Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 12:20 PM

15,591 posts, read 40,488,511 times

Advertisements

I'll also add

Floor plans
Texting services
1-800 numbers
presale home inspections
property websites/brochures
There are specific websites for farms, horse properties, historic homes, luxury, etc.

So a marketing plan is looking at what you are actually trying to sell and creating advertising for that specific product. Clearly you wouldn't put a subdivision home in Lands of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 12:42 PM

10,973 posts, read 22,012,700 times
Claiming on ZTR, Single page sites, showing suite setup, interior brochures, MLS to add a few more.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:24 PM

17,717 posts, read 29,882,242 times
Personally, as a not in the real estate business person, I think every property should have its own website with tons of data.
Now, admittedly, I am not one of those hip Millenials, so what do I know?

Old 04-17-2015, 06:40 PM

43,361 posts, read 77,261,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Personally, as a not in the real estate business person, I think every property should have its own website with tons of data.
I do a single property site for every listing, but it is heavy on photos.
The data is readily available.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:40 PM

502 posts, read 897,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I do a single property site for every listing, but it is heavy on photos.
The data is readily available.
I do this as well along with professional photos and a floor plan. I've also sent "just listed" cards to the neighborhood. I did have a rider with the webpage on it made for one house because the house was down a long drive.

Thanks again for all the info!

Old 04-17-2015, 08:24 PM

86 posts, read 153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
The firm I affiliate with does individual websites for all listings... to much info though on the site would reduce the chances of them calling or emailing to ask a question. We like it when they call or email us.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxer View Post
The firm I affiliate with does individual websites for all listings... to much info though on the site would reduce the chances of them calling or emailing to ask a question. We like it when they call or email us.
I would never let a firm do a site for my listings. It takes minutes to do and I own the product and the outcome.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:58 PM

86 posts, read 153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I would never let a firm do a site for my listings. It takes minutes to do and I own the product and the outcome.
I do not see how it makes a difference who pays for and makes it. Being a new agent, I will take any freebies I can get.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxer View Post
I do not see how it makes a difference who pays for and makes it. Being a new agent, I will take any freebies I can get.
Never put any effort into using the firm's phone number, email service, website, etc. That effort should be in building a foundation for YOU. You generated the listing client. You should "own" the listing client relationship.
"Free" is too often the biggest obstacle to "Freedom."

I can do a very nice site for $10.99 including 1 year of domain registration and photo tour. That is branded for ME and on MY site. If I leave my firm, which is highly unlikely since it IS MY firm, I take that product with me and all credit for that product with me.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:36 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,154,453 times
Mike, when you purchase that domain, let's say www.123HokieLane.info, do you just have it go to the detail page for that home on the website you already maintain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals