Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:52 AM

14 posts, read 94,167 times

Advertisements

South Land Park is a hole. I can't stand Sacraneflablacklaneflamento's violent gangs any more so i'll expose the whole ball of wax. West Sacramento is nice except for the Broderick area which is famous for the Broderick Boys. South Sacramento is at least 98% gangland, just do a mapquest: everything inbetween Meadowview Blvd and S St. is gang territory, everything west of Power Inn as well (Oak Park and Fruitride being very famous blood neighborhoods), sure the Pocket is nice but go over the freeway there and you're in South Central Garden Blocc Crip territory (21st to 29th, Florin to Meadowview), sure Land Park is nice but the projects are right there (5th/Vallejo, 6th/Broadway). Half of downtown is nice, maybe a bit more than half actually, and the east part of downtown (35th to 55th) is your very upper class parts, all the way to the University. As for the Northside: Everything inbetween I-80 and downtown, and everything inbetween Truxel and Watt (the whole Northside in other words) is gangland and nothing but. Outside of these areas it's mainly just middle/lower middle with the exception of Sayonara (fitting name) in Citrus Heights which is the gangs around the Sunrise Mall area, and LOTS of tweakers. Once you get into the outskirts like Roseville/Rocklin, El Dorado Hills and Folsom there's not too much meth or gang problems (except around the rail yard in Roseville, but even that is watered-down). I definetely regret that I am from the Sacramento Valley and after over 300 stitches I think I'd rather be in Iraq. I've lived all around the city, and after 20 years I will not look back when I leave soon, hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 12:37 AM

31 posts, read 233,610 times
Smile Too many gangs to mention

The Sacramento Sheriff's Detective that was killed by the 16 y.o filth was Vu Nguyen. He was a gang detective doing a routine check on a known gang house. The murder occurred near Fruitridge, I forget which street now. I just remember being one of the first to take the call and putting in a ton of hours that night.
There are so many gangs in Sacramento it's not even funny. There are gangs for every racial group and then those are broken up even further into their own little factions. And they all war with each other. Gangs are the #1 Homicide cause. With DV coming in 2nd.
Pretty much if you don't want to be a homicide victim don't be in or associated with a gang, don't be in an abusive relationship and don't get involved with drugs.
Police Chief Albert Najera just retired. He was a much beloved Chief and brought crime down in the City. But with the budget problems police services are going to be cut with lay off's coming. And who knows how Chief Braziel is going to handle the Dept.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:17 PM

57 posts, read 272,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeBrownSky View Post
South Land Park is a hole. I can't stand Sacraneflablacklaneflamento's violent gangs any more so i'll expose the whole ball of wax. West Sacramento is nice except for the Broderick area which is famous for the Broderick Boys. South Sacramento is at least 98% gangland, just do a mapquest: everything inbetween Meadowview Blvd and S St. is gang territory, everything west of Power Inn as well (Oak Park and Fruitride being very famous blood neighborhoods), sure the Pocket is nice but go over the freeway there and you're in South Central Garden Blocc Crip territory (21st to 29th, Florin to Meadowview), sure Land Park is nice but the projects are right there (5th/Vallejo, 6th/Broadway). Half of downtown is nice, maybe a bit more than half actually, and the east part of downtown (35th to 55th) is your very upper class parts, all the way to the University. As for the Northside: Everything inbetween I-80 and downtown, and everything inbetween Truxel and Watt (the whole Northside in other words) is gangland and nothing but. Outside of these areas it's mainly just middle/lower middle with the exception of Sayonara (fitting name) in Citrus Heights which is the gangs around the Sunrise Mall area, and LOTS of tweakers. Once you get into the outskirts like Roseville/Rocklin, El Dorado Hills and Folsom there's not too much meth or gang problems (except around the rail yard in Roseville, but even that is watered-down). I definetely regret that I am from the Sacramento Valley and after over 300 stitches I think I'd rather be in Iraq. I've lived all around the city, and after 20 years I will not look back when I leave soon, hope this helps.
Well that pretty much nails it. I was trying to remember all the neighborhood names but after this post I'll just skip it. Yes, the gangs are pervasive and that's just one of the many reasons I'm leaving this hell-hole this year.

Possibly you heard about the other horrendous gang-related crime we had a few months back. A man with an infant in his car stopped at a house in gangland to see some friends for a few minutes. Upon entering the property two men forced their way in and killed him. On their way out they stopped at his car and put a bullet through the baby's head. And they've never been caught. Suspicions arose later about the father's possible gang involvement, but I don't know if those accusations were confirmed or not.

This place is just way too depressing anymore.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 45,779 times
If we all keep running away instead of making a stand and taking back control of where we are, before too long we'll run out of places to hide. I for one refuse to cede control of my city to thugs. I might get hurt or killed defending my right not to be intimidated by criminals, but that's a chance I'm willing to tak. We law-abiding citizens far outnumber the criminals. We can win if we'd just start realizing that fact and using our power instead of cowering in corners until we can slink off to another locale.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:01 PM

23 posts, read 215,634 times
Default I gang bang daily!

I am by far no advocate of gangs but I wanted to state that gangs have always and will always exsist!.some gangs have been accepted into mainstream society as the norm,while others have been stigmatized!.The Local police and armed services can be seen as types of gangs,churches and masonic or religious or social orientated groups can be called gangs,along with political parties!.gang is just a word for a group of people who unite for a common goal!.the true problem are not gangs but the social and spiritual decay and drug usage in our cities across America!.One sign of social breakdown is when people stop identifing with national groups and start identifing with smaller and smaller groups(west vs. east,L.A. vs. Sac,the northside vs. the southside,4th street vs. rennick block,etc).just the other day me and my girlfriend went to Cal Expo to celeb. the 4th of July,while watching the fire works 3 young arian men gave the NAZI salute!wow!.being African Am. I was offended and started honestly to provoke a fight,a fight with all three!.I toyed with this thought for several minutes.then it hit me!.This is AMERICA!!!! ...and its their right to do what they feel as long as they dont infrige on the rights of others or practice habits that lead to the harm of others!.My father's father fought to protect that right in WWII and my father fought for that right in Korea and V.Nam.!.Gangs go back to the tribal period of human civilizations.I just joined a gang in a sence(lol),its called C.D.F ha ha ha(city data forum!).with that said open your eyes and focus on yourself and whats really important in life;BEING IN THE GANG THAT WILL WIN THE MOST TURF!!!!! I gang bang everyday but not for dope money or respect or protection!. I bang for LOVE!, ...I bang Christ and the rightousness of my Heavenly father!. so when I see a young thug or gang member(police,army off.,crip,blood,northe,southerner,skinhead or who ever)I try to bring them into God's gang!.just like Marvin Gaye said "the whole world is a ghetto"..........Its just your state of mind!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 PM

815 posts, read 2,698,230 times
[quote=Pnut916;4367032]
just the other day me and my girlfriend went to Cal Expo to celeb. the 4th of July,while watching the fire works 3 young arian men gave the NAZI salute!wow!.being African Am. I was offended and started honestly to provoke a fight,a fight with all three!.I toyed with this thought for several minutes.then it hit me!.This is AMERICA!!!! ...and its their right to do what they feel as long as they dont infrige on the rights of others or practice habits that lead to the harm of others

However, don't you feel that if a neo-nazi gives you any kind of salute that correlates with their hateful philosophy; wouldn't that infringe on your right to have an enjoyable time by the simple act of them trying to intimidate you? Their form of expression, as well as many other groups out there, is synonymous with instigating fear and hatred onto groups of people that are not like them. I could never condone that type of "free speech".

Old 07-09-2008, 04:32 PM

[quote=cityx;4377653]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut916 View Post
just the other day me and my girlfriend went to Cal Expo to celeb. the 4th of July,while watching the fire works 3 young arian men gave the NAZI salute!wow!.being African Am. I was offended and started honestly to provoke a fight,a fight with all three!.I toyed with this thought for several minutes.then it hit me!.This is AMERICA!!!! ...and its their right to do what they feel as long as they dont infrige on the rights of others or practice habits that lead to the harm of others

However, don't you feel that if a neo-nazi gives you any kind of salute that correlates with their hateful philosophy; wouldn't that infringe on your right to have an enjoyable time by the simple act of them trying to intimidate you? Their form of expression, as well as many other groups out there, is synonymous with instigating fear and hatred onto groups of people that are not like them. I could never condone that type of "free speech".

well I use to be a gang member and in the end all it took was a lil old white lady and her husband(Viola phillips and Jim Hall) to save me from my fear and myself!,Im happy to be the person I am today!.I see the same scared lil teenager in the youth of today that was me back then.jail or prison aint the answer!.our policy towards our disenfranchised youth must change! ...prison and jail are just money making machines with no real effort to rehabilitate anyone at all!(a graveyard for hope and dreams) .....and neophyte nazi dont scare me,I feel sorry for anyone who thinks so low of their own race that they got to kill all the others just to feel important or in control ...German's have a rich history that goes alot further back then Hitler!I think most educated germans know that!...Hate-ism is a disease that only afflicts the ignorant!...it's just your state of mind! ...I think that most of these blogers are right in what they feel but lack the insight to see the mote of the problem!.tell me? why are we spending more money (12 million a hour,24 hours a day ,7 days a week)protecting or whatever we're doing in iraq(dying by the dozens) then we do educating our own kids? why is gas $4.30? why do Jordans cost $150? why is the average american living from check to check while sports players and actors make more money than they can spend? why did Paris hilton actually get to walk out of jail when you or I would still be there? why is the middle class disappearing? you want the answers? study the fall of Rome! like Zepplin said "upon us all alil rain must fall".no better than that like Pink floyd said in the song "sheep";"you better watch out there may be dogs about,the future of the sheep I have seen,things are not as they seem" .....you gave them controll of your life out of respect but they stay in control thru fear!.passing laws that only affect you and me!.

Last edited by Pnut916; 07-09-2008 at 05:06 PM..

Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinsac View Post
If we all keep running away instead of making a stand and taking back control of where we are, before too long we'll run out of places to hide. I for one refuse to cede control of my city to thugs. I might get hurt or killed defending my right not to be intimidated by criminals, but that's a chance I'm willing to tak. We law-abiding citizens far outnumber the criminals. We can win if we'd just start realizing that fact and using our power instead of cowering in corners until we can slink off to another locale.
ha ha ha ha thats so funny! ...there is a saying "When fighting monsters you got to be careful not to be come one".sounds like your just at the point where you make your own gang .....here let me give you another "When you look into the darkness the darkness looks into you". get my point?

Old 07-09-2008, 05:17 PM

join a community out reach program,make a positive effort!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:56 AM

1 posts, read 45,261 times
Default Not our whole city

Not all of Sacramento is infested with these gangs, but many of the places in the Sacramento Area are. I saw someone labeling the area between Truxel and Watt as a gang area, but I have never notice if it is. I have lived in Rio Linda my whole life. Thats about mid way between both. I know this much only though. I know that Del Paso is an area heavily populated with African Americans while the Rio Linda area is heavily populated by Whites. I see how I could easily miss the gang association but I have negver affliated myself with gangs nor drugs so I believe that could be the reason but I still don't like walkign down certain areas becasue of the gang activity. Its not because I think they will randomly chose to hurt me or my family but I know thats its never out of teh question and they never consider the innocent non-gang member around them when they decide to attack others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento