Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 05:44 AM

4,156 posts, read 3,078,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
What is earth science?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_science

It involves geology, atmospheric science, hydrology: all kinds of interesting stuff, to me, at least. My Alma mater did not even offer a geology course, but I made up for it when I went back to school in 1993. I ended up taking over a year of geology courses, including a graduate workshop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 01:19 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,566,897 times
Quote:
What is earth science?
Wikipedia: "Earth science or geoscience includes all fields of natural science related to the planet Earth. This is a branch of science dealing with the physical, chemical, and biological complex constitutions and synergistic linkages of Earth's four spheres, namely biosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and geosphere."

Old 11-28-2022, 11:12 AM

50,960 posts, read 24,459,082 times
Quote:
What is earth science?
I'm a former earth science teacher. Usually it's considered to be geology, astronomy, and meteorology/climate. Some add geography.

Old 11-28-2022, 11:54 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,566,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm a former earth science teacher. Usually it's considered to be geology, astronomy, and meteorology/climate. Some add geography.
My dear, departed great uncle was a trained, educated geologist that worked in the Army Corp of Engineers for decades after his military duty was up. I used to love talking to him about his fascination of how land and water react to one another through the atmosphere, oceans, inland lakes and waterways -- so don't forget hydrology!

Old 12-03-2022, 01:35 AM

84 posts, read 54,000 times
I recently watched a lecture about the economics of earthquakes. It was an interesting lecture but it would be enough for me to post it under "Science and Technology". If we create a forum for earth science then someone else will want a forum for another part of science. Eventually, we could have twenty different forums. This category already has five forums or thereabouts and that is a good number. Just my opinion.

Old 12-03-2022, 06:45 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,519,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
My son would love that.

Old 12-03-2022, 08:18 AM

15,882 posts, read 6,589,981 times
Quote:
What is earth science?
All natural science fields that are related to the Earth. In that regard it would include the weather forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology