Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 06:16 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,217,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
The mines are fairly certain to be a false flag operation, planted by the Russians.
https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news...the-black-sea/

If India and China could buy it, they would.

Flu, drought, and fire will all contribute, that is for certain.

We don't depend on Russia or Ukraine, directly, but a rock thrown into a pond will create and effect felt everywhere in the pond.

"Will do" fertilizer will not feed as many people as the correct fertilizer. Less production always means higher costs.
So, there are mines at sea? That was my point that the cargo ships loaded with grain is reluctant to sail.

You don’t know who placed the mines so don’t repeat the propaganda that it is a false flag.
https://www.businessinsider.com/dang...ng-away-2022-4

Just think about it.

How would Russia benefit from placing mines? They need to sell that grain.
Militarily it doesn’t help them at all. Especially if they could attack from the sea
Propaganda wise their reputation can’t be worse as it is.

On the other hands there are plenty of YT, etc videos about Ukraine army widely using mines everywhere - without the regard for its citizens.

The Ukraine is placing mines in between civilian’s houses and in school’s libraries - there are videos someone translated in comments where Ukrainian villagers are screaming and swearing at the Ukraine army soldiers who are digging and placing land mines around their village with children nearby…

Wonder though why Russia wouldn’t send the grain by rail to China?
Could be more expensive to transport?
Not sure they could do rail to India though.
Maybe grain suppose to go to Africa?
Does anyone know if Morocco boycotted Russia? Think they depend on ammonium from Russia to make their phosphorus fertilizer they cornered the market with

Last edited by L00k4ward; 05-29-2022 at 06:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 08:53 AM

9,035 posts, read 4,729,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
So, there are mines at sea? That was my point that the cargo ships loaded with grain is reluctant to sail.

You don’t know who placed the mines so don’t repeat the propaganda that it is a false flag.
https://www.businessinsider.com/dang...ng-away-2022-4

Just think about it.
Been thinking about it for 43 years.

Your attempt, here, could better be described as humor.

The article you linked contains lots of good information.

It does NOT support your position, relative to propaganda.

Back on topic, Nigeria, Turkey and Egypt are listed as primary importers of wheat.
Why were you concerned with Morocco?

Old 05-29-2022, 09:09 AM

327 posts, read 133,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
I saw Biden say that yes, we will have food shortages.
What are the details?
What kind of food? Meat only? Other stuff?
What and why?
Here are the details:
Because China makes harvester and some of all farm machinery parts.

Shanghai's covid-19 lockdown is not even close to over

Satellite photos suggest China training to attack Japan's aircraft
May 20, 2022

Old 05-29-2022, 10:20 AM

327 posts, read 133,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Some of us dont really need to eat that much,I recall back in old days, European farmers will have a glass of wine,creamy soup and a loaf of bread for lunch, meat is reserved for din din. They dont eat 13 pieces of fried chicken at one setting
The stores sell single pieces of fried chicken as well.

Old 05-29-2022, 02:33 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,217,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Been thinking about it for 43 years.

Your attempt, here, could better be described as humor.

The article you linked contains lots of good information.

It does NOT support your position, relative to propaganda.

Back on topic, Nigeria, Turkey and Egypt are listed as primary importers of wheat.
Why were you concerned with Morocco?
It is good to be you, your world is very simple:
The Western world is perfect, high morals, never- ever attacks anyone, especially under the false pretenses, tells the truth by all of its 6 major corporate media outlets.

Russia is very bad, no morals, menacing, lies all the time, twists the truth, wants to take over the world - as they have very little territory of their own.
You have never been there, can’t understand the language, but you don’t have to.
You learn everything from those the same 6 corporations - the goals of which are just telling you the truth. Those corporations have no political involvement whatsoever and run by benevolent, fair and just people with no ulterior motives, especially profits.

Glad that you are on board and I noticed that you took off the Iraqi and the Afghanistan’s flag off your porch and waving the Ukraine flag now!
Me too: I like these colors better.

Re: Morocco
Morocco is the largest producer of phosphate fertilizer in the world.
Russia used to supply half of ammonia needed by Morocco to produce phosphate fertilizer.

Phosphate from Morocco has high cadmium levels and Europe 2019 regulations calls for lower cadmium levels.

On the other hand, Russian phosphate has much lower cadmium levels so Russia’s exports grew.

Guess, it means that Europe has to tolerate high cadmium levels in whatever phosphate Morocco is able to produce - that is why I was wondering if Morocco halted imports of ammonia from Russia.( if Russia even agrees to sell them ammonia- not sure)

Overall, the Earth has a finite supply of phosphorus- which in the worst case if no other solutions found - would limit food supply while the population grows
So I thought I’d ask

Last edited by L00k4ward; 05-29-2022 at 02:54 PM..

Old 05-29-2022, 02:48 PM

10,369 posts, read 6,923,101 times
China attacking Japan? Well now, that's a switch. I bet Japan didn't expect that...

Old 05-29-2022, 03:59 PM

32,690 posts, read 48,227,692 times
Chinese companies own most of the pork production in the USA, so if food really gets short, you can expect the pork produced here to be shipped over to feed the people of China.

The USA is a major wheat exporter, so I don't expect any shortages of wheat or wheat products. Prices will go up as countries going without will bid prices up trying to obtain wheat.

Russia and the Ukraine are major wheat exporters. Whoever gets their wheat there is maybe going to be going without. Although there is no reason to think that Russian wheat crops are affected. Ukraine is a major wheat exporter and perhaps won't have any wheat to sell. That's going to hurt the countries that expect to get their wheat from the Ukraine.

Russia is a major fertilizer exporter. That might have a bad effect on agricultural production world-wide.

This avian flu thing is going to make a serious dent in the supply of chicken and eggs and possibly next Thanksgiving availability of turkeys. Which has nothing to do with the war in the Ukraine.

Old 05-29-2022, 10:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,457,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

Russia and the Ukraine are major wheat exporters. Whoever gets their wheat there is maybe going to be going without. Although there is no reason to think that Russian wheat crops are affected. Ukraine is a major wheat exporter and perhaps won't have any wheat to sell. That's going to hurt the countries that expect to get their wheat from the Ukraine.

Ukraine has tons of wheat ready to go, but Russia is getting in the way of Ukraine shipping any exports out. And Russia has so many sanctions, a lot of countries are not buying anything from them.

Old 05-30-2022, 04:23 AM

9,035 posts, read 4,729,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
It is good to be you, your world is very simple:
The Western world is perfect, high morals, never- ever attacks anyone, especially under the false pretenses, tells the truth by all of its 6 major corporate media outlets.

Russia is very bad, no morals, menacing, lies all the time, twists the truth, wants to take over the world - as they have very little territory of their own.
You have never been there, can’t understand the language, but you don’t have to.
You learn everything from those the same 6 corporations - the goals of which are just telling you the truth. Those corporations have no political involvement whatsoever and run by benevolent, fair and just people with no ulterior motives, especially profits.

Glad that you are on board and I noticed that you took off the Iraqi and the Afghanistan’s flag off your porch and waving the Ukraine flag now!
Me too: I like these colors better.
Wow, the total cluelessness of this is astounding.
OTOH, we all needed a laugh, and by now everyone who knows me, in this forum, is laughing their ass off.
(And that is quite a few people)

Quote:
Re: Morocco
Morocco is the largest producer of phosphate fertilizer in the world.
Russia used to supply half of ammonia needed by Morocco to produce phosphate fertilizer.

Phosphate from Morocco has high cadmium levels and Europe 2019 regulations calls for lower cadmium levels.

On the other hand, Russian phosphate has much lower cadmium levels so Russia’s exports grew.

Guess, it means that Europe has to tolerate high cadmium levels in whatever phosphate Morocco is able to produce - that is why I was wondering if Morocco halted imports of ammonia from Russia.( if Russia even agrees to sell them ammonia- not sure)

Overall, the Earth has a finite supply of phosphorus- which in the worst case if no other solutions found - would limit food supply while the population grows
So I thought I’d ask
Well, thanks for that. That is actually useful information, if true.
Which, at this point, I guess we will have to actually verify everything you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Chinese companies own most of the pork production in the USA, so if food really gets short, you can expect the pork produced here to be shipped over to feed the people of China.

The USA is a major wheat exporter, so I don't expect any shortages of wheat or wheat products. Prices will go up as countries going without will bid prices up trying to obtain wheat.

Russia is a major fertilizer exporter. That might have a bad effect on agricultural production world-wide.

This avian flu thing is going to make a serious dent in the supply of chicken and eggs and possibly next Thanksgiving availability of turkeys. Which has nothing to do with the war in the Ukraine.
Exactly.
The only good thing is, having gone through this avian flu before, I know our recovery from it can be fairly quick, once the virus subsides. The disaster seven years ago took us about six months to recover from, once the virus (which dogged us for about a year) subsided.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:21 AM

4,975 posts, read 3,334,932 times
Visited this page several times in past weeks .....our shortages are similar....

https://drugs.com/drug-shortages/

Last edited by Nerys52SoSilver; 05-30-2022 at 07:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness