Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,779,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
OK, I'll start. This was in a thread a long time ago, so I guess I could go dig it up, but I don't recall it being specifically about this topic: Geocaching. I am looking to get into this as a hobby, and for some outdoor exercise. I've already signed up on geocaching.com, so that I can search for local geocaches. There is also a ton of info about the various GPS trackers out there. That's where my questions come in. There's so many out there! At Wallyworld today, I looked in the electronics dept. and saw a Tomtom for $148, regularly $248, but the kid working that dept sent me to Sporting Goods when I told him what I wanted it for. Over there they had a handheld Garmin (? I think?) and it looked entirely suitable. If anyone is into this, could you DM me with any info you think I'd find pertinent? Muggles can ignore!

This should be an interesting thread! Great idea, weather nerd!
I think I read about this some time ago, when navigators were JUST barely making it into the average consumers' hands...
Is this referring to 'scavenger hunt' type activities?
It sounded like GREAT fun......

Old 12-04-2007, 12:47 PM

85 posts, read 357,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
I am currently reading it and it is HISTARICAL. I love Steven Colbert. I am voting for him

I was rolling on the floor when I heard that he ran for Soil Commish and ended up in a 3 way tie or something like that in some town in North or South Carolina since they wouldn't let him on the presidential ballot. I was bummed that they disqualified him because of residency.

Here's a pic of my favorite tshirt and I get funny comments averytime I wear it.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraisedSA View Post
I'd love to learn what our members do for a living - names of companies or other specifics aren't necessary. Maybe this:

1.What do you do?

2. Are you happy doing it?

3. If not, what would you want to do?

4. Are you formally trained/educated in your field?

I'll start:

1. Teacher

2. love kids, not so sure about the job anymore

3. either real estate (not to get rich, just b/c it interests me), or working with children or children's programs in another capacity (not the public schools)

4. I have a B.A. and would like to pursue a Masters (not sure in what yet)

Oh and Sapphire, I love your byline -can't wait to see the movie!
I WAS ALSO GOING TO MENTION SAPPHIRE'S BYLINE.... I LOVED that one commercial for some mens' fragrance product, this guy's in the produce apt and this woman comes by, FLINGS her grocery cart off into neverland and starts bow chicka wow wow with this clueless young man...
SO HYSTERICAL....
the commercial is on you tube... so funny

Old 12-04-2007, 12:54 PM

[quote=bornandraisedSA;2152427]I'd love to learn what our members do for a living - names of companies or other specifics aren't necessary. Maybe this:

1.What do you do?

MINE:

1. Multi Line Claims Adjuster

2. Yes, where I am now, but in some companies, things they are a'changin' and...... hmmmmm

3. nursing, for the security.... other than that, not really sure... pretty much like what I do right now.....

4. I have a B.A. in Consumer Affairs (now known as "Consumer Sciences")

Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 PM

here's the you tube commercial.....
bow chicka wow wow

YouTube - new axe commercial

Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 PM

85 posts, read 357,314 times
1.What do you do?
I am a stay-at-home Mom, although in my former life I was a Medical Sales Rep.
Not particularly. I loved my old career but had to retire for health reasons. It is nice to have the freedom to stay home but I wish I had the energy to do more. It also gets really boring sometimes.
My dream growing up was to be like Quincy, M.D. (you can tell when I grew up by my frame of reference)and become a Medical Examiner. I still think that would be cool but I'd rather be a successful artist.
I have a BS in Chemistry, so yes I was trained in the right field to go into Medical Sales. I'm not formally trained as an artist but I am very good. It's a talent I discovered after being forced to stay home.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:21 PM

Are there any true crime buffs in here?
Particularly murder mysteries??
I don't know why, but I am intrigued by true crime/murder mysteries....

I think because I've always been intrigued by HOW someone can literally MURDER another human being... it mystifies me as to how someone can get to the place where they are willing to actually take another life...

and even MORE specifically, familial murder....
murder of a spouse, a parent, a sibling.....
I am intrigued by these stories....

I'm also often interested in serial killer stories as well, BAFFLED as to how/why/what these people are all about.....

Jeeze, this is sounding kind of macabre, and I don't really mean it to....
For instance, I was obsessed with the Scott Peterson trial...

now, I'm following the DREW PETERSON story...

wow, Scott Peterson, wife LACY Peterson
then, Drew Peterson, wife, STACY Peterson

anyone else interested in true crime?

Last edited by PopsGuysRule; 12-04-2007 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: anal retentive correction of spelling error

Old 12-04-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Blonde View Post
1.What do you do?
I am a stay-at-home Mom, although in my former life I was a Medical Sales Rep.
Not particularly. I loved my old career but had to retire for health reasons. It is nice to have the freedom to stay home but I wish I had the energy to do more. It also gets really boring sometimes.
My dream growing up was to be like Quincy, M.D. (you can tell when I grew up by my frame of reference)and become a Medical Examiner. I still think that would be cool but I'd rather be a successful artist.
I have a BS in Chemistry, so yes I was trained in the right field to go into Medical Sales. I'm not formally trained as an artist but I am very good. It's a talent I discovered after being forced to stay home.
ooooh, what's the art medium????

Old 12-04-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Hey! So is my sister-in-aw (retired USAF intel)! She's the pride and joy of the family, that's for sure! (And my otherhalf ~ her "baby brother" ~ is probably the proudest of her of all. )

So, I'm kinda lovin' this thread! Very fun that *everything* is "off topic"!!

Anyone see any great Holiday Lights displays????
When I spent the last several years in Ohio (aging & ill parent back there), a group of us 'gals' would pile up once per season and go look at Chrismas lights.... at least one of us always had a van and we'd take goodies along to munch on.....
and of course, all of our good humor and fun spirit as well.....

Old 12-04-2007, 01:30 PM

781 posts, read 3,818,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Are there any true crime buffs in here?
Particularly murder mysteries??
I don't know why, but I am intrigued by true crime/murder mysteries....

I think because I've always been intrigued by HOW someone can literally MURDER another human being... it mystifies me as to how someone can get to the place where they are willing to actually take another life...

and even MORE specifically, familiar murder....
murder of a spouse, a parent, a sibling.....
I am intrigued by these stories....

I'm also often interested in serial killer stories as well, BAFFLED as to how/why/what these people are all about.....

Jeeze, this is sounding kind of macabre, and I don't really mean it to....
For instance, I was obsessed with the Scott Peterson trial...

now, I'm following the DREW PETERSON story...

wow, Scott Peterson, wife LACY Peterson
then, Drew Peterson, wife, STACY Peterson

anyone else interested in true crime?

I love mysteries......I love "City Confidential" on AE. The stories are so intriguing that I am usually googling the victim while the show is on!!

I agree with you on wanting to understand what possesses a person to kill their spouse or their mother and/or father. I get particularly intrigued by children who kill their parents....a lot of the times for money and not always a fortune either. It is amazing to me how someone a can methodically plan a murder. I think that is also why I really like Law and Order.....they actually delve into the reason for these heinous crimes.....boom boom....(gavel banging)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio