Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 05:18 AM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshan View Post
The people who say this obviously never lived up north. Traffic here is a breeze comparatively. This scare tactic will not work to chase away northern buyers

Going to a Bulls game at the United Center and live 35 miles away? Better leave 4 hours pregame
I agree 100%. We are spoiled in most places in Florida. There are some rough spots like SE Florida along I-95, & in Tampa & Orlando, but once you leave the major population centers, its a breeze 98% of the time.

Lakewood Ranch during rush hour can be frustrating, but it typically lasts ~15 minutes, then your free of it.

It will get worse however, which is why I like the Southern tip of Lakewood Ranch down by Clark Road in Sarasota County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 11:54 AM

562 posts, read 550,060 times
Ya if I remember correctly you are from Atlanta. So you know Traffic well

Old 02-29-2024, 03:48 PM

315 posts, read 359,109 times
Thanks to all for your very informative posts. We have a lot of good information to go over.

We're neither beach people nor golfers but we're looking forward to the fairs, farmers markets, restaurants, movie nights, and other activities. Our main concerns are a good safe neighborhood and solid healthcare. Speaking of which I noticed there wasn't much said of the Lakewood Ranch Medical Center. Is there a concern there ? I understand Sarasota Memorial would be the better option though in an acute setting where one is brought to the closest facility LRMC might be your only choice.

Who are considered the better builders ? In our area Lennar, Toll Brs and DR Horton don't have the best reputation. On the other hand Pulte and David Weekley are considered to be better. Does this also hold true in LWR ? The other names though we're not familiar with.

As far as traffic, we're originally from NYC so that shouldn't be a problem, though we know in new development areas it can become messy.

Thank you again...

Old 02-29-2024, 07:19 PM

I have had a couple treatments done at LWRMC, no issues for me.

Old 03-02-2024, 07:05 AM

13 posts, read 12,208 times
If beaches aren’t an issue any suggestions on non-CDD villas in Lakewood Ranch ?

Old 03-05-2024, 08:26 AM

138 posts, read 114,526 times
Check out https://indigolwr.com I do not believe there are CDD fees

Old 03-05-2024, 08:48 AM

It is just some areas without CDD in Indigo, not the entire neighborhood.

no CDD sounds great in theory but the reason people are moving to LWR is because of how it looks and is maintained, it looks like Disneyworld in most places

Old 03-07-2024, 04:41 PM

4,613 posts, read 7,531,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
Thanks to all for your very informative posts. We have a lot of good information to go over.

We're neither beach people nor golfers but we're looking forward to the fairs, farmers markets, restaurants, movie nights, and other activities. Our main concerns are a good safe neighborhood and solid healthcare. Speaking of which I noticed there wasn't much said of the Lakewood Ranch Medical Center. Is there a concern there ? I understand Sarasota Memorial would be the better option though in an acute setting where one is brought to the closest facility LRMC might be your only choice.

Who are considered the better builders ? In our area Lennar, Toll Brs and DR Horton don't have the best reputation. On the other hand Pulte and David Weekley are considered to be better. Does this also hold true in LWR ? The other names though we're not familiar with.

As far as traffic, we're originally from NYC so that shouldn't be a problem, though we know in new development areas it can become messy.

Thank you again...

Here's one site that ranks hospitals, but there are many others. LWR medical Center is small by comparison to Doctors or SRQ Memorial, fewer doctors, options. I've personally not used their services so cannot comment.
https://health.usnews.com/best-hospi...center-6390109

Builders

I've gone thru new construction with quite a few customers over the years and in some respects it's a crap shoot, depending on who you get for a building manager and what sub contractors they're using. None of them are perfect.

Obviously you have the higher end builders like John Cannon and Lee Whetherington. Taylor Morrison and Pulte have pretty good reputations around our area, as does Neal Communities, M/I, Homes by Towne. Toll Brothers has been going thru management issues over the past couple of years, which has contributed to longer build times. D R Horton varies - I've seen quality construction and not so stellar construction by them, but lately they seem to have cleaned up their act. Lennar doesn't wow me for reasons I prefer not to go into here. Haven't formed an opinion yet regarding Ryan Homes in Lakewood Ranch, I was not overly impressed with the subdivision they built near my home over the past couple of years.

No matter the builder, always have your own independent home inspection -- 2 actually if you can. The first pre-drywall, before the AC duct work, plumbing & electrical get covered. The 2nd shortly before the closing. Most builders require home inspectors to carry a certain level of liability insurance, there are several quality new construction home inspectors in our area.

Old 03-08-2024, 05:17 AM

For starters, NEVER allow your Real Estate Agent to get your home inspector for you. D.R. Horton and Morrison had many complaints and lawsuits over many ill-constructed homes throughout the State; notably during the pandemic rush. As a new construction home buyer, you need to educate yourself on the process of new home construction and hire your own Construction Phase Inspector. From Pre-foundation to the 11 month post construction inspection, one needs to be very diligent. Too many simply leave it up to the builders, contractors and sub-contractors. You need your own outside advocate to insure the integrity of the build and to make sure issues are addressed properly. Time will tell.

Last edited by StraightTalker2022; 03-08-2024 at 06:15 AM..

Old 03-20-2024, 07:55 AM

I wait it out about 4-6 months for a good chance for a buyers market as per Michael Saunders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVs5pj218JA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area