Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 10:15 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,189,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe stixpuck View Post
San Jose has the Bay Area's largest sausage market. If a gal can't find a decent guy easily out there I'd wonder what might be wrong with her.

If there was another part of the Bay Area with such a skewed ratio of men/women, but in favor of males' prospects, I woulda been like the proverbial 'kid in a candy store.' In fact, if anyone here knows of ANY area with such a disproportionate population of women/men as SJ has of the reverse, let me know so my buds and I can plan our next fishing trip.
If you're planning fishing trips you're not going to have much luck here anyway..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 02:04 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,315,045 times
Ellen,

What's wrong with video games anyway? Or nerds? Would you rather the guy be out on Friday night trying to cheat on you or playing World of Warcraft with his internet friends?

Joe Stixpuck,

There is a place like that for guys in the bay area. It's called San Francisco. 25% of the adult population there is gay. There is a 50/50 male/female ratio.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:55 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,044,022 times
Everyone in this area is nerdy and into gaming. All are also exceptionally well hung. Not a small fry in the bunch.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:48 PM

166 posts, read 490,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
If you're planning fishing trips you're not going to have much luck here anyway..
Although this is off OP topic....

I've had some fine fishing trips out to the Farallons and off the Condell Bank outta Bodega Bay. And flyfishing in the Sierras is even better.

Now if I can only find a place with good jobs, lots of nice and available women, with access to both good fresh and saltwater fishing all will be great!

Old 02-22-2009, 04:55 PM

166 posts, read 490,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
Joe Stixpuck,

There is a place like that for guys in the bay area. It's called San Francisco. 25% of the adult population there is gay. There is a 50/50 male/female ratio.
The ratio in SF may be more balanced than SJ, but it's not the best place to look for a serious relationship. Dating or casual...sure.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,871,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyr29 View Post
Ellen,

You are *so* right! Stereotypes exist for a reason. SJ is FULL of nerdy Engineers. They are bad in bed, have no social skills, are as charming as Steve Urkel and have nothing to offer except for $ which doesn't go a long way due to the high cost of living.

And, in SF they're either gay or cheaters/players or ugly hippies.

It's so sad. Try LA maybe?
If this isn't dripping with sarcasm, I worry for you. If you really must slither to LA to continue your foul stereotype parade, please don't hesitate. You'll gladly (?) find more of the same.

Whoever really thinks SJ is all nerds has either not lived here or hasn't got out from behind the glowing screen nearly often enough (look, if you're a geek and you hang out with geeks doing geek things and going to places crawling with geeks geeking out, then your outlook just might reflect a skewed view. Just sayin')

Old 03-18-2009, 06:12 PM

3 posts, read 18,240 times
Ya, the stereotype thing never works.

There are more geeks here to be sure. So the geek-guys and geek-girls have more opportunity. Especially the geek-girls. They don't have a problem finding men that are into star trek or whatever. I'm pretty mild on the geekiness scale (i.e. I am a geek but not a gamer), it's nice being able to connect with women here.

The flip-side is, if you're the anti-geek, then for every IT person and engineer you're going to find one manager, one marketer, one accountant, one director and one sly salesman. So there you go.

And everybody's obsessed with their cell phone.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:16 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,194,911 times
San Jose is a city of over a million people, and is the third largest city in California. It is very cosmopolitan, with major demographic groups representing folks from, India, China, Korea, Vietnam, Japan. Indonesia, Mexico, Central America, Brazil, Kenya, Eritirea, Ghana, South Africa and many other nations, races and creeds.

Do you think that whatever stereotypes you've heard are true in a city of such size and diversity?

Old 03-29-2009, 03:08 AM

4 posts, read 11,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
Ellen,

What's wrong with video games anyway? Or nerds? Would you rather the guy be out on Friday night trying to cheat on you or playing World of Warcraft with his internet friends?

Joe Stixpuck,

Yeah but there are a bunch of lesbians and asexual weirdo chicks there... pretty sure it evens out.

Also, this question is stupid and I take offense to it somewhat.. we don't need another pretentious "goddess" here, maybe try LA. Of course all men here aren't like what you described, there are 2 colleges here, I go to one of them and there are plenty of normal seeming people around.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 PM

33 posts, read 136,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
San Jose is a city of over a million people, and is the third largest city in California. It is very cosmopolitan, with major demographic groups representing folks from, India, China, Korea, Vietnam, Japan. Indonesia, Mexico, Central America, Brazil, Kenya, Eritirea, Ghana, South Africa and many other nations, races and creeds.

Do you think that whatever stereotypes you've heard are true in a city of such size and diversity?
exactly

people need to get off the freeways and delve into some of the regular neighborhoods

no not everyone there is rich

not everyone is a nerdy tech geek

Its a city of 1 million !!!

the city is wayyyy diverse in cultures/ethnicities as well as economic status'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose