Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 04:41 PM

24 posts, read 172,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
I've never heard back on any of my Amazon applications. 27 here, with Bachelors degree, rotting away in my fifth year in a call center filled with GED level employees...
You can IM me separately, on what kinda job you are looking for and I can surely forward ur resume if it suits our team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
Yeah, they were quick with us, too, we moved 2 weeks after the offer was made (luckily we didn't have a house to worry about selling).

My husband really loves working for Amazon. He says the bureaucracy takes a while to get used to if you've only worked for smaller companies, but he really loves it. When he first started there he thought he might only work there 4 or 5 years, but now he says he can see himself never leaving.

V. =)
If your hubby feels Amazon is bureaucratic, try working for Oracle... It was like getting a root canal done without anesthesia

Old 11-24-2010, 08:41 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinmehra20 View Post
If your hubby feels Amazon is bureaucratic, try working for Oracle... It was like getting a root canal done without anesthesia
He actually likes the structure of Amazon now, but never having worked for a company with more than about 200 employees, it was a big adjustment. He never wants to leave now.

V. =)

Old 11-27-2010, 11:02 AM

982 posts, read 3,306,380 times
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate it. We found out on Wednesday that they aren't going to make him an offer. Which blows, because I was really looking forward to a possible move out there (away from the heat and allergies of Austin!).

nitinmehra20 - I sent you a PM.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:54 AM

1,930 posts, read 6,532,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsengle View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate it. We found out on Wednesday that they aren't going to make him an offer. Which blows, because I was really looking forward to a possible move out there (away from the heat and allergies of Austin!).

That's a bummer!! Sorry to hear it. Seattle is a good anecdote for heat and allergies for sure. But it's a good sign he made it that far and he should keep applying for other positions that might fit him. He should check with his friend to see if there is a waiting period. Come in June when it's hot in TX and glorious here.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrigirl View Post
That's a bummer!! Sorry to hear it. Seattle is a good anecdote for heat and allergies for sure. But it's a good sign he made it that far and he should keep applying for other positions that might fit him. He should check with his friend to see if there is a waiting period. Come in June when it's hot in TX and glorious here.
Hehe, I've been in May and July, it was awesome!

Old 11-28-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsengle View Post
Hi everyone,

I am sorry to hear that your hubby did not get the offer. But no worries, you can always apply again. Sometimes teams are looking for very specific experience 'cause they are woefully short of people and want someone who can join and take over

Also, I did not receive ur PM.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinmehra20 View Post
I am sorry to hear that your hubby did not get the offer. But no worries, you can always apply again. Sometimes teams are looking for very specific experience 'cause they are woefully short of people and want someone who can join and take over

Also, I did not receive ur PM.
I resubmitted that PM. I had to send it twice - I was prompted to complete the message field (which I had), so I'm not sure what's going on. This is the first time I've been to City-Data on Chrome - maybe that's it?

Old 01-24-2011, 02:00 PM

20 posts, read 172,703 times
Default Amazon Interview Process Question

My wife had a phone interview for a mid level Production support engineer position 2 weeks ago and she felt it went well. The interviewer said that she should hear back from the HR person in 2 to 3 days.

Its been 2 weeks as of today and no news yet. She called the HR mid last week and left a message and still no response. Should we take this as a negative news at this point?? or does the initial screening sometimes takes longer. She has not heard anything negative yet.

Any Amazonians or anyone familiar with Amazon interview process, please shed some light.

Nitin - I sent you an PM this morning.

thanks

Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times
My hubby works for Amazon. His entire interview process (from phone screen to being flown up for an in person interview to being hired) only took between 2-3 weeks.

I'd say if she hasn't heard anything after 2 weeks, that might be a bad sign. Amazon is pretty structured in how they interview.

Interviewers are generally expected to record feedback right away. My husband interviews new candidates, and generally the team meets on the same day they interview a person to discuss the candidate.

I could see there being a gap between phone interview and in person interview if there are scheduling conflicts (in person interviews are generally with 3-5 different people on a team).

Good luck. I hope she hears something.

V. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area