Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 01:17 AM

973 posts, read 549,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
We all need to understand the consequences of allowing election fraud to take place in this country. Right now, both Dems and GOPs are absolutely disgusted with what has happened this past week. It is not about who becomes the next president. Its about restoring voter confidence in our election process, because that has been severely eroded.

Also please remember that it is not up to the media to declare who will be the next president, in the absence of state certifications. Especially with so many states with close margins. The Associated Press has done as big a disservice to Biden and Harris, as it has to Trump.

If we don't clean up our electoral process, next time it may be the other side that is treated unfairly. Are you sure you really want that to happen?
Oh no, you misunderstand what I was saying. I wasn't implying that I'd want it to happen. Certainly not.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:54 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,499,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
the results of what exactly?

A partly counted election?

Why are you so afraid of tallying the entirety of the ballots?

And then, later, we will not get to finalizing the process until after the electoral college meets and they cast their votes. Is this process new to you?
I'm not afraid - but I know statistics and forecasting - at some point you can make a highly accurate prediction without counting every single ballot. I'm NOT against doing so, however - and I'm certainly not afraid.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:44 AM

3,310 posts, read 2,398,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
OK, just watched Biden's victory speech. Meanwhile the outgoing president still hasn't accepted defeat. But today I've seen an amazing difference on the internet and in the streets of our cities. Meanwhile the "red hat army" has like, vaporized. I saw one "boogaloo boy" with an AR in Phoenix outside the election office today, all by himself. All the lifted "Bro Trucks" with Trump flags that have been driving around intimidating people in our town are gone.

The last time I saw this - people spontaneously dancing in the streets waving flags, and seeing the forces of a despotic dictator disappear overnight, was the morning after Samosa got booted out of Nicaragua back in '79.

So, what happens now? I've got a pile of food, almost as big of a pile of ammo. Is it too early to eat the case of mac n cheese and go recreational shooting again? We dodged a war over the election, but will a new one arise when Biden goes after our guns? Are we looking at more lock downs due to the mismanagement of covid? Is "Rocket Man" going to start saber rattling again? Our electric grid is still an emp disaster waiting to happen.

What is your opinion of what preppers should do now?
What you are seeing is the left gloating over the way they stole the election from Trump, who undoubtedly won in a landslide. What you are not seeing is rioting, burning down businesses, killing people or looting because Trump's followers are normal people. If the election was not stolen from Trump, you would see all of the the above because that is how intolerant the radical left babies are. Don't you find it odd that all of NYC was boarded up in anticipation of the rioting that would have occurred if Biden had lost? That was obviously only meant as a protection from the leftists because the republicans did not destroy anything. That right there, is the difference. The lunatic cry babies think they won the election and are thrilled. Now wait and see what Russia or China or Iran does to us knowing that Joe is a big wuss and a push over. And that disgusting woman he chose as VP (which is probably the only woman in the US that is liked less than Hillary) will have no idea how to handle the countries who do not practice political correctly. I would start stocking up on food more now than pre-election.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:49 AM

3,310 posts, read 2,398,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Wait - you're posting this TODAY? Lemme know when you finally accept the results.

...guess it doesn't matter though to your prepping. Once a prepper, always a prepper because there's always something bad out there.
I will not accept the results until the investigation is over. We know for a fact there is massive fraud going on here. Biden, who couldn't fill a library suddenly got more votes than any president in history? That is the funniest thing I ever heard. Trump winning straight into election night suddenly loses to all the big states in the middle of the night? Maybe even funnier than the library comment. Open your eyes. Counting votes that were postmarked, or better yet, no postmarks at all, and just showing up in droves 3 days after the election are still counted? This is getting funnier than I Love Lucy. Stay Tuned for some real fun.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:25 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,338,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I will not accept the results until the investigation is over. We know for a fact there is massive fraud going on here. Biden, who couldn't fill a library suddenly got more votes than any president in history? That is the funniest thing I ever heard. Trump winning straight into election night suddenly loses to all the big states in the middle of the night? Maybe even funnier than the library comment. Open your eyes. Counting votes that were postmarked, or better yet, no postmarks at all, and just showing up in droves 3 days after the election are still counted? This is getting funnier than I Love Lucy. Stay Tuned for some real fun.
You forgot about the 100's of thousands of ballads with only Biden checked and no other candidates checked. In what world do people go to the trouble to vote and only vote for one person.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:51 AM

853 posts, read 653,764 times
Hi americans,

I know is not my business... but what if nothing crazy happens? I'm sorry to be so cold... but elections happens every 4 years in every single country. Just for example in my country, we switched several times from one extreme to another, a couple of demonstrations at most and nothing fancy.

My opinion is just live your lives and be happy. I hope everything goes well as always and people behave well too.

Old 11-09-2020, 03:23 PM

7,647 posts, read 9,998,663 times
Hey folks - it wasn't my intent to make this a political thread, we have a forum for that, so let's please stay more or less on topic. My intent was to explore where things might go from here regarding civil unrest either from election results or from future actions by a new regime. (I.e. gun control response and how that might affect us if everyone, myself included, says "molon labe," and they do.)

In other words are we just exchanging one authoritarian regime for another and how those who have been on top for four years might affect the average person/prepper as they lose power. Example, right now we have a few kids blowing off steam and burning down urban centers. But if the democrats go after people's guns and means of self defense and survival (as they have said they will) if the conservative right reacts as many have said they would, it could get "nasty."

BTW - regarding self defense, some pos was running from the cops and t-boned a car doing over 70 in a 25 zone down the street from my shop today, severely injuring an elderly couple (one airlifted in critical cond to Las Vegas) then the human garbage ran from the scene and was caught by several armed locals who turned him over to police a little worse for wear. THIS is why many of us are so adamant about demanding our 2A rights. There are way too many barbarians in our society already - imagine if we were disarmed by the government.

I think if a gun grab is attempted it could make antifa look like the coddled teenagers they are. And THAT could definitely make being prepared important.

Old 11-09-2020, 03:58 PM

37,623 posts, read 61,723,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Hey folks - it wasn't my intent to make this a political thread, we have a forum for that, so let's please stay more or less on topic. My intent was to explore where things might go from here regarding civil unrest either from election results or from future actions by a new regime. (I.e. gun control response and how that might affect us if everyone, myself included, says "molon labe," and they do.)
Our POTUS elections are supposed to be decided by the electoral college, since that does not happen until mid-December, for anyone in November to claim victory or to concede defeat would be delusional.

Will there be further rioting? I have no idea.

I have neighbors who are still contributing to pay hourly wages and reimburse transportation expenses for anyone willing to stage riots. But I do not know if there still remains such a strong desire to destroy the nation.

Quote:
... In other words are we just exchanging one authoritarian regime for another and how those who have been on top for four years might affect the average person/prepper as they lose power. Example, right now we have a few kids blowing off steam and burning down urban centers. But if the democrats go after people's guns and means of self defense and survival (as they have said they will) if the conservative right reacts as many have said they would, it could get "nasty."
I agree.

Quote:
... BTW - regarding self defense, some pos was running from the cops and t-boned a car doing over 70 in a 25 zone down the street from my shop today, severely injuring an elderly couple (one airlifted in critical cond to Las Vegas) then the human garbage ran from the scene and was caught by several armed locals who turned him over to police a little worse for wear. THIS is why many of us are so adamant about demanding our 2A rights. There are way too many barbarians in our society already - imagine if we were disarmed by the government.

I think if a gun grab is attempted it could make antifa look like the coddled teenagers they are. And THAT could definitely make being prepared important.
Sorry to hear about the injured couple who were T-boned. There are a lot of stupid POS's running around regardless of who the POTUS might be.

If anyone does try to start confiscating firearms, I suspect it will get very ugly.

I have no idea if our society is going to rapidly collapse into utter chaos, or not.

I was recently reading the 1930 NAZI platform on Wiki, and I was shocked by the similarities between that and some of our presidential candidates from this election. In discussing this with people the instant I say 'NAZI' people freak out and get terribly mad. But when your platform matches 95% with the NAZI platform just admit it and move on.

We live during an interesting era.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:23 PM

331 posts, read 184,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge ChemE View Post
Hi americans,

I know is not my business... but what if nothing crazy happens? I'm sorry to be so cold... but elections happens every 4 years in every single country. Just for example in my country, we switched several times from one extreme to another, a couple of demonstrations at most and nothing fancy.

My opinion is just live your lives and be happy. I hope everything goes well as always and people behave well too.

That's the most likely outcome, but it doesn't justify having invested so much into prepping and following all the media coverage. Personally, I think there are many good reasons to prep but none of them deal with the current political situation. Any changes we see on such a large scale will be slow to implement and will be done piece by piece as they always have. I highly doubt there is some kind of catalyst which causes unrest to the point where having stockpiles of ammo, etc. is necessary. America isn't capable of that kind of unity anyways.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:43 PM

28,723 posts, read 18,955,712 times
A natural disaster in your neighborhood is far more likely than general social collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness