Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:41 AM

15 posts, read 91,975 times

Advertisements

I'm switching channels and I can't watch Great Day SA for long. The hostess, Kristina Guerrero, really needs to brush up on her journalistic skills.
What do ya'll think?

Do you have local shows/news you can't stand or love to death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 09:18 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,459 times
I really like to watch WOAI and think Randy Beamer is very funny and personable. On the other hand, I can’t stand David Cruz and think he comes off as fake. I also don’t like KSAT, they don’t seem to evolve with this City. Joe Rinagle is the cheesiest guy around in the sports arena. I like David and Don in regards to the sports but unfortunately because of Sunday Night Football, Sunday Ticket is pushed way too late for me.

Anyone find Jennifer Broome to be more… well… there is more of her? Maybe it’s just the apparel recently. I notice she doesn’t have a ring.

In regards to the afternoon shows, I work during the day so I don’t get a chance to watch them but when I am sick, I get so depressed watching SA TV thinking that I should be at work after all those career point commercials.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:23 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
I watch WOAI also and basically feel the same way as SA Greed, but have other opinions on Jennifer (and I don't notice her ring because I have one..).. I don't like how she tends to over hype the weather to make it seem exciting. Her forecasts are almost always wrong and I think it's because she tries to make more out of it than there actually is.. It's been so bad lately that I tend to plan for the exact opposite and it's almost always correct..

Old 10-17-2007, 09:31 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
What's up with the SA news highlighting the Houston crime? It almost seems like every time I'm over there and watch the 6 or 10 o'clock news there is as much on Houston crime as there is on SA crime.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:00 AM

472 posts, read 1,792,710 times
I dont like Great Day SA cause the chick isnt even from here. I use to love watching WOAI because of Natalie Tejeda but she no longer works there, how sad! I do like Vicki Buffolino though on KENS. I dont know if she has kids but if she does that would make her a super MILF.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:59 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I watch WOAI also and basically feel the same way as SA Greed, but have other opinions on Jennifer (and I don't notice her ring because I have one..).. I don't like how she tends to over hype the weather to make it seem exciting. Her forecasts are almost always wrong and I think it's because she tries to make more out of it than there actually is.. It's been so bad lately that I tend to plan for the exact opposite and it's almost always correct..

I actually have always said that they can do away with the weather and either extend the sports or have a piece on current events/art activities going on in the city. This may spark peoples interest in the arts and outside activities thus propelling SA to the cosmopolitan city so many love to say we don't have. whew

Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 PM

545 posts, read 2,283,894 times
I have found WOAI to be too "tabloid" for my taste - that runs into their weather too (remember the whole "we're going to stay on the air until this tornado warning is over" thing?)...and I have firsthand knowledge of the "troublemakers" running a story without checking all their sources. It seems to me that the least "sensational" of all the newscasts is KSAT (and that's a good thing). While I think Nancy Gonzalez could use some speech lessons, I like the rest of their morning crew, and Steve Brown is really good with the weather and forecasts. Their live shots don't try to be creative with camera angles, their news is, for the most part, really news.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:17 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
I love the troubleshooters. especially when they get a moron that claims they aren't telling the truth until they see themselves on video and then it's always a red faced no comment.. someone needs to keep all these corrupt crooks in check and it seems this city has more than its fair share of them...

Old 10-17-2007, 08:07 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Are you people talking about "Chief Meter-ologist" Jennifer Broome? Sheesh, it is really weird the way she says it! WOAI is very tabloidish, and the stories on their website are usually written in incomplete sentences. I tend to get my news online rather than on TV, so I really don't have much to offer in the way of other newscasts--just lately it seems the few shows I watch are on WOAI, and they run up until news time.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 PM

925 posts, read 1,227,551 times
I honestly can't stand local newscasts, maybe KENS, but not much. WOAI is just so... bleh. They spend more time on weather and the Dallas Cowboys than anything else, Don and Chandler are both just amateurish and the all Cowboy coverage can be directly linked to those two. KSAT is just crap. They really need to upgrade their studio set (the green screen back has gotten old) and update their news people. I mean how long has Greg Simmons been with KSAT 12? One day should have been enough, the guys a total joke and tool. He spends more time getting wasted at nightclubs and hitting on 20 year olds and not enough time working on being a good sports journalist. KENS I can stand because they have a professional looking set and Chris Marrou has a great TV personality but also. I won't even comment on that joke of a news station News at Nine (KABB).

As for the morning show stuff, I hardly ever watch but when I do I prefer GDSA over SA Living. WOAI needs to scrap the use of their morning anchors as the hosts of SA Living. Nothing is worse than two 30 something mothers trying to relate and act like they're young and hip. Kristina from GDSA has a great personality and does a good job with her hosting and whoever said they didn't like her because she wasn't from here, well, that's just nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: