Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 415 times

Advertisements

I have a house that I was going to sell, agent has been nice, showing me property that I wanted to see. Then she kept sending me emails on a house I was interested in, but then declined. I let it pass didn’t want to get upset. Then I found a house in another state I wanted, and talked to the agent in that state about it. I did call my agent and told her about it, and was really interested in it. She asked me the agents name and I told her. And told her that I have a call from the other agent the next day and I would informed her or do a three way calling so she could listen in. I didn’t give her permission to call the agent Then she turned around and call the agent in another state, and told them that she was my agent, and other things. I have been told that an agent cannot contact another agent when there is a signed contact in effect. Now since I can’t trust her, how do I get the contact cancelled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 10:03 AM

6,496 posts, read 10,393,142 times
I would reach out to the broker of the agent that you are upset with to discuss the issue. If you don't get a satisfactory result, you can have your new realtor reach out to their local MLS.

Old 04-14-2024, 11:22 AM

15,597 posts, read 40,497,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita2011 View Post
I have a house that I was going to sell, agent has been nice, showing me property that I wanted to see. Then she kept sending me emails on a house I was interested in, but then declined. I let it pass didn’t want to get upset. Then I found a house in another state I wanted, and talked to the agent in that state about it. I did call my agent and told her about it, and was really interested in it. She asked me the agents name and I told her. And told her that I have a call from the other agent the next day and I would informed her or do a three way calling so she could listen in. I didn’t give her permission to call the agent Then she turned around and call the agent in another state, and told them that she was my agent, and other things. I have been told that an agent cannot contact another agent when there is a signed contact in effect. Now since I can’t trust her, how do I get the contact cancelled.
Is she licensed in that other state?

Old 04-14-2024, 01:47 PM

11,839 posts, read 34,478,047 times
I think the first agent is interested in a referral fee from the second agent.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:31 AM

1,500 posts, read 805,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Bingo!

Old 04-16-2024, 08:00 AM

43,372 posts, read 77,271,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Exactly.

OP should confirm that with the 2nd agent, and might tell the agent, "That is between you and her. If you think she was the one who fixed me up with you, you should consider paying her. If you think I contacted you directly without a vetted referral, you make the decision.
All I want is good service and support."

Old 04-16-2024, 05:27 PM

23,398 posts, read 19,018,776 times
Hmm, never knew there was a code of conduct for chemicals. Learn something new every day!

According to Webster's: reagent: Noun. A substance or mixture for use in chemical analysis or other reactions.

So sorry OP, couldn't resist!

Old 04-17-2024, 04:59 PM

8,577 posts, read 12,448,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Hmm, never knew there was a code of conduct for chemicals. Learn something new every day!

According to Webster's: reagent: Noun. A substance or mixture for use in chemical analysis or other reactions.

Ha! I thought of that, too...but quickly realized what was meant.

Old 04-18-2024, 08:30 AM

4,603 posts, read 2,736,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post

Reagents shall remain quietly in their containers until called upon.
Reagents shall not degrade more quickly than the standard rate.
Reagents shall conform to the analysis printed on their container.

Old 04-19-2024, 04:59 PM

23,398 posts, read 19,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
reagents shall remain quietly in their containers until called upon.
Reagents shall not degrade more quickly than the standard rate.
Reagents shall conform to the analysis printed on their container.
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals