Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2022, 09:52 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,336,963 times

Advertisements

That's the thing about Florida. I notice how crime is spread out all over, even in areas you'd think are safe.

Up in St. Louis you pretty much know which areas are no go. The suburbs in the good areas of Stl County don't have nearly the crime the nice areas have here despite being a major metro area. Like the crimes you see in Sarasota you don't see much in Ladue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2022, 06:08 AM

41 posts, read 39,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
The lady doth protest too much, methinks" Hamlet by William Shakespeare.

At least Mr, Shakespeare would, perhaps, rarely if ever, attempt to deny, avoid, twist, resist the truth and accuracy in a feeble, hellbent incessant exercise in self-affirmation ,personal validation and relevance.

If Mr. Shakespeare "moved" from NY to a house in Lakewood Ranch, he would have sense enough to firmly know and thereby acknowledge that he didn't move to Bradenton. And he would have sense enough not to argue that point of reality. He knew fact from fiction no doubt.....then he would move on.

Old 07-19-2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
That's the thing about Florida. I notice how crime is spread out all over, even in areas you'd think are safe.

Up in St. Louis you pretty much know which areas are no go. The suburbs in the good areas of Stl County don't have nearly the crime the nice areas have here despite being a major metro area. Like the crimes you see in Sarasota you don't see much in Ladue.
I agree.

My uncle is a retired exec with McDonald Douglas and lived in Ladue practically forever for that reason. Crime seemed fairly localized in the Stl County, even though that has changed a bit as well. Crime is certainly not that localized all over Florida like one might think...it's dispersed. I would say that western Pasco has become a bit weird in crime though.

Just a few years ago around here crime around University Park, Lockwood, Lakewood Ranch, Braden Woods etc was rare, not any more. Now, I see homeless criminals hanging out from n 301/Tuttle to east at Creekwood, Lockwood/70, to farther east at Univ/Market St in Lakewood Ranch.

Brazen crimes have occurred. For example only: Thieves stole/ripped up the entire ATM at the Bank of America at 70 and Lockwood near the Publix plaza. Snatch and grabs at WallyWorld parking lot near Braden/east of I75 right near Lakewood Ranch .

Old 07-19-2022, 06:43 AM

402 posts, read 260,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilyCorbin View Post
At least Mr, Shakespeare would, perhaps, rarely if ever, attempt to deny, avoid, twist, resist the truth and accuracy in a feeble, hellbent incessant exercise in self-affirmation ,personal validation and relevance.

If Mr. Shakespeare "moved" from NY to a house in Lakewood Ranch, he would have sense enough to firmly know and thereby acknowledge that he didn't move to Bradenton. And he would have sense enough not to argue that point of reality. He knew fact from fiction no doubt.....then he would move on.
If he did he might. But he didn’t.

Old 07-19-2022, 07:40 AM

Move on. Be smart.

Old 07-19-2022, 07:48 AM

562 posts, read 550,060 times
No longer overcrowding and rude people, now you should not come because the crime is so bad. /yawn

Wonder what next months reason will be.

Old 07-19-2022, 09:22 AM

Crime is on the increase, all over. Anyone can see that if they aren't blind.
All across the nation - property crime, and violent crime
ALL over.
People need to stop pretending
Crime is also being exported to Florida in droves like no other time before
How about Chicago, Highland Park? Maryland? LA? TX?
Florida i getting overrun with illegals, many of whom are gang members
Crime follows money and wealth as well...duh
With Florida getting overrun with transplants, crime increases...period.
Not hard to understand really.
Buy another gun or two.
Stay safe, wake up, don't become a victim.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:57 AM

71 posts, read 65,812 times
I was reading that cesspool of political correctness, nextdoor, this morning and seeing reports of car thefts in Venice, and in a neighborhood not far from mine. I guess it's time (some would say past due) to squeeze the car into the garage at night. Damn them.

When are we as a society going to change our attitude about punishment and fix this problem? The Overton window needs to slide and narrow. There are solutions to eliminate these criminality problems only when honest people change their attitudes. We should be talking about what sort of punishments for first time offenders we consider effective to achieve the goal of eliminating this type of problem.

Old 07-21-2022, 07:29 AM

Car thefts have skyrocketed in even upper middle-class communities.two in mine, two in my friend's gated community as well. The sheriff deputies told me about the recent uptick in stolen newer cars that all have those white "drive-out" temp tags...and they see a car with a drive out tag they will likely light it up almost automatically to check the driver out unless it's an elderly female driver for example around HERE. They also told me now they are cruising around tons of apartment/condo parking lots and shopping areas constantly.

Old 02-29-2024, 07:20 AM

138 posts, read 114,526 times
People who live in LWR are in such denial over the "address" issue. You should have realized this before you were SOLD. The marketing staff for the developers have devised an ingenious technique in re-defining the technical geographical location of the Ranch and using criteria such as: Mileage from the "City of Bradenton" and how its on the "other side of 75" when comparing it to the depths of the CITY of Bradenton, Reputation is an important factor when dealing with people who believe they are in the "Upper Crust" of society. You're living out in the middle of nowhere for C-sakes! Avoiding the name BRADENTON has become much more important for these more affluent people. Lakewood Ranch Florida has a much nicer ring, as the people read it on the brochures. Braden Woods (Not bad/), Braden-Tucky or Tampa are still commonly used acceptable alternatives. The Lakewood Ranch Post Office is located at 5910 POST BLVD BRADENTON, FL 34211. Just sayin"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area