Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 03:23 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,409,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I didn't have much of an opinion on it until some people at my job, including myself have been experiencing issues dealing with problems that arise from people that work from home both at the company I work for and contractors or clients.

The main issues are that emails not being responded to quickly enough or in some cases not at all. Not always available to take a phone call. Sometimes they will say they are "not at home at the moment"...wtf

We just recently had to fix an issue caused by a WFH employee that will probably cost us over million once fixed. The root cause was that she ignored a chain of emails addressed to her specifically over a course of two months so there was some missed opportunities to fix the problem early on with minimal impact to the company. It boggles my mind she is still employed and still a WFH employee at that but at least she was removed from the project so we don't have to wait for her input or decisions.
Sounds like the problem is with management, not so much working at home. If management isn’t going to provide appropriate direction, set expectations, and follow through when things go awry, then it really doesn’t matter where employees work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 02:51 PM

20 posts, read 10,957 times
The quickest way to get downtown from the airport is to take 281 south. Plus you don't disrupt traffic on San Pedro. If you must speed up travel on San Pedro for bus patrons add more buses during rush hour. Spending 400 million dollars of taxpayer dollars is madness. Maintenance will also be a cost forever.on this green line.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:47 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,772,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Sounds like the problem is with management, not so much working at home. If management isn’t going to provide appropriate direction, set expectations, and follow through when things go awry, then it really doesn’t matter where employees work.
I know it isn't really related to the topic here and it isn't even really a local issue either so I won't get into the whole subject of WFH.

If you can't get out of the house, get to work and see/listen to all the warning signs in the workplace that may come up in real time, then I don't want to work with you. The end.

Old 04-16-2024, 01:32 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,409,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I know it isn't really related to the topic here and it isn't even really a local issue either so I won't get into the whole subject of WFH.

If you can't get out of the house, get to work and see/listen to all the warning signs in the workplace that may come up in real time, then I don't want to work with you. The end.
Interesting. The end deux.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio