Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2023, 02:02 PM

4,947 posts, read 3,051,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I am very interested in that order, or more precisely, the date of that order.
Do you think you could take a SWAG at when it was placed or filled?
TPTB probably don't want that kind of thing known. Remember all the information that was taken down in 2020, for various reasons?

The video containing the information is still up on YT, it was the owner of wholesale freeze dried interviews that were removed from the channel; seems logical this was done for personal reasons.

Here is the vid I noticed yesterday, yeah I know; fear channel...but he's a vendor for wholesale freeze dried...so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZcsVDnUB_Q

5 minute mark is where this is discussed at length.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2023, 03:10 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
The video containing the information is still up on YT, it was the owner of wholesale freeze dried interviews that were removed from the channel; seems logical this was done for personal reasons.

Here is the vid I noticed yesterday, yeah I know; fear channel...but he's a vendor for wholesale freeze dried...so:
[youtube number v=9ZcsVDnUB_Q]

Thanks. I listened for a while and read a couple comments.
The video is only one day old, but he never said when they placed the order.

Could have been a while ago.
Again, thank you.

Old 11-08-2023, 10:19 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,900,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZcsVDnUB_Q

Thanks for sharing the video. As an advocatus diaboli I wonder why they didn't discuss the size of the order. There is nothing in the video to discern if an employee had a shipment sent there to avoid a trip to the post office or if a bunch of semi trucks dropped off a huge order to an underground lair. I just don't see an office building ordering anything more than a short-term "shelter in place" quantity of freeze dried foods. We have an election season coming up which means the [deleted to avoid a mod cut] will be rolling out their usual procession of riots and looting like they have the last two seasons. It makes sense the federal reserve would take precautions considering that the economy is going to crap and they are likely to be seen as a target, much like the "occupy wall street" from a few election seasons back.

Old 11-09-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
Thanks for sharing the video. As an advocatus diaboli I wonder why they didn't discuss the size of the order. There is nothing in the video to discern if an employee had a shipment sent there to avoid a trip to the post office or if a bunch of semi trucks dropped off a huge order to an underground lair. I just don't see an office building ordering anything more than a short-term "shelter in place" quantity of freeze dried foods. We have an election season coming up which means the [deleted to avoid a mod cut] will be rolling out their usual procession of riots and looting like they have the last two seasons. It makes sense the federal reserve would take precautions considering that the economy is going to crap and they are likely to be seen as a target, much like the "occupy wall street" from a few election seasons back.
He said it was a large order, and was comparing it to orders for military bases.

That, indirectly, indicates truckloads.

Also said it was freeze dried, so that means whoever ordered it doesn't know if something is going to happen, but is doing this "just in case."

Old 11-09-2023, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
He said it was a large order, and was comparing it to orders for military bases.

That, indirectly, indicates truckloads.

Also said it was freeze dried, so that means whoever ordered it doesn't know if something is going to happen, but is doing this "just in case."
I get regular emails from the freeze dried guy (I'm on the same list anybody can join) and in my recollection most of their military orders are for submarines. I don't have any Navy experience but a quick internet search says that's about 125 people per sub. I don't know how many people work at a federal reserve bank office but 125 sounds reasonable. That indirectly, doesn't indicate truckloads for a short term shelter in place situation. At least, not that many truckloads (where would they store it?).

As far as it being freeze dried, the OP did say that it was all high end stuff like cheesecakes, asparagus, etc. Not the type of things you see in an MRE. And from personal experience, the only better quality than freeze dried food is fresh food. Canned, MREs etc, are far below.

Old 11-09-2023, 08:35 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
I get regular emails from the freeze dried guy (I'm on the same list anybody can join) and in my recollection most of their military orders are for submarines. I don't have any Navy experience but a quick internet search says that's about 125 people per sub. I don't know how many people work at a federal reserve bank office but 125 sounds reasonable. That indirectly, doesn't indicate truckloads for a short term shelter in place situation. At least, not that many truckloads (where would they store it?).

As far as it being freeze dried, the OP did say that it was all high end stuff like cheesecakes, asparagus, etc. Not the type of things you see in an MRE. And from personal experience, the only better quality than freeze dried food is fresh food. Canned, MREs etc, are far below.
During 'refit' submarine crews have one week to load up all the food they project they will need for the next deployment of three to six months. To accomplish this feat it must all be in a single warehouse, palletized and in order. So when it is stacked onboard, the first pallet has all the food items required for the first day underwater, and months later the last pallet has everything that aligns with the menu for that last day underwater.

No fresh food, no milk, no salads, no fresh fruits. Freeze dried food works very well in this scenario.

When I served on subs, each refit site would send out one sub every week.

The passage through the Strait of Juan de Fuca takes 18 hours from open ocean to reach pier side. An open space at the pier might only be open for a few hours, from one sub leaving until the next sub ties up. It works out to be a fairly high-paced turnaround. And we consume a lot of food.

When I did it, I was focused on repairing electronic equipment and calibrating test equipment. But I always knew that the supply guys were hopping to keep up.

Old 11-10-2023, 01:42 AM

Quote:
If you figure a month supply (virus lockdown, or nuclear fallout), let us just say one pallet per person, that would be around 3 or 4 truckloads. I don't think it would be hard to fit into that building. It is a pretty big building.

Quote:
Only the best will do for the aristocracy.

Old 11-10-2023, 02:01 PM

Yeah I imagine the cello players doing their thing while they dine on freeze dried filet mignons, potatoes, asparagus, and fancy desserts. I'm sure every other pallet has wine on it.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:13 AM

980 posts, read 539,500 times
Quote:
I'm a "Mountain House" guy because I've tried several other brands and MH has best taste/quality/value.

Am I wrong? If anybody else has other experiences would love to hear them.
I have not tried Mountain House, I use Thrive Life and really like the separate vegetables, meats and fruits. I don't think they have a good handle on the meals though, and those are very expensive. I use their instant milk most often, but the dried fruit are a hit with my grandkids and me.

Old 12-01-2023, 02:09 PM

50% off Mountain House protein cans (meat):

https://mountainhouse.com/collection...ays-of-savings

Even better sales at Costco:

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch...mountain+house

Some EBT accepted "Lightning Deals" at Amazon (they come and go, currently "Chili Mac")

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mountain+...f_=as_li_ss_tl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness