Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 10:15 PM

13 posts, read 53,797 times

Advertisements

So how are the sales of the new homes going in Turtle Rock and the newer development of Desert Knoll? Desert Knoll seems to have the better craftsmanship.

Both have HOA's and I recoiled when I learned of Desert Knoll's monthly HOA fee (to the best of my memory $180.00 per month - correct if I'm wrong please).

How has the housing slump affected these developments in recent weeks/months? Anyone in the know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 09:24 PM

13 posts, read 53,797 times
Well, I noticed the Desert Knoll bilboard sign on Adobe Rd. now says "Low 200's."

Old 07-01-2008, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 26,237 times
The HOA fees for Desert Knoll are only $126.00 per month. Not $180.00. How much are the HOA fees for Turtle Rock?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:31 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
Well it's not often that you see 29Palms mentioned so I just wanted to say hello! We lived there from 85-89 when my husband was in the Marine Corps. We drove through sometime around 2000 and things sure have changed alot!
We used to love to eat at Ramonas

Old 07-19-2008, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 11,220 times
Thumbs up Turtle Rock at 29 Palms

For the price range of these homes, the quality is phenomenal! We are moving in this week, and from what we understand it is under new ownership.

The new owners will be putting in a lot of upgrades as well, inlcuding granite countertops. 2 miles from the base. 2 miles from Downtown. Doesn't get any better than that.
Attached Thumbnails
Twentynine Palms Developments: Turtle Rock & Desert Knoll-home-002.jpg  

Old 08-09-2008, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 11,049 times
We just finished walking through the model's. They are offering no down payment, no closing costs, and 25K in upgrades. It is under new management and a new builder. The HOA fees are paid for you for the first year. They are currently $110 (?...can't remember what she said...) but they expect the fees to be less than that. They said they would put in a gunite pool for us at their cost too...

We also went through Desert Knoll, nice houses, but I can't imagine what the electric bills would be. They said they were around $180 a month, but I just can't see that...Especially for the two story models. Their HOA book says they can enter your home without your knowledge if they deem it necessary. Also, you can't have a flag pole. Military folks like to have their flag poles...Something else to keep in mind with Desert Knoll, 801 housing is practically across the street, and it's planned to be turned over to the city for subsidized housing. That means 600 units of subsidized housing right across the street. Not exactly a $300K neighbor. Just my opinion...

Old 08-11-2008, 05:12 PM

3 posts, read 33,102 times
Thumbs down Desert Knolls

First let me say that the construction is pretty good at Desert Knolls. The problem I see is that you can't trust the developer. Very shady business man. The HOA fees are $126.00. That is not bad considering the actual costs. But let me caution all contractors...be careful!!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:08 PM

Default Steve Enochs debt

you may want to consider desert knolls after the law suit

Old 08-11-2008, 08:09 PM

Turtle Rock....Rocks!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 26,237 times
You must work for Turtle Rock or something Desert Dev. Talk about shady business men, wasn't it Turtle Rock's "business men" that did such bad "business" they went to jail? I don't mean to stir the pot, but trash talking seems to run rampant around here in 29. I am not an advocate for either Desert Knoll or Turtle Rock but it seems that this threaded discussion turned into something that went from being a discussion about houses to something personal between you and whomever stepped on your toes at Desert Knoll. How do we know you're not the shady one? You can definately post whatever you choose, but I am only seeing one side of the story here and that's yours. It definately makes me not want to get involved with Turtle Rock if this is the kind of childish rivalry that goes on there. I don't see anyone from Desert Knoll bashing Turtle Rock in a public forum and then cheering Hoo-Ray!! Just my opinion and you're entitled to yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties