Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 09:04 PM

29 posts, read 126,552 times

Advertisements

This question may have already been asked, but I am looking for current information. I'm considering a relocation to the Reno - Sparks area. How's the dating scene ? I know some of you will say that it's difficult - like everywhere else. I agree. But I am looking for some opinions and insights. I'm a native of New York City. I currently reside in Albuquerque, New Mexico. 41 years old. (I look 25 yrs old) Self employed professional. My skills and education allow me to relocate to most places and be able to have a functioning business. I was thinking specifically of a smaller city such as Reno. I'm not a player. Not into the bar scene. I am more interested in meeting women of quality who are down-to-earth. Thank you for your opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 06:39 PM

15 posts, read 49,702 times
Reno is a mid sized city of about 420,000 people in the metro, so it's a big metro. Lots to offer, enjoy it

Old 05-27-2009, 04:14 PM

148 posts, read 545,447 times
mod cut: Here's the deal with singles in Reno. Half the folks aren't from here, and most of them are from California. They can be a bit flakey and they're more into partying than raising families. But it depends on what you want. If you want to sleep around, Reno's your place. If you want a wife and kids, you might have better luck in Nebraska or Iowa or Utah or even the state of Washington. About four years ago, there were hardly any young, single women here, but then all the sudden they just migrated here like crazy, and many who were raised in Reno returned to Reno.

Reno just doesn't have the economy for 30-something yuppies like SF or NYC. Which is good and bad. It means you're stuck with 20-something flakes, but I think they're less into their careers and less busy than 30-something yuppies. And of course, if you "accidentally" get them pregnant, they may agree to marry you. I mostly do the bar scene, so I'm a bit biased. Maybe if you go to church you'll get hooked up.

Last edited by scirocco22; 05-29-2009 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: belitting

Old 06-24-2010, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,806 times
I am interested in the Fernely area. Is there a major hospital nearby? I am employed in the health field. Does anyone know what the employment in that field looks like?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:36 AM

31 posts, read 78,106 times
No hospital in Fernley, but it's only a short 30 mile/minute commute to Reno. There is also a small hospital in Fallon, 30 miles the other way. I'm not in that field, but my job seach engines constantly return open medical positions. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area