Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 11:39 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times

Advertisements

I heard tell that one of those women DID frett her pretty head about man's business...the world nearly exploded.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 04:21 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,193,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post

I like this answer, you are probably right!

haha, that's what I hope. I'm a masculine type man, and dislike feminism very much. I'm very traditional and believe the man is the leader of the house...haha, now I know I will be attacked. I still love to see a little cutie or older fine woman drivin a feminine type car (that no guy should drive!). Please don't let me see a sexy lady driving a manly truck!
I kinda used to be a chauvinist like this. Until I had a little girl and realized how attitudes like this are prehistoric relics of our uncivilized past that systematically limit the potential of one half of our population from birth. I don't blame you, I was blind to how differently girls are treated until I had one of my own. Now it's disconcerting to say the least.

Even the boys from Little Feat are impressed by girls and big trucks...
Semi-smokin mama, you got to give me some
Heard you got the biggest, biggest truck in town
Right on through to Baltimore you got to love me now

Good luck with your irrational phobia.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:36 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,192,280 times
Marriage is becoming less common, everybody has to make a living, so it's no wonder that women are taking employment in fields that used to be considered men's work. I never thought I'd see women in combat either. Women have to have a job somewhere.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:25 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
As a country boy, I'm biased in favor of hot women in big trucks.
I love my man Coastalbum.., but I'm with Slowpoke on this one..

Personally, I dig women driving trucks. And honestly, I find the bigger her truck,.. the sexier it is .

Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
They need a job? Just a guess...
95% of the trucks on the road have nothing to do with a job. They are a status symbol in the US due to marketing. Ever notice most every single truck you see driving around is empty. Americans love the empty pickup. Never understood why anyone would want such a primitive vehicle for daily use, but in the US it is all about cup holders and sitting up high and nothing to do with actually driving and performance. Such a contrast to the educated people in Northern Europe.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:03 AM

29 posts, read 27,976 times
Whats wrong with a woman driving a truck? They are more useful than a tiny little pink Volkswagen bug with cute little flower planters on the fenders. If they have a big hairy dog, where do you think they will put it to go to the park? What about if they want to get rid of dirt? Or junk? Or a grill to go do a cookout with the friends?

Why do you like trucks?

Old 07-17-2014, 10:23 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,878,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Usually it's because they need to haul stuff frequently. Isn't that why most people get trucks?
Having the ability to do it vs. having to actually do it are 2 different things. I'd wager America as a whole buy them for the 1st category and only need it a large minority of the time. It's all good though, we don't buy only for need either.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,429,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I love my man Coastalbum.., but I'm with Slowpoke on this one..

Personally, I dig women driving trucks. And honestly, I find the bigger her truck,.. the sexier it is .

Ruth, you found my forum man! I knew this would be controversial and I would get flack for it! I can't agree, I prefer the girls in VW's with the flower with them, pure femininity. I also like the little Cabrio cars that I see with girls driving them. No guy should be caught dead driving a Cabrio!
But, the picture earlier of that sexy woman with the truck was nice, and I couldn't open up the volkswagen picture!!

Old 07-17-2014, 10:53 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,366,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
95% of the trucks on the road have nothing to do with a job. They are a status symbol in the US due to marketing. Ever notice most every single truck you see driving around is empty. Americans love the empty pickup. Never understood why anyone would want such a primitive vehicle for daily use, but in the US it is all about cup holders and sitting up high and nothing to do with actually driving and performance. Such a contrast to the educated people in Northern Europe.
Are you trying to be a caricature of a snob? Because you're doing a really good job.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:08 AM

513 posts, read 736,733 times
Well, I've driven pickup trucks, a Land Cruiser, Chevrolet with a Landau roof, Subaru, a Ford Fairlane, and two Volkswagen Beetles and people have had derogatory comments regarding each--I say drive what you want to, woman or man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology