Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 04:37 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,086,413 times

Advertisements

Guess that’s why it’s good to have these conversations…

Hubby and I are up to our ears in continuing ed and zoom meetings about all these changes in agency law that are about to take effect because of these lawsuits.

There’s gonna have to be a lot of conversations to clarify these new rules! Not even sure they are even settled yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2023, 04:39 PM

43,269 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Guess that’s why it’s good to have these conversations…

Hubby and I are up to our ears in continuing ed and zoom meetings about all these changes in agency law that are about to take effect because of these lawsuits.

There’s gonna have to be a lot of conversations to clarify these new rules! Not even sure they are even settled yet.
There WILL be appeals. And the landscape will evolve routinely while people feel their way through things.

Old 12-27-2023, 10:22 PM

5,970 posts, read 3,711,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Obviously, my post was a direct response to Diana's post.
I even quoted her in my response to her. And I even quoted her again just for you.

You follow neither threads nor agency topics well. That leads to your confusion.
Obviously, you are confused... which is not unusual. You were not only responding to me, but you also even put my name as the first word in your post to make it clear who you were responding to.

Please try to keep up with what you said to whom. If all else fails, go back and read your post. I even included your post in my post so that you wouldn't have to look it up. Here's a hint: My post was #47.

Old 12-28-2023, 02:51 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,724,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
In most states, they do as a brokerage or agent cannot advertise or market another brokerages listings as their own. In SC, an agent from Broker B cannot host an open house at the listing of Broker A.

If that was the case at the listing in question it would have had to be from the same brokerage or it would be a violation. However, the friend still should have asked questions if they had concerns or refused to accept the offer if they didn't like their net. Assuming is bad, but this probably didn't become an issue until someone like John put the thought in her head that she got ripped off and she was gullible enough to believe it.
I put no thought in anybody's head. I knew nothing about the transaction until it was well over. Not that it maters but my friend was a CPA and could "read/understand" numbers real fast.

Old 12-28-2023, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Obviously, you are confused... which is not unusual. You were not only responding to me, but you also even put my name as the first word in your post to make it clear who you were responding to.

Please try to keep up with what you said to whom. If all else fails, go back and read your post. I even included your post in my post so that you wouldn't have to look it up. Here's a hint: My post was #47.
Okey-dokey, Chas.
Okey-dokey.

Old 12-28-2023, 07:13 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I have told this story before but it bears retelling. A friend listed his house ($650K) with an agent who lived in the same complex and sold a lot of homes in the complex. She said 6% commission but if she was both the selling agent and the buyers agent it would be 4%.

They had a open house planned and the agent said she could not make it. They could either reschedule or she would have somebody from her office cover it. He said fine let someone cover it.

Some of you can see were this is going. Well somebody came through the open house and ended up making an offer. Well the person holding the open house claimed she was the buyers agent so my friend paid 6%. He feels his listing agent tricked him. I do not know about tricked, but she did not explain the issue upfront.
Your friend needs to "read" the contract before he signed it. He is upset over $13,000 in extra commission which I understand but he needed to tell his agent his concern BEFORE signing the contract to sell.

Agent: Hey great news we got a contract for 650K

Seller: Ok so before I sign it what are we going to do about the commission?

Agent: Well what do you mean?

Seller: Because you didn't attend the planned open house I have to give away $13,000! So what are you going to do to make up the 13K for me?

Agent: Nothing

Seller: Ok then go find me another buyer as I'm not taking this deal. I don't want to force my buddy JohnGolf to post more on City Data about this deal anymore!

Old 12-28-2023, 10:42 AM

6,815 posts, read 11,534,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Okey-dokey, Chas.
Okey-dokey.
Hey, leave me out of this!

Old 12-28-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Hey, leave me out of this!
LOLOL
Okey - Dokey, Okey Dokie!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals