Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:52 PM

139 posts, read 364,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
They have those dryer balls at HEB Plus if you don't want to run all the way to BB&B.
Great! Thank you.

The only thing that I wonder about these is the sound they may make in the dryer. Imagine rubber balls bouncing/banging around in there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 06:11 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,073,710 times
I should have thought about there, we wound up there anyway. Made hubby take me shopping today and we had lunch out .
I got the balls and used them on my daughters comforter. Couldn't really hear them but then my dryer is...lets just say, not new. ha ha I will have to try them again. I couldn't really say if it was faster or not but they did keep it from bunching up into a big ball

Old 08-16-2008, 07:21 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,495,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL71 View Post
Great! Thank you.

The only thing that I wonder about these is the sound they may make in the dryer. Imagine rubber balls bouncing/banging around in there...
I have used them for the past 2 years and there is no real noise from them...I actually use 4 balls per load (long story, but one ball got "lost", thought the dog got it, so bought another pair to find the original runaway, so now use 4)...I suppose with a very light load in the dryer they might a little, but I dry full loads or hang smaller washings to air dry.

The biggest place to look for them is in fitted sheet corners should you too have a rogue runaway! LOL

Old 08-16-2008, 07:35 PM

139 posts, read 364,908 times
Quote:
I have used them for the past 2 years and there is no real noise from them...I actually use 4 balls per load (long story, but one ball got "lost", thought the dog got it, so bought another pair to find the original runaway, so now use 4)...I suppose with a very light load in the dryer they might a little, but I dry full loads or hang smaller washings to air dry.

The biggest place to look for them is in fitted sheet corners should you too have a rogue runaway! LOL
Ahhh...along with the rogue sock and dryer sheet! LOL

Old 08-17-2008, 04:34 AM

I have honestly found the BEST laundry saving device was the shower curtain rod I hung over the washer and dryer in the laundry room...be sure to block it (we used small wood supports under the rod with U shape)as the clothes can get heavy on it...and I always have hangers right there. I have found that the ease in taking something out of the washer, shaking it out and hanging it up to dry there far outways the access issues to the cabinets behind the clothes. Just slide them to one side when you do need to get into one of those cabinets. This might be a little easier for me since I have a separate washroom off the kitchen and can just close the door if it has clothes hanging there vs in a common area/hallway. I often take everything that is hang up out and let it air dry leaving only the towels/non hanging clothes to the dryer.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I have honestly found the BEST laundry saving device was the shower curtain rod I hung over the washer and dryer in the laundry room...be sure to block it (we used small wood supports under the rod with U shape)as the clothes can get heavy on it...and I always have hangers right there. I have found that the ease in taking something out of the washer, shaking it out and hanging it up to dry there far outways the access issues to the cabinets behind the clothes. Just slide them to one side when you do need to get into one of those cabinets. This might be a little easier for me since I have a separate washroom off the kitchen and can just close the door if it has clothes hanging there vs in a common area/hallway. I often take everything that is hang up out and let it air dry leaving only the towels/non hanging clothes to the dryer.
Me too!! My laundry room is also off the kitchen and my is bar is under the shelves to the right.

Great minds!!

Now if only you camped!

Old 03-06-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I have the budget plan with cps. That way I know every month what my bill will be. If the actual bill is less ( about half the time) then the rest goes into a savings account and they draw from that when they need to. I don't have a bill about the last 3 or 4 months of the years because I have so much left over. This year my bill is always going to be $164.00 a month. I can live with that. I have about 2700 sq. ft, 2 story with 2 ac units. It's just me here during the day and we leave it a 80 most of the time ( that's my excuse for not doing anything most of the time!!). I also use a lot of fans.

Got my new average, went up about $15.00 but then it went down about $20.00 the year before. I still like knowing what the bill will be every month and I already have a credit on my account for this year. If this weather will hold I will be all set for the summer bills!

Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM

Hopefully the summer rates will not be killer this year...

Old 03-06-2009, 03:23 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,756,890 times
I hope not - but rates have gone up over the winter - very depressing. My bill last month was $129.24...more than I was expecting. When I looked at the rates - they are higher now than they were last fall.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:28 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 947,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
I hope not - but rates have gone up over the winter - very depressing. My bill last month was $129.24...more than I was expecting. When I looked at the rates - they are higher now than they were last fall.
How much higher are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio