Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:31 PM

290 posts, read 545,135 times

Advertisements

NewToCA my point is that Gold River is inside the Rancho Cordova area no matter how much people want to make it sound like Gold River is seperate. I grew up in that area across the street from Gold River (Sunriver) when it was a brand new housing community. Back then Sunriver was the posh new area and the area that is called Gold River use to be a junk yard. Technically yes, Gold River is not considered Rancho Cordova, but its right next door and parts of it (across from Sunrise) is pretty much Rancho Cordova. Grab any information touting Rancho and right along with it is Gold River. It's somewhat like saying Empire Ranch isnt part of Folsom.

Last edited by webdev; 07-13-2010 at 11:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 07:24 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,242,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdev View Post
NewToCA my point is that Gold River is inside the Rancho Cordova area no matter how much people want to make it sound like Gold River is seperate. I grew up in that area across the street from Gold River (Sunriver) when it was a brand new housing community. Back then Sunriver was the posh new area and the area that is called Gold River use to be a junk yard. Technically yes, Gold River is not considered Rancho Cordova, but its right next door and parts of it (across from Sunrise) is pretty much Rancho Cordova. Grab any information touting Rancho and right along with it is Gold River. It's somewhat like saying Empire Ranch isnt part of Folsom.
Now we are in agreement, I just want to make sure we are careful with facts when posting to this board.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 AM

151 posts, read 397,867 times
I lived on Data Drive near that newer commercial office park, south of 50, off the Zinfandel exit. Nowhere near as ghetto as north Rancho.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:46 PM

5 posts, read 18,338 times
i went to rancho near folsom and mathers to me it did not seem very safe looked like alot of drugys . not a place for a young family or any family to live .what dose everyone yhink who actually knows that area well

Old 07-18-2010, 11:34 AM

10 posts, read 30,842 times
Anybody can tell me if they fixed the odor problem by the rendering facility? It's been two years now... how serious is the smelling now? Any update would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-18-2010, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 7,256 times
Hello Anatolia is a nice community newer homes with parks and nice common area club house and pool. With that being said it is located in Rancho Cordova which is not the most desirable city in Sacramento. There is another very nice community like Anatolia with no HOA dues close by. It is an Elliott home builder comunity also very nice. To switch gears for a minute Rocklin is a fantastic place to live! Very safe community with beautiful parks great schools very desirable location as is Roseville. MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-18-2010 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: no realtor advertising

Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 PM

433 posts, read 1,620,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovezal View Post
Anybody can tell me if they fixed the odor problem by the rendering facility? It's been two years now... how serious is the smelling now? Any update would be greatly appreciated!
The developers paid for these anti-deoderizing scrubber things at the plant but they cost $$$ to run so a lot of people say the plant doesn't run them because they don't want to pay the electric bill for them. It still reeks whenever I drive by so I say they aren't turned on.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 PM

10 posts, read 30,842 times
Thanks Shope for the input. I have also read somewhere that there is a very high supplemental property tax out there in this area, for road construction, school construction, electrical etc. I was wondering exactly how high it is? Like 5% of the house price?

Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM

5 posts, read 18,338 times
i went to rancho . can anyone please tell me what they know about folsom blvd and colma near the railys area . i was there for only an hour seeing a home for sale . what i saw was a bunch of drugys . am i wrong please tell should i live there with my family.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:18 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,268,774 times
Sorry next time you drive by I'll put my joint away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento