Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman View Post
I recently moved in the back cabin behind my landlord/landlady house. He is out of town, and made a deal about my neighbors kids coming over to see me. I short, since he is out of town, she had a blow out with me over the neighbor's being here, so it went from the kids not being allowed here, to the neighbors not being allowed here, and at this point none of my friends are allowed here. I know I have a right to have visitors as a renter, but the problem is, is anyone has to go through their driveway and by their house, so they have the right of way. Because of this, I'm guessing that legally, she can keep me from having visitors. I feel bad because I was threatened to get kicked out if I didn't tell them, so now I am contacting my friends and telling them they can't come over. My girlfriend's friends can still visit, but not mine. I'm guessing she can legally do this because of the driveway right of way. Can anyone give me any input on this, and maybe some way I can change it W/O causing too many problems? Thanks
down here in tx a apartment manager is refusing my mother to have my brothers her . she even run a background check on them even tho they didn't live there . w/o cause banning them visits , where my brother has poa on mom because she has alz and demeita , where we have care giver living with her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 03:07 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
This is an old thread Please Start another thread Need more information than you are giving.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,944 times
Question, I live in west Virginia and I own my mobile home, but rent the lot it's on. The lot owner told me my brother could live with me only my husband could...but I own this damn trailer can he do that

Old 03-29-2016, 08:10 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvchic4u View Post
Question, I live in west Virginia and I own my mobile home, but rent the lot it's on. The lot owner told me my brother could live with me only my husband could...but I own this damn trailer can he do that
Yes he can. Read your lease. Most trailer parks or communities limit how many people can live in a home. Usually for a 2 bedroom it's 3 people, and they may have to pass a background check if the community requires it. He can't just tell you what to do, if your town allows 3 people to live there he can't discriminate, unless it's a 55 and over place and can only allow older people.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,274 times
My sister lives in an apt in her LL house. The back of the house. A year ago I got into a verbal disagreement with the LL over my sister Internet & cable not working. My sister is a teacher and needs use the Internet for her school papers. The LL son was kind, geaceous, and helpful enough to get the cable and Internet working. The cable is included in her rent. The LL (his mother) got jealous and bent out if shape that her 28 yr old son was helping me with this two week long issue...she told me so. But her comment to me also included her feeling I was bothering him with this two week long issue, when he was actually fine with it, I asked him. I told the LL this and that if he had and issue that he was old enough to tell me so. She did not like my answer. She felt I was being disrespectful with this comment and has now banned me from co.in to see my sister at the apt. Can my sisters LL do this to me and to us? Doesn't my sister have rights to see her family under the law? This was a year ago when it happened, when my sister first moved into the apt and it was so minor that it is ridiculous! My sister asked permission if I could visit only a few weeks ago....her LL still said no. PS: (Colette58) I just wanted to let you know that I was helping my sister get her cable & Internet working because I was the only one besides the LL 'a son who are technologically savy enough to communicate with the cable company about the lack of signal, continuous loss of signal and other technological issues my sister was experiencing when she moved in to her apt a year ago. The modem & router was located in LL'a apt also.

Last edited by Colette58; 06-28-2016 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Forgot something

Old 06-28-2016, 04:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,274 times
Your reply is appreciated

Last edited by Colette58; 06-28-2016 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Forgot something

Old 06-28-2016, 05:14 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
This is an old thread Please Start another thread Need more information than you are giving.

Apparently some are not getting this.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:46 PM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colette58 View Post
My sister lives in an apt in her LL house. The back of the house. A year ago I got into a verbal disagreement with the LL over my sister Internet & cable not working. My sister is a teacher and needs use the Internet for her school papers. The LL son was kind, geaceous, and helpful enough to get the cable and Internet working. The cable is included in her rent. The LL (his mother) got jealous and bent out if shape that her 28 yr old son was helping me with this two week long issue...she told me so. But her comment to me also included her feeling I was bothering him with this two week long issue, when he was actually fine with it, I asked him. I told the LL this and that if he had and issue that he was old enough to tell me so. She did not like my answer. She felt I was being disrespectful with this comment and has now banned me from co.in to see my sister at the apt. Can my sisters LL do this to me and to us? Doesn't my sister have rights to see her family under the law? This was a year ago when it happened, when my sister first moved into the apt and it was so minor that it is ridiculous! My sister asked permission if I could visit only a few weeks ago....her LL still said no. PS: (Colette58) I just wanted to let you know that I was helping my sister get her cable & Internet working because I was the only one besides the LL 'a son who are technologically savy enough to communicate with the cable company about the lack of signal, continuous loss of signal and other technological issues my sister was experiencing when she moved in to her apt a year ago. The modem & router was located in LL'a apt also.
Your sister is a TEACHER and isn't "technologically savvy enough to communicate with the cable company"?!!? That's scary.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:44 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,702,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Your sister is a TEACHER and isn't "technologically savvy enough to communicate with the cable company"?!!? That's scary.
Did you not read that the cable/internet is included in the rent so it is not under the tenant's name? The cable company is not going to allow the tenant to call for any service/tech help if it is not in their name. The person on the account has to call or at least someone who the owner has given permission to call so that person is able to verify particular info on the account. At least that is how our cable (as well as all utility) companies work.

However, with that being said, I don't know how the sibling of the OP is/was able to do anything if the modem/router are in the LL's apt and the cable/internet is in the LL's name. So that part makes no sense to me.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 928 times
Can my all ban my daughter from the place that I rent because she is homeless?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting