed with their game today. I thought after the very first series of the game it was going to be a long day for them, but they pretty much stepped it up and really should have won it! Still happy about the outcome, but glad it was a good (?) game!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 03:10 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
It's a game the Pack should've won. It also shows the parity of the NFL. An average team at best (sorry, I call it like I see it) competing with the league's only unbeaten team.

Gotta hand it to the defense for keeping it close. I like Rodgers and he had another solid game on paper, but he's got to finish these drives. Red zone does not equal end zone, and three does not equal six or seven. If it did, the Pack wins. Oh well. Still have to play the Bears twice. Division title/playoffs are still very much a possibility.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:11 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Titans 19, Pack 16 (OT)

When you can't punch it in you settle for three. Could've turned out a lot differently.

Still, taking the Titans to overtime and being 4-4 at the season's midpoint - really, it could be a lot worse.

For once I was actually rooting for the Lions to beat the Bears. 27-23 Chicago. Bears in first place at 5-3 in the North.

Rodgers threw alot of dumb passes today, and we looked sloppy early.

It also looked like our defense would make contact with a back or WR and they would still pick up 2-3 yards after that.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Rodgers threw alot of dumb passes today, and we looked sloppy early.

It also looked like our defense would make contact with a back or WR and they would still pick up 2-3 yards after that.
Pretty predictable coming off a bye and given Rodgers' track record this year. I hope he'll get better.

Remember, Favre was also quite erratic in his first two or three years, and you never knew which Brett was going to show up.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:53 PM

We suck. That is all

Old 11-09-2008, 02:57 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,195 times
I do not understand the PaCKER STRATEGY LATE TODAY. mCcARTHY IS A GOOD COACH, BUT IF HE WASNT SO CONSERVATIVE THEY COULDVE GOTTEN CROSBY A LOT CLOSER FOR THAT LAST FIELD GOAL ATTEMPT.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:57 PM

Parts of the team suck. The offensive line for instance. Without that sack of Rodgers in the endzone, it's a win.

Oh well. My only expectation going into this year was being competitive in every game. At least the Bears lost too. As mediocre as the Pack are this go-around, they still have a reasonable chance at the playoffs. Next week could determine this team's future. It'd be nice to get Rodgers some prime-time exposure in the postseason, even if it results in a quick exit.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:17 PM

I would throw win our D-line as well, We gave up almost 200 yards rushing to Peterson.

What is the point at making the playoffs if it is one and done? I think we could use a higher draft pick, get a player who can make a difference right away.

Also, whats with all the penalties? How many false starts did we have, there is alot this team needs before we are a good football team.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
What is the point at making the playoffs if it is one and done? I think we could use a higher draft pick, get a player who can make a difference right away.
Not a whole lot of difference in draft order between a first-round playoff team and a team that barely missed. The experience would be good for the young players. Either they make it or they don't. If draft order was the main priority they should stop trying now. Basically, become the Raiders.

The false starts are just one part of the O-line's inadequacy. They can't block, they can't follow a snap count, they can't do anything right. Both the O-line and D-line should be priorities in the offseason.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:42 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
For some reason the Packers arent getting their games shown in KC this season so I have missed most of the games.

But, I was expecting much more from a team that was a field goal away from the Super Bowl last season.

The O-Line needs to be fixed. ASAP.

Rodgers has shown he is ready to lead this team but if he isnt getting protection then he cant produce.

Ryan Grant isnt the answer at RB. I wasnt sold on him last year and still arent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football