Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 06:13 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,797,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
Just as an FYI, the Central Market concept with HEB is dead. Never pushing forward. The existing ones are the only ones... Period.

They're focused on those ridiculously large Plus stores in a failing attempt to out-Walmart Walmart.
Where is your source on this? The last one opened was in 2012. I wouldn't say the concept is dead just yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,435 times
Convenience is one thing, but I'm not happy about the added traffic to my neighborhood. I could understand them putting it on Culebra Road itself, but smack dab in the middle of the neighborhood doesn't make sense to me.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:21 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,474,727 times
I'm ok with it...but then I live in a gated community close by. I really feel that this will be a "our place" kind of HEB since the one on Culebra will remain open, and still get all the exposure...our little "hidden" gem! Either you live in here and know about it or you have NO idea it exists!

Old 01-25-2014, 09:30 AM

4,440 posts, read 5,361,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llirge View Post
Convenience is one thing, but I'm not happy about the added traffic to my neighborhood. I could understand them putting it on Culebra Road itself, but smack dab in the middle of the neighborhood doesn't make sense to me.
A little research will show you that alamo ranch parkway will turn into 151 outside 1604. This location is a great one and will mature Alamo Ranch.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:22 AM

437 posts, read 639,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
Just as an FYI, the Central Market concept with HEB is dead. Never pushing forward. The existing ones are the only ones... Period.

They're focused on those ridiculously large Plus stores in a failing attempt to out-Walmart Walmart.
You are very good at spreading misinformation on these forums.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:27 AM

437 posts, read 639,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llirge View Post
The location they are building on Wilderness Oak is practically in the heart of Stone Oak. It makes great sense to build in a nested residential area and people are ecstatic about it. For one, it's walking distance for many. And two, those who do drive don't have to make it all the way to the 281 location.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:40 AM

336 posts, read 484,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
You are very good at spreading misinformation on these forums.
Mmmmkay. Well, just wake me when another one goes up, thanks

Old 01-26-2014, 08:36 PM

221 posts, read 562,815 times
Alamo Pkwy is going to be filled with shopping strips along with the HEB which is totally fine with me...I like it around the corner my late night trips will be cut in half now!

Old 01-26-2014, 08:40 PM

143 posts, read 266,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Got some "scoop" on it...it will not be done until 3rd Qtr, 2015...so we have a little bit of a wait...but it IS coming. The one at 1604 and Culebra WILL remain open (YEAH!!!) and the main reason HEB is doing this is because Walmart is putting in those little "Neighborhood Market" grocery stores all over this side of town (Marbach and Ellison, Hunt and Military and Guelibeau Rd), so they see that if they DON'T move into the hood, they will get moved in upon. While I like HEB much better than Wally World, the prices for food IS cheaper at Wally...and if the competition makes it move, you could get squashed. Would be interesting to see if Walmart has bought property closer to us then the aboved mentions areas...which could push up build time to ensure your "loyalty"???? Competition is ALWAYS in the best interest of the consumer!!! It will be a reg HEB, not a PLUS store or Central Market type.
Is food cheaper at Walmart? It doesn't seem that way to me. Wasn't HEB involved in a lawsuit with Walmart a few years back about that claim also?

Old 01-26-2014, 10:40 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,077,020 times
Saw the sign for the future HEB in Alamo Ranch...CONFIRMED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio