Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2023, 09:56 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times

Advertisements

Thank You all for your replies. I truly apricate it. it's a tricky situation. She is a very close friend to me. We have been friends since we were 13 years old. I knew her parents, she knew my family. We went to grade school and HS together. We moved to The USA about the same time. We have been thru a lot. Just different lifestyles overall. Her and her husband always had money and they never had financial problems which is why she never had to work. I think that hurt her, as well as isolated her and she never learned how to deal with the public. But I however still hopeful she finds the right place. She has more interviews lined up so we will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2023, 07:45 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I have a best friend and we have known each other pretty much our whole life. She is 41 years old and was married for 12 years and divorced her husband a couple of years ago. During her marriage she never really worked a regular job. He made enough money to support her and their 2 kids.
When they divorced, she was forced to get an education and a job. She managed to graduate trade school and after a couple of tries finding the right program for her, and was receiving job offers shortly after.
She is smart, friendly and a popular friend. But I am concerned for her. She is unable to keep a job and I don't know why. She has been hired and let go several times since she started her career. According to her, it's her coworkers that are rude jerks and they all talk about her behind her back. I have tried to tell her to stop assuming the worst. Maybe it's not what she thinks. Maybe she is showing her attitude on her face and that put people off.
I have brought this up and she swear up and down it's no her, it's them. But how can it not be her at this point. My friend is pretty shy when you first meat her and doesn't talk a whole lot. One of the things she always complains about is how nosy her new coworkers are and ask personal questions she don't want to talk about. I find it so odd. As a friend she is great fun and I just don't understand what the problem is.
How can I help her? Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe I don't see the obvious because of our background. Thanks.
Is there anyway that she can work from home? I think she would do better in that type of environment.

I'm thinking that she could also have dependent personality disorder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology