Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 10,902 times

Advertisements

I'm spoiled by my office: we pay only $395 out of every transaction (which we are free to pass onto as little or as much as we want to to our client) and $65 e&o. We have absolutely no other fees. I've been selling for 15 years and was at KW before I found my current office. Anyway, I'm going to have to be moving to the Dallas area--surely there is something like this down there? Heck, if not--maybe I should open one! Ours isn't the biggest in the county, but with 4 offices in our metro, and 300 agents in my office alone--It doing pretty darn well. Does anyone know if someone is running this model? I can't afford to going back to paying 30%+ I use that money to pay for marking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 08:46 AM

10,967 posts, read 21,998,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caycee Bloom View Post
I'm spoiled by my office: we pay only $395 out of every transaction (which we are free to pass onto as little or as much as we want to to our client) and $65 e&o. We have absolutely no other fees....
Ughh, another example that it's not one size fits all. With my number of transactions that would cost me much more than some other options.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:14 AM

There is another one here in town where you pay $795 per transaction and there is a cap of 12. I guess my point is, to me Keller Williams (and others with a percentage split) sounds crazy expensive! I left there and couldn't afford to go back.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:42 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,823,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caycee Bloom View Post
I'm going to have to be moving to the Dallas area--surely there is something like this down there?
Where are you moving from? To say "down there" and still be in Texas, most all the Dallas brokers cover up to the OK border. If you're not in Texas, you have to take all your classes again as Texas doesn't reciprocate with any states, and once you're in classes, you'll see all the different brokerage choices as they'll be getting in touch with you and stalking your classes looking for recruits. There are hundreds of pay models in the area and it will all depend on how much support you want/need coming into a new state/area and not knowing the ins and outs of how things are different.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:00 AM

I'm moving from Kansas. I don't need much support. I'm the daughter of a very successful agent and granddaughter of a 30 year broker and have been successful here for 15 years myself. I can quickly establish myself (with any luck) and start learning the areas. It might take me a couple of years but I deffinetly don't require hand holding. I'm not happy about moving but my husband's job is requiring the move. I would like to start taking the online classes and start speaking with brokers so I can find somewhere to place my license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals