Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 04:20 AM

43,389 posts, read 77,310,025 times

Advertisements

Like, On The Move, or similar?
Galleries

Any input, positive or negative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 07:14 AM

11,842 posts, read 34,487,830 times
I always thought the juxtaposition of use a professional but move as a Do It Yourself was amusing?

Old 10-01-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I always thought the juxtaposition of use a professional but move as a Do It Yourself was amusing?
LOL
OK, gotta give you that one.
I read that on the phone at a stop light and giggled all the way to the office.

But, seriously, for people decluttering, picking up that washer and dryer Mom and Dad have kept in the basement for them, or just an apartment move-out for first-time buyers...
And, the rolling billboard aspect.

It has me wondering.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:42 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,846,966 times
I know a couple of agents who have the trucks, but don't actually allow clients to use them. Insurance and liability was threw the rough if the client got in an accident or possessions damaged. They have the trucks to advertise and pay people to drive around town in them, but then they will pay for the person to obtain a U-Haul or other comparable truck.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
I know a couple of agents who have the trucks, but don't actually allow clients to use them. Insurance and liability was threw the rough if the client got in an accident or possessions damaged. They have the trucks to advertise and pay people to drive around town in them, but then they will pay for the person to obtain a U-Haul or other comparable truck.
Yeah. The truck is the easy part. The insurance/liability issue is the stickler.

Interesting. Drive a fancy-schmancy truck and send clients off to use a UHaul.

I talked to one outfit yesterday, and he hasn't returned a package.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:40 AM

19,456 posts, read 27,925,506 times
Mike, I'll share my POV as a consumer/potential client. And it's a topic that my husband and i have actually discussed a couple of times while sitting at stoplights.

We both love the rolling billboard - especially DH if the women on the truck are attractive (as they nearly always are). And he remembered it, and suggested I contact her when we were listing our house in AZ. Note that we were moving cross country, so the use of the truck itself was irrelevant. But the advertising worked in that DH remembered the pretty girl with the big truck advertising in a way he thought was clever and different.

I wish I could say if a guy's face on the truck would have been so memorable.

I did call her, but it took her three days to call me back (and no, it was not a holiday OR a weekend). That delay, with no valid reason that was mentioned to me, pushed her to the bottom of the list.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:33 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,067,727 times
I can't remember the last time I had a client who moved themselves. The liability/insurance reasons are enough to scare me away from doing this. I wonder what the costs would be for having a rolling billboard truck drive around town on a regular basis though. Hmmmm . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I did call her, but it took her three days to call me back (and no, it was not a holiday OR a weekend). That delay, with no valid reason that was mentioned to me, pushed her to the bottom of the list.
She was probably busy driving around in her truck.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Mike, I'll share my POV as a consumer/potential client. And it's a topic that my husband and i have actually discussed a couple of times while sitting at stoplights.

We both love the rolling billboard - especially DH if the women on the truck are attractive (as they nearly always are). And he remembered it, and suggested I contact her when we were listing our house in AZ. Note that we were moving cross country, so the use of the truck itself was irrelevant. But the advertising worked in that DH remembered the pretty girl with the big truck advertising in a way he thought was clever and different.

I wish I could say if a guy's face on the truck would have been so memorable.

I think Heart Throb could have a problem if I started vetting models and starlets for the side panel wraps of my truck.

I may just have to have a couple of procedures done....

Old 10-01-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I can't remember the last time I had a client who moved themselves. The liability/insurance reasons are enough to scare me away from doing this. I wonder what the costs would be for having a rolling billboard truck drive around town on a regular basis though. Hmmmm . . .

She was probably busy driving around in her truck.

Liabilities and Insurance are interesting topics. Much more interesting than the truck.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:54 AM

11,842 posts, read 34,487,830 times
Go back to your last 10 clients - ask them what would you have thought if....
Then talk to your "not ready yets" and ask them if having a moving truck would be beneficial to them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals