Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 03:40 PM

85 posts, read 134,045 times
Have you seen how expensive apts and house rentals have become in the Reno area? I bet three bedroom houses are at least ,$2200.00/mo. Right now. It misewell be California. No, it is likely still cheaper in Shasta County, CA

And drug dealers bike around all night in or near downtown ready to deal out drugs! It's less safe appearing than several cities I have checked out in recent years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 03:55 PM

932 posts, read 2,349,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable8484 View Post
It misewell be California.
Please define "misewell" so we can better understand your post.

Old 09-26-2021, 11:07 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,762,739 times
Quote:
Have you seen how expensive apts and house rentals have become in the Reno area? I bet three bedroom houses are at least ,$2200.00/mo. Right now. It misewell be California. No, it is likely still cheaper in Shasta County, CA

And drug dealers bike around all night in or near downtown ready to deal out drugs! It's less safe appearing than several cities I have checked out in recent years!
Another complaint? And you plan to move here? You just said in another post you're moving here...

You speak from two sides of your mouth...

Quote:
I am now planning to move into Reno from Carson by late Jan to take a couple of extra classes.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:46 AM

14 posts, read 13,625 times
I want to thank the Reno residents who posted on this thread and the Reno-Sparks forum more generally for the information provided to people like me thinking of relocating to the Reno-Sparks area. I first visited Reno in May 2021, and since then have purchased a home and will be moving there permanently within a month. Although I have been living on the East Coast for more than 2 decades, I'm a native Californian and decided to move to Nevada after retiring partly because it borders California but doesn't have an income tax. Having visited Reno several times since last May, I have found Reno to be attractive for other reasons, including beautiful scenery (the mountains and the Truckee River), a dry climate (if you grow up in California, it is hard to get used to humidity), and greater diversity of views compared with the community where I have been living. Despite the influx of Californians and people from other states, there is still a streak of old fashioned libertarianism (as in, just leave me alone) that I find appealing. I also didn't want to join the hordes of people moving to Florida, Tennessee and Boise. I look forward to being a permanent resident of Nevada.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:13 PM

19,225 posts, read 16,733,202 times
I agree with the previous post about the helpfulness from residents here. It's nice to read all the comments and get to know the area. I haven't been to Reno in years but I have a niece who is planning on moving to the area so I pass along the little nuggets of information I read here. Thanks to everyone who contributes

Old 04-25-2022, 12:26 PM

35 posts, read 39,443 times
How bad is The Villager Studio Apartments at
1500 Valley Rd? Anyone familiar with the area? I'm in Vegas looking to escape. Vegas has turned to hell the past several years.

Old 04-25-2022, 03:29 PM

5,589 posts, read 5,033,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devushka View Post
I want to thank the Reno residents who posted on this thread and the Reno-Sparks forum more generally for the information provided to people like me thinking of relocating to the Reno-Sparks area. I first visited Reno in May 2021, and since then have purchased a home and will be moving there permanently within a month. Although I have been living on the East Coast for more than 2 decades, I'm a native Californian and decided to move to Nevada after retiring partly because it borders California but doesn't have an income tax. Having visited Reno several times since last May, I have found Reno to be attractive for other reasons, including beautiful scenery (the mountains and the Truckee River), a dry climate (if you grow up in California, it is hard to get used to humidity), and greater diversity of views compared with the community where I have been living. Despite the influx of Californians and people from other states, there is still a streak of old fashioned libertarianism (as in, just leave me alone) that I find appealing. I also didn't want to join the hordes of people moving to Florida, Tennessee and Boise. I look forward to being a permanent resident of Nevada.
Yes no state income tax is a must. But somehow they must make up for it in other ways. In the State of Nevada I don't know how they make up for that. ???
Oddly enough the property taxes don't appear to be out of line like alot of other states. "Leave me alone" I find that very appealing.

Old 06-14-2022, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,884 times
Default Thank you for forgetting about us!

Virginia Foothills. South Reno off Geiger Grade, minimum 1/2 acre lots, and the only crime when is when the guy down the street wears bright patterned pajama bottoms to go for walks.

Old 06-26-2022, 02:49 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,668,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
Please define "misewell" so we can better understand your post.
Perhaps the poster was trying to say “might as well.”

Old 06-26-2022, 03:03 PM

932 posts, read 2,349,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacreole View Post
Perhaps the poster was trying to say “might as well.”
Perhaps. And perhaps he should have written "might as well."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area