Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 08:29 AM

35,053 posts, read 31,258,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
What part of "allotment" on drugs on short supply do you not get? Timing matters, apparently your scripts came through before their replenishment orders. It's in short supply not because few people need it, but because MANY do. MFG can't keep up with demand.
You waited two days for your Amazon drugs, you could do the same two day wait for Walgreens, CVS, Kroger's RX, whatever.
But you like to make out that everything is because of your location, even on a nationwide shortage.
The person going into the Walgreens to pick up their meds doesn't really care why the medicine is unavailable. If the order is going to be unavailable or incomplete, why don't they just send that in the umpteen texts you get from them?

The injectable was requested prior to the office visit that day.

Going into the Walgreens and waiting half an hour to get an incomplete order when the orders were sent hours prior is just very bad customer service.

I'm sure Walgreens are going to remain open, but I'm sure there is not a small number of people that think service like this sucks when Amazon can get that order to your house quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 09:06 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
You still aren't getting it. Drugs go to stores daily. How is getting it from Walgreen within two days any different than getting it from Amazon within two days?
YOU may not care that your order is affected by a shortage, but that's you, being stubborn, because it's a shortage that affects all retailers, at all locations.

The only part of your assertion that I can agree with is that you shouldn't have to wait 30 minutes to find out that you are only getting a partial fill, that's something they should know within 15 minutes of receiving your script.
(BTW, often it's the doctor's office that is slow to send the script. The pharmacist I work with will sometimes have to call an office when the patient shows up before the script does. Whenever possible I like to take a script with me rather than have it called in)

Old 04-09-2024, 10:31 AM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
I like Walgreen's. We don't get our prescriptions there, we go to an independent pharmacy that friends recommended. We go to Staples too. I'm not going to criticize any local store for being out of stock temporarily of anything, the supply chain is still a mess in some categories. I also like Amazon and Walmart. It's great to have so many choices.

Old 04-15-2024, 10:36 AM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Office Depot and Staples are dinosaurs.

They are in every town or city I've ever been in, so it sounds like, especially with your stubborn responses to others on this post and other posts I've seen recently, maybe you're the dinosaur. Welcome to my Ignore List.

Old 04-15-2024, 03:03 PM

12,831 posts, read 9,029,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
I live in a small city as well, population ~150k.
Sorry, but I couldn't help it. For so many parts of the country, that might was well be New York. While I like Belk's, the nearest one is a little over an hour. We do have a Walmart, but as he mentioned, they seldom have my size jeans. Seems like a lot of their stock is aimed at teens/early 20s. Last several pairs of pants I've bought were on line. I'm liking the cut of the Duluth Trading products more and more.

Haven't had a problem with Walgreen's not being able to fill prescriptions, but simply they can't count. Get them all filled on the same day, yet there's a week's difference in when they run out for supposedly the same 90 day supply.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:35 AM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
I'm liking the cut of the Duluth Trading products more and more.

My husband likes the one pair of Buck Naked boxer briefs I got him for Christmas a few years ago, but I'm not paying another $30 for one pair of men's underwear.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:36 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
They are in every town or city I've ever been in, so it sounds like, especially with your stubborn responses to others on this post and other posts I've seen recently, maybe you're the dinosaur. Welcome to my Ignore List.
We used to have a Staples about 3 years ago. It’s been replaced with an Aldi’s.
Office Depot still there next door to The Cracker Barrel restaurant though.
1 out of 2. If you can’t find what you’re looking for regarding office stuff, I check both Walmart and Target. Lucky for me as both are in same general area. I too have the same problem with pants and sizing options.

If I can’t find it there, then I check Amazon/Walmart online ordering. If the pricing is still reasonable, then I’ll order.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Haven't had a problem with Walgreen's not being able to fill prescriptions, but simply they can't count. Get them all filled on the same day, yet there's a week's difference in when they run out for supposedly the same 90 day supply.
Mmmmmmm, I've seen some things. Always count your pills. Always.

Old 04-16-2024, 04:25 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I couldn't help it. For so many parts of the country, that might was well be New York. While I like Belk's, the nearest one is a little over an hour. We do have a Walmart, but as he mentioned, they seldom have my size jeans. Seems like a lot of their stock is aimed at teens/early 20s. Last several pairs of pants I've bought were on line. I'm liking the cut of the Duluth Trading products more and more.
I have to order my jeans by mail usually because none of the stores have size twos or fours .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-17-2024, 04:49 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
I was in Lowes yesterday. After I found a couple things that were on my list, I started to look around to take mental inventory. I got excited when I saw that they had Simple Human bags. Only had J and M. Wish they had G’s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products