Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 04:39 PM

50,377 posts, read 63,993,273 times

Advertisements

The best balsamic vinaigrette ever had…

https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/wprm_print/20523
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2023, 05:09 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,074,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
Gently smash 3-6 garlic cloves and cover with a teaspoon of salt. Add about a third of a cup of olive oil (I use light tasting olive oil because I find the other too strong). Add a teaspoon of dijon mustard (great emulsifier) and some red wine vinegar. I'm sorry I don't know the exact amount but it's usually about half the oil amount. Give it a good shake and serve immediately. It keeps in the fridge for a couple of weeks but it's better if you get rid of the garlic pieces or it will just get more and more garlicky.

For some weird reason, I find the best red wine vinegar is the cheap and generic kind, lol. I've tried it with more expensive ones but it's not the same.

I've been wanting to make this one ^^^^^^^^^^

I'm currently using just lemon and avocado oil.

Old 01-24-2023, 07:12 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I've been wanting to make this one ^^^^^^^^^^

I'm currently using just lemon and avocado oil.
I usually use lemon juice and olive oil. I add some salt, pepper, garlic, and a bit of mustard to the lemon juice. Once I whisk or shake with oil, I strain out the garlic.

Old 01-26-2023, 12:07 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

The problem with using olive oil in vinaigrettes in general is that olive oil congeals when refrigerated. That requires you to pull the dressing out of the refrigerator 15-20 minutes prior to serving. One way around this is to replace some of the olive oil with another oil like soybean or corn oil.

Old 01-26-2023, 03:46 AM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

That's my go-to recipe except I use maple syrup instead of honey and omit the garlic.

I take it out of the frig when I begin prepping for dinner and it's liquified by the time I'm ready to toss the salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes