Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:45 PM

18,164 posts, read 25,408,723 times

Advertisements

Why is it that the 2-3 people at church that like to stand up for every song have to sit down on the 1st row?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 08:42 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,716,937 times

Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 PM

Old 10-26-2010, 12:07 PM

359 posts, read 775,870 times
...<sigh>...no mechanics wanna take the task on for replacing the rear main seal in my car. Stinks.
DAMN YOU INFINITI!

But at least I'm not sporting a fresh new ankle monitor and staring down charges for murder like Yuchnitz. It can be worse. <shoulder shrug>

That made me feel better

Old 10-27-2010, 01:05 AM

Some days ago, someone near and dear to me went to go get his mail, and came back with a handful of what many often do parenthetically-refer to as "junk mail". It was a lot of "ELECT SO AND SO" and "RE-ELECT SUCH AND SUCH".....

He then cynically-said as he threw it all on the table:

"Hmph.....you *never* ever hear anything about these people EVER.....but come election time all of a sudden you hear about them, and so many other people you never even heard of. How much they all CARE about you and stuff. Huh!"

Old 10-27-2010, 01:43 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,896,292 times
@ sa dave have you tried Sam Auto Repair on WW White? It is going to be pricey though.

@ Lu a better question for me is why are some people just interested in political issues during election season but then lapse back into American Idol as being the only thing of import the rest of the time?

I think a better question is why do we allow the media to tell us what is important and what we should give our attention to throughout the year?

Old 10-27-2010, 02:00 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,054,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
@ sa dave have you tried Sam Auto Repair on WW White? It is going to be pricey though.

@ Lu a better question for me is why are some people just interested in political issues during election season but then lapse back into American Idol as being the only thing of import the rest of the time?

I think a better question is why do we allow the media to tell us what is important and what we should give our attention to throughout the year?
Because it's the easy way to go

Old 10-27-2010, 02:06 AM

Merovee: Lu a better question for me is why are some people just interested in political issues during election season but then lapse back into American Idol as being the only thing of import the rest of the time?

Lu: Ha, perhaps partly-maybe because in this capitalistic materialistic environment we live in we are just inevitably-weaned and constantly-bombarded nonstop by so many eyecatching distractions and various assorted new Toys du Jour, Merovee {smartphones, vehicles, in-threads, the latest movies and songs, the latest hot-and-sexy fitness crazes, etc.} that make a bunch of older identical-looking political guys and gals in 3-piece suits and pantsuits that talk and talk and talk on and on and on look Boring-As-All-Hell and nonexciting to way too many?

M: I think a better question is why do we allow the media to tell us what is important and what we should give our attention to throughout the year?

L: Oh, I myself do not solely-allow the media alone to inform me about some things, for one, heh {though confessingly I *LOVE* watching those gorgeous female newsanchors and reporters}. Can't speak for others, though, of course.......

Old 10-27-2010, 02:17 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,896,292 times
Since I was a small child I have totally allowed mass media (television, movies, music) to shape and form my ideas in everything from life in general to romance.

I recognize that but of course also recognize that I have a choice now to not allow them such influence. Overall though society is hooked because it is easier! But it does make life impossibly hard and unrealistic at times because the good guy does not always win in the end. Not in life, not in romance, not in political elections.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:39 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,066,749 times
Oh, lament! Lament!

'Tis nothing worse than the curse of the "walking toots" for a desk-jockied man working in an office fully staffed with ladies....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio