Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 10:05 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaASAP View Post
Thanks for posting the listing.

I've been looking from a distance for years. But especially during Covid, you couldn't imagine the properties I saw listed for 400k. I still get a laugh out of one of them. Its big feature was not being part of an HOA. Its worse features are too long to list.

From the Google map image, that claims to be current as of 2024, I can guess why the property you cite isn't popular.
HOA suck! Many of them here in FL are a living hell. Ours sucks. HOA fees keep going up, yet crappy lawn service. The one pools heater is never repaired, the pool is always out of order, our newly installed gate doesn't even work now, rules just changed on the color of the mulch after people already mulched their lawns.

Don't get me started this and our HOA. our HOA is a huge reason many are selling their homes in my large sub division and it's not helping property values. Our HOA is made up of old tyrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2024, 10:13 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I never thought I'd see $669/ppsqft for a home not even on salt water in remote Southern Sarasota County.

The homes in Wild Blue in Eastern Manatee County are even higher...no salt water there either....not even w/in 30 mins to the beach...those lots are larger though.

Glad I got in when I did. This is like buying in San Fran in the 1950's.
I was looking at homes in the Panhandle like Crestview area and wow prices are quite different in North FL, even with our decrease in prices here.

Up there nice homes for a single person or married couple with one kid going for 200 to 275k range and made of brick, nice sturdy brick. Price slashes too though but only a few thousand since they're priced cheaper. Hardly any stucco houses up there. Reminds me of the houses in Missouri. Hardly any cookie cutter crap.

The beaches are not that far of a drive as well. Downside is it gets cold in the winter there and a walk on the beach usually isn't fun in Jan or Feb in the Panhandle.

However you do get a change of seasons and even fall colors in Dec. Much more shorter summer heat up there.

I'm so used to the FL weather now though. Do you think that area might be a place to checkout if I'm too worried about the cold of northern Arkansas? I mean it gets cold there but it's still much more tolerable than Arkansas weather.

If I sold my house down here once the prices go back up around here I could buy a small house in cash up there and not have to worry if my business takes off or I have to work a BS job for awhile. Just utilities, insurance with a paid for house.

For those of us who hate the cold but tired of the crowds in Southwest Florida and rising insurance and property cost places like this part of FL is a good alternative. Gets downright cold but it's still tolerable to handle.

Old 01-08-2024, 10:36 PM

402 posts, read 260,777 times
Quote:
I saw the price dip and days on market extending for ~1 yr, then all of the sudden, it took off again....but mostly for new homes at the higher end.

Skye Ranch is not having any issues selling $1M+ homes...friends of ours just bought a $1.2M home there.

Some of the highest sale prices in this forum are in The Lake Club..$3M+ can be found in there...I need to see what their recent trends are. The stock markets been up big, so maybe the top 5% have cash to burn.
Two recent sales in Skye Ranch @$1.2m per home were for houses sold for 550k in 2021.

Old 01-09-2024, 04:57 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
Two recent sales in Skye Ranch @$1.2m per home were for houses sold for 550k in 2021.
Owners & sellers of newish exec homes are killing it around here. The rich are getting richer, & now prices are increasing again after a brief & mild re-set.

Lots of affluence moving into our area, using the gains made up North, & the stock market run up proceeds.

It took 5 yrs for our $550k new home to double, but your post says it took them just 3 years to double.

Renters are getting crushed however. Hopefully, the increased apartment supply will help...I see lots of new apartments under construction along I-75.

Old 01-09-2024, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Owners & sellers of newish exec homes are killing it around here. The rich are getting richer, & now prices are increasing again after a brief & mild re-set.

Lots of affluence moving into our area, using the gains made up North, & the stock market run up proceeds.

It took 5 yrs for our $550k new home to double, but your post says it took them just 3 years to double.

Renters are getting crushed however. Hopefully, the increased apartment supply will help...I see lots of new apartments under construction along I-75.
For the "exec homes" the price has certainly doubled in three years. Best example is The Founders Club, which is now $2.1+ and was $1.1+ three years ago.

The problem with "killing it" on your home here is that selling it only gets you the right to buy another over-priced home - unless you pick up your chips and move to the next Sarasota.

Old 01-09-2024, 07:40 AM

562 posts, read 549,805 times
Quote:
Owners & sellers of newish exec homes are killing it around here.
^^^ This... 100%

I paid 700k 2.5 years ago and sold for 1.5m. Building the next now.

Old 01-09-2024, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshan View Post
^^^ This... 100%

I paid 700k 2.5 years ago and sold for 1.55m. Building the next now.
So do tell. Moving? Down sizing? Why the sale?

Old 01-09-2024, 07:47 AM

562 posts, read 549,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
So do tell. Moving? Down sizing? Why the sale?
Changing villages as we were not golfing enough to justify the HOA

Old 01-09-2024, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshan View Post
^^^ This... 100%

I paid 700k 2.5 years ago and sold for 1.5m. Building the next now.
By the way, congratulations on doing so well (and not following the advice of some forum pundits to sell two years ago!).

Old 01-09-2024, 12:24 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,135,913 times
Now you all know why all the self check outs have been installed; what's left of the people in Sarasota might actually realize you have now become your own best retail associate who's not being paid for a job others used to do & get slightly paid for; perhaps you might want to think about asking for a discount & a W9 this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area