Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 02:18 PM

192 posts, read 531,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
We should all just ignore hime. He would be unhappy no matter where he lives. He's just a typical "glass is 1/4 full" type of person, although in his case it's 3/4 empty.

Write whoever or whatever you have a beef with a letter. Just don't mail it. A time proven technique.
The smartest thing I’ve read on this thread…Don’t feed the trolls people

Old 06-18-2012, 04:39 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,079,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrion14621 View Post
@ Matt357 quit d---k riding the Rochester forum. You’ve started multiple threads over the past few weeks and done nothing but bash the city. City data is a site meant for constructive dialog/ advice about differnt cities, it’s not a space for you to vent your rants. That’s what I would have said to you if I thought you were for real, but I’m 99.9 % sure you trolling… It’s painfully obvious to anyone who’s been on the internet for over three days ~youfail
Why is it trolling when he has a valid opinion that many agree with? Just because you don't agree with it?

I think he makes many good points. The city is very provincial and lacks any sort of vision
and Rochester is nothing like the 2 or 3 homers on this board portray it as

Yeah, lets do a fast ferry thinking people from a city like Toronto are actually going to visit Rochester

The best thing Rochster could do to improve itself would be to market to people who like low traffic, cheap four season places with nice suburbs

It should not try and market itself for the crowd who desires a hot singles scene, good nightlife, 24-7 entertainment, diverse populace etc.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM

93,655 posts, read 124,403,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Why is it trolling when he has a valid opinion that many agree with? Just because you don't agree with it?

I think he makes many good points. The city is very provincial and lacks any sort of vision

Yeah, lets do a fast ferry thinking people from a city like Toronto are actually going to visit Rochester

The best thing Rochster could do to improve itself would be to market to people who like low traffic, cheap four season places with nice suburbs

It should not try and market itself for the crowd who desires a hot singles scene, good nightlife, 24-7 entertainment, diverse populace etc.
I think if you would have read some of his other posts on here, you would see where the other posters are coming from.

Also, SE Rochester would be the part of town that younger folks would be interested in.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,726,160 times
Quote:

Because, like you, he posts blatantly false claims, never backs up anything he says, and speaks in sweeping generalizations and ignores when people point out his incorrect postings. That is pretty much the definition of trolling.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,081,343 times
Ok I haven't been on here in a few weeks and here, again, is the same poster gourding others into another "tit for tat" thread......

I, for one, am sidestepping this name(s) entirely and suggest others do the same. It truly makes for a boring exchange.....

Where's the "closed thread" option?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 PM

46 posts, read 65,253 times
I think he backs up what he says . He always "replies to a reply". By the way, I don't agree with him as far as rochester being as bad as it is. i do agree with him about it being the worst for climate. Thats right, it's the anus back at cha!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 PM

192 posts, read 531,182 times
Quote:

Is that a serious question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinniaDreamer View Post
Ok I haven't been on here in a few weeks and here, again, is the same poster gourding others into another "tit for tat" thread......

I, for one, am sidestepping this name(s) entirely and suggest others do the same. It truly makes for a boring exchange.....

Where's the "closed thread" option?
Yeah I know, it just blows my mind how many posts these threads get, maybe someone linked it to 4chan

Old 11-16-2012, 04:21 PM

36 posts, read 252,829 times
Default What?

So odd you say this. I was thinking of leaving ALbany for Rochester. Heard it had cheaper housing and a better nightlife. How funny. I take it the burbs have nothing to offer either? No Cheesecake Factories, nice pizza shops or unique dining places....

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt357 View Post
I got to thinking I have long complained about the horrible weather Rochester has and I still believe this however not only this is true but I have also realized just how crappy the city itself is. Almost every city I have been to I have liked it better than Rochester. Everyone likes to trash Cleveland Ohio but I like it way better than Rochester. It reminded me of everything Rochester always wanted to be.

Right downtown it had a cool mall that is three stories and had a hotel and a two-story food court built right into it, also had a movie theater in the mall. That's what Rochester always wanted Midtown Plaza to be like. Also the downtown actually felt like downtown not like Rochester's puny downtown which is only a few blocks long really.

Philadelphia to me seemed a lot like Rochester on steroids and had way better stores like Nordstrom. Also there notorious ghetto Norristown I went to and it seemed so tame compared to the ghettos of Rochester. Norristown looks like 90% of Rochester to me. Actually seems safe in comparison. Not only this but in Rochester the city itself is so dangerous that no one even uses it hardly anymore. Almost everyone has moved out to the suburbs and it takes so long to commute because everything is so spread out. It's like a city built around a city almost like they did in Detroit. About the only city I ever been to that I thought was worse than Rochester was probably Washington DC.

Not to mention how horrible the nightlife is in Rochester. The only nightlife Rochester has for young people, are a couple crappy bars and coffee shops. There is hardly any nightclubs. Compare that to the glorious nightclubs in places like New York City Miami and even Montréal. Also most of the bars in Rochester are not singles bars and most of the people who go there are couples or friends so it's not even a good place to meet someone.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:29 PM

36 posts, read 252,829 times
Default Rochester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think if you would have read some of his other posts on here, you would see where the other posters are coming from.

Also, SE Rochester would be the part of town that younger folks would be interested in.
Thank you.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,651,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymcl View Post
So odd you say this. I was thinking of leaving ALbany for Rochester. Heard it had cheaper housing and a better nightlife. How funny. I take it the burbs have nothing to offer either? No Cheesecake Factories, nice pizza shops or unique dining places....
Please do NOT go by what matt says and posts. If you look on here, you'll see he makes nothing but negative posts and trashes everything constantly. It gets old.

Please VISIT Rochester and the area before moving. The population is higher here - over a million in the area. Albany was around 800K last time I looked.

Yup, there's a Cheesecake Factory. Been there and ate there myself. It's in Pittsford. There's a brand new Trader Joe's and a super spiffy Wegman's in the same plaza. It's a plaza like Stuyvesant Plaza, but on steroids.

Definitely great pizza in the area! Plenty of unique dining places - mom & pop kinds of places and chains....so you've got your pick of both.

Oh and ROC is on a Great Lake, super close to the Finger Lakes, and a stone's throw away from Canada if you're interested in any of those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area