Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:59 PM

2,402 posts, read 5,254,999 times

Advertisements

The ratio of shallow, simple minded twits to intelligent, enlightened people of substance is high everywhere. Why should SF be an exception?

Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,677,935 times
I, personally, found the whole SF Bay area to be a terrible place to date women.

It seemed to me that unless I was willing to accept my place as a lowly male, lower order of being, I got nowhere. I'm happier back here in New York. That sort of Parade Magazine "feminism" is yesterday's papers here. In SF and environs, it seems to be alive and well.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:20 PM

34 posts, read 450,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjf3173 View Post
Sorry Blurstar but it's true and I stand behind the claim 100% without hesitation. As far as bay area men dating beautiful white women,not true. I have done alot or research on this topic (I work in Sociology/research) and the majority of white men that I have interviewed have expressed their preference for Asian women. As for those who don't prefer asian women, they stated that for a white man, having an Asian woman as a girlfriend/significant other was a "status symbol" at least amongst their inner circle of friends. It is what it is. Why put false information out there for someone seeking advice? Not trying to come across as harsh or anything but, I think you should do more research on the subject. I think you would be surprised at the results.

You can't "stand behind the claim 100% without hesitation," because you already backed away from your original claim that majority of bay area white men "will not even consider dating non-asian women", and agreed to my observation that it's simply a preference. So the remaining issue is whether the number it's majority or not.

With that, I will just challenge you on one fact:

According to your "research", what's the ratio of SF bay area white population to Asian population?

Old 01-12-2007, 10:36 AM

12 posts, read 44,156 times
Default my dear blurstar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurstar View Post
You can't "stand behind the claim 100% without hesitation," because you already backed away from your original claim that majority of bay area white men "will not even consider dating non-asian women", and agreed to my observation that it's simply a preference. So the remaining issue is whether the number it's majority or not.

With that, I will just challenge you on one fact:

According to your "research", what's the ratio of SF bay area white population to Asian population?
Your comments do not even make sense. This isn't a forum for "Challenges" it's a place for people to share information. As stated, I stand behind my claim 100% (I think you mis-interpretted this sentence). The 100% does not refer to statistics etc, it refers to my confidence in supporting this claim based on research. As far as white to asian population (at least in the city):

Population - 776,733

Latino 14.1%

White 43.6%

Black 7.8%

Asian 30.8%

Other 2.7%

http://muninetguide.com/states/calif..._Francisco.php

Old 01-13-2007, 01:08 AM

34 posts, read 450,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjf3173 View Post
Your comments do not even make sense. This isn't a forum for "Challenges" it's a place for people to share information. As stated, I stand behind my claim 100% (I think you mis-interpretted this sentence). The 100% does not refer to statistics etc, it refers to my confidence in supporting this claim based on research. As far as white to asian population (at least in the city):

Population - 776,733

Latino 14.1%

White 43.6%

Black 7.8%

Asian 30.8%

Other 2.7%

http://muninetguide.com/states/calif..._Francisco.php

Read your own first post and your second post.

In your 1st post you claimed "majority of men here tend to have "yellow fever" and will not even consider dating non-asian women" (I'm copying and pasting your quote).

In your 2nd post you already softened your claim to "majority of white men that I have interviewed have expressed their preference for Asian women".

Doesn't seem like you are standing behind you claim 100%, buddy.... This is a place to share correct information, not exaggerated information, especially coming from someone who does "research." (Or is this the norm for researchers??!!)

Your population number cannot be for SF Bay area, more like for city of SF. But let's analyze that number anyway.

Your statement mainly involves:

White 43.6%

Asian 30.8%

If we assume the dating circle has roughly same ratio as population, then White men would be 21% of dating population; majority of which would be 10%. Asian woman would be 15%. So according to your original claim that "majority of men here tend to have "yellow fever" and will not even consider dating non-asian women, either 2/3 of all bay area Asian women are going with white guys, or some white guys cannot find dates. I don't see either scenario, as a 25 year bay area resident.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:27 AM

17,439 posts, read 28,703,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
I, personally, found the whole SF Bay area to be a terrible place to date women..
Then you don't even want to contemplate how bad it is in LA....

Old 01-14-2007, 04:27 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,284,481 times
Back to the dating topic, please.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 PM

17,439 posts, read 28,703,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markablue View Post
Back to the dating topic, please.
I was just saying that dating in LA for a hetero male makes SF's dating and relationship situation seem ideal by comparison.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:00 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,284,481 times
Apparently, the original topic is dead. Thank you all for participating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland