Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:49 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,216,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh my Amber---"YOUR" 40th BD?? You are making me feel old girl!! It is Amber's DH's 40th BD!! Ha! You had me worried for a second there.
Good to see you got your computer up and going again!!
She was just seeing if you were on your toes today cyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 01:21 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,154,912 times
Ha Mom! BIG MAJOR!! TYPO!!!!My next milestone is the BIG 3 OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! hahaha

Old 05-28-2009, 02:13 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,877,392 times
Even made me feel old!!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:12 PM

4 posts, read 6,882 times
My goodness, its so yummy!!!!!!!!!!
Wish I was there while you baked this one!
I will tell my mom to get this one baked for me this weekend...lol!
Thanks a lot for sharing...yummy pic.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,216,731 times
We made the cake today it turned out great! Baked it in 2~8" round cake pans then split those both in halves. The filling was not quite as thick in depth as the pic amber posted but it was more than enough for us.

My caution to my recipe card says "be sure to make when company is coming over or to take to a carry in". To sweet to eat the whole thing and to dangerous to leave around here just in case I decide to try to eat the whole thing.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:15 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,464,467 times
Wow! This cake looks so yummy I just have to make on for hubby and me. Half for us and take the other half to work to share.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:30 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,464,467 times
I made this cake for my birthday (yes, I had to bake my own cake...lol) and it was absolutely delicious! Thanks so much to the OP for posting the receipe!

Old 07-07-2009, 05:17 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,942,337 times
DANG! I did NOT need to open this thread. I LOOOOOVE Ding Dongs. I always put them in the fridge cause I like them cold. Gonna have to make this one. I also noticed the cake in the pic was round and the recipe said a 9x13. I figured just do whatever I feel like as I'm not the type that goes by what a recipe says all the time anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
So sorry for the late reply!! My computer was on the fritz so bad I couldn't even log on the internet
Yes crisco is in the can. Although I see Lacey covered that Thank you Lacey As for the pan I think it is prefrence. The recipe was sent to me by a girlfriend. Me, being on a diet have not tried it yet.. I plan to make this for my 40th bday next month. I am going to use rounds but I never follow directions to a tee ha ha! Ohhh I think I should look for a twinkie cake recipe mmmm.. My son would love that! Hopefully anyone who tries this Ding Dong cake likes it...
I've seen a Twinkie cake. Paula Deen had someone on her show one time that made one. The filling they used is the same icing I use for my homemade Red Velvet Cake. It does require Crisco as well and is YUMMY!!!! It is one where you make a thick "sauce" of milk and flour over the stove and then cool and then add crisco and vanilla and something else. I'll dig out the recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post

Notice there is a FUDGE layer... hmmmmmmm?????? LOL.... how about that???? hahah just to throw a kink into the works.... hahah Not that I am a baker at all... but can you figure that one out?

Just pull out some of the white filling into a seperate bowl and add some cocoa to it. Then you will have a chocolate filling layer. Like we all can use some MORE chocolate

Looks like she made extra of the white filling and used it on the outside of the cake then made the icing extra thick w/ the powdered sugar so that it would harden real fast on the sides as she poured it. Much like the pic in the first post where the icing is hard looking.

Same icing I use on a Chocolate Sheet Cake and for chocolate frosting on donuts when we make them except I don't even use the butter. Oh, I also use that same one on brownies. Fix brownies and bring them out of the oven and put marshmallows or marshmallow creme on top. Spread marshmallow as it melts and then pour the icing over the marshmallow. YUM!!!

Okay kids, cake for dinner

Old 07-09-2009, 02:53 PM

622 posts, read 1,726,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post

Man, I could have licked the screen on that one.

ROFL

But seriously...Wow. Have fork will travel.

You think chocolate ganache as the icing would be a little too over the top?

Last edited by Minathebrat; 07-09-2009 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: sp sp sps ..see?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:04 PM

7 posts, read 4,976 times
The filling on this is the same as for the frosting on red cake. Yummy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes