Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 09:35 AM

50,980 posts, read 36,683,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They worry a lot about a small percentage of the population - "Chads" who get a lot of girls. Nothing new there, they used to be called Romeos or different names. Other men would admire them. But the incels are just really angry that some men do well with women. They are an entitled bunch.
They think women only like jerky, mean men, and don't like them because they're too "nice" which they are not at all. My bf is the quintessential "kind man", he goes out of his way for people and is very giving. He even kisses his cats and lets them lick ice cream off his spoon. He never had any problems with women. Then again, he didn't have the attitude that he "deserved" a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader or supermodel. He dated real women, like me. I think a lot of them don't want that.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:40 AM

52 posts, read 30,159 times
"real women, like me"

Congratulations. Even Sonia, Sonic or whoever she is couldn't make that one up.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I don't think shaming is going to work with this group. Has it ever?
I don't know; does it work for incels who constantly try to shame other men into joining them? Calling them betas, emotional tampons, telling them they are the unattractive 80%, they take the blue pill and allow themselves to be the fallback "stable provider" the woman is "not sexually attracted to" and so on? What do you mean by "work"? This is a small subset and always will be, no matter who shames whom.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:14 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,973,754 times
Well I wouldn't recommend the hookers lining up by the highway or in dark alleys. There's a better class of hooker available to have a drink with at lounge and then go up to a nice clean hotel room with. I haven't done this for 50 years but have fond memories. But you know, hookers are still people. If you want them to treat you nice, you have to treat them nice as well, and once you achieve an orgasm the "date" is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
The ones who aren't on meth or crack.

Last edited by bobspez; 10-13-2018 at 01:25 PM..

Old 10-13-2018, 01:35 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,163,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Well I wouldn't recommend the hookers lining up by the highway or in dark alleys. There's a better class of hooker available to have a drink with at lounge and then go up to a nice clean hotel room with. I haven't done this for 50 years but have fond memories. But you know, hookers are still people. If you want them to treat you nice, you have to treat them nice as well, and once you achieve an orgasm the "date" is over.
I think men who are still virgins after their mid-20s should just visit Nevada. Prostitution is legal in Nevada outside of Clark County (Las Vegas, although there are plenty of 'em there). Visit maybe Tonopah and go to a reputable house and lose your virginity. I understand these establishments are government inspected and entirely legitimate. Perhaps they have them in Reno which is a much larger city.

If you're flush, fly to Amsterdam.

Perhaps you'll have better experiences with women after you have lost your virginity.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:49 PM

1,593 posts, read 778,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

Perhaps you'll have better experiences with women after you have lost your virginity.

Why would that be the case? Don't see how it would affect anything one way or the other. Having sex doesn't change who you are as a person, particularly if the only reason she's having sex with me is because I'm paying her to.

A prostitute is not going to offer more than her body. I want more than that. I want emotional involvement. I want to be attracted to her and for her to be attracted to me, not to the paycheck she has coming.

Hopefully that makes me less of an in-cel and more of an in-sing. Involuntarily single.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:55 PM

17,860 posts, read 9,297,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The new thing I've heard that's percolated up from the depths of the internet is that incels are upset that women are talking about #metoo and inappropriate sexual attention, and they believe that until women pay attention to them, that women can't complain. Poor men would love that kind of sexual attention (because rape is so flattering. )
In the Law & Order episode, an incel was trying to explain to the detectives that there is no such thing as rape. Disturbing stuff.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:05 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,480,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know; does it work for incels who constantly try to shame other men into joining them? Calling them betas, emotional tampons, telling them they are the unattractive 80%, they take the blue pill and allow themselves to be the fallback "stable provider" the woman is "not sexually attracted to" and so on? What do you mean by "work"? This is a small subset and always will be, no matter who shames whom.
I don't know.

It's like me shaming someone at a bar who I know has a drinking problem. Or yelling at an obese person for eating a Twinkie.

It won't solve anything.

Incel types have an emotional wound, we can offer to help, we can point out where they might be wrong in their thinking but in a way consistent with treating someone suffering from a mental illness or depression. But shame, it won't work.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I don't know.

It's like me shaming someone at a bar who I know has a drinking problem. Or yelling at an obese person for eating a Twinkie.

It won't solve anything.

Incel types have an emotional wound, we can offer to help, we can point out where they might be wrong in their thinking but in a way consistent with treating someone suffering from a mental illness or depression. But shame, it won't work.
No we can't, because we're not psychiatrists, and because no matter how nice we are, they will turn that around, and do. Incels are a culture of blame. Being kind and understanding doesn't do a thing and in fact may inflame such a person further. This is like saying if only the Jews had been kinder to the Nazis and tried to understand Nazi pain and fear, nobody would have wound up dead. And no, that's not an exaggeration; "joking" about raping, killing, etc. women is very common among this community, apparently. So is, every once in a while, actually raping or killing women, or whole groups of whomever is available.

REALITY is all we can "give" these nutters, if anything at all. The perceptions are warped. Full stop. Think that's shaming talk? Tough, and by the way, don't think you're exempt. They want to kill Chads, too, and a Chad is who THEY think he is. Maybe you. Maybe someone you love. Think sweet kind understanding is going to help when you're the one being tortured to death because you must be a Chad, since sometimes you "get" sex? Or when one day your grown male son is being shot to death for having gotten laid at least once?

Sorry. NO softness here. It's a slap in the face of reality or else just being soft and nice which will only make such a person hate me *more* because now I'm just a manipulative woman...Or for you, because you're weak. Hearing these beliefs are WRONG is the only option...barring psychiatry, which none of us can force another person to pursue.

By the way, Rodger had been on psych drugs *from the age of 8* but still managed to blame his sick plan on women refusing him sex. (What, since the third grade???) Still think kindness and understanding will fix this?

Last edited by JerZ; 10-13-2018 at 02:30 PM..

Old 10-13-2018, 02:30 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,973,754 times
Well for one thing it would remove the label of involuntarily celibate.

For a second thing it might teach them to respect a woman even if she is being paid.

The incel movement seems to have a mental block about paying a woman. But it seems as if they view sex as a transaction. They get mad if they spent money on dates and didn't get sex. So their whole world view is distorted. If you want a woman you have to pay one way or the other. But if she goes out with you, you have to treat her well, not as a means to an end. And if a woman wants a man she's got to do the same. All of life is transactional in some way. You have to give something to get something. If you don't think that's true, stop holding up your end of any relationship, work, school, romantic, friendship, family, etc., and see what happens. But in addition there has to be mutual respect, affection and desire for a romantic relationship to work well for both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
Why would that be the case? Don't see how it would affect anything one way or the other. Having sex doesn't change who you are as a person, particularly if the only reason she's having sex with me is because I'm paying her to.

A prostitute is not going to offer more than her body. I want more than that. I want emotional involvement. I want to be attracted to her and for her to be attracted to me, not to the paycheck she has coming.

Hopefully that makes me less of an in-cel and more of an in-sing. Involuntarily single.

Last edited by bobspez; 10-13-2018 at 03:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.