Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:32 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,990,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Why would I let a few idiots make me leave my home? It's going to change because Christians are either going have to start living their faith, learn to actually have manners about it or just get used to the idea that they aren't the only ones on the planet.

But in the mean time, it can't be shoved under the rug that there are this sort of person around and they are teaching their children it as well.

It is what it is. I guess that's the culture here.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
If they don't think there is, they have every right to say that as another child has to say there is.

Giving an opinion is much different then threatening someone who doesn't hold the same beliefs.

Shame some Christians don't quite get the difference and prefer kids to be threatened.

Parents need to talk to their children and let them know other children may say things to them that differ than what they are taught at home. I've had this conversation numerous times per week with my kids when they were younger. It was exhausting but I had to combat everything other kids were saying to mine.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 PM

191 posts, read 237,353 times
Quote:
Actually, when my daughter heard it, it was because she didn't go to the same BAPTIST church as the other child....nothing more...just not the same darn church.

Kids picking on other kids is nothing new...but being taught by their parents to damn others to hell for not going to the same church is certainly something I've never encountered before outside of the bible belt.
I don't agree with their technique but did you ever stop to think that these people do what they do because they care about you? They actually believe that you are going to hell.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
For the many looking to see how culturally progressive a city is, one indicator is whether or not a city bans anti-gay discrimination and has domestic partnership rights. Chapel Hill and Durham has both. Raleigh bans anti-gay discrimination in city employment. Charlotte does not have any gay-friendly laws.
There you have it, so the Raleigh area would be a better choice for liberal folks. So NC has something for everyone, what more can you ask for?

Old 05-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
There you have it, so the Raleigh area would be a better choice for liberal folks. So NC has something for everyone, what more can you ask for?
I agree with you but some folks just won't be happy until everyone agrees with them.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacht View Post
I agree with you but some folks just won't be happy until everyone agrees with them.
Yep back to the tolerance issue again.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Yep back to the tolerance issue again.
My comment cuts both ways. Conservatives and liberals can be equally intolerant.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacht View Post
My comment cuts both ways. Conservatives and liberals can be equally intolerant.
I know it!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM

8,113 posts, read 10,721,786 times
My mother lives in Ft. Mill South Carolina just over the line from Charlotte North Carolina - right near the old Jim and Tammy Faye Baker Complex (that property is now being developed into condos, but the legacy remains!). I myself lived just 40 minutes outside of Charlotte for 10 years, and during the 2004 Presidential campaigns, my Kerry/Edwards signs were stolen from my lawn several times! I think I was one of maybe oh, 3 Democratic voters in all of Cleveland County. If that's what you mean by conservative, Charlotte's your place! However, the government of Charlotte is NOT so conservative in their spending ways (they went ahead and built a multi-million dollar sports arena for a losing basketball team that the voters said they didn't want), and they have rolled out the red carpet (along with easily obtainable driver's licenses) to illegal immigrants, and that has caused a huge problem. Also, they keep raising the sales tax and saying it's "only temporary", which it never is, but other than that...

Old 05-02-2007, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
My mother lives in Ft. Mill South Carolina just over the line from Charlotte North Carolina - right near the old Jim and Tammy Faye Baker Complex (that property is now being developed into condos, but the legacy remains!). I myself lived just 40 minutes outside of Charlotte for 10 years, and during the 2004 Presidential campaigns, my Kerry/Edwards signs were stolen from my lawn several times! I think I was one of maybe oh, 3 Democratic voters in all of Cleveland County. If that's what you mean by conservative, Charlotte's your place! However, the government of Charlotte is NOT so conservative in their spending ways (they went ahead and built a multi-million dollar sports arena for a losing basketball team that the voters said they didn't want), and they have rolled out the red carpet (along with easily obtainable driver's licenses) to illegal immigrants, and that has caused a huge problem. Also, they keep raising the sales tax and saying it's "only temporary", which it never is, but other than that...

That was me stealing it, why did you keep putting it back up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality