Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 06:56 AM

16 posts, read 47,756 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about the following subdivisions in Bossier City:

1. Pecan Park
2. Golden Meadows
3. Legacy
4. Brownlee Estates
5. Shady Grove

Looking to buy a home in Bossier would like to be in Parkway or Airline school district.

Thank you.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 08:31 PM

474 posts, read 1,417,090 times

1. Pecan Park - don't know anything about this
2. Golden Meadows - IMO this is a nice area but maybe heading on the way down
3. Legacy - don't know anything about this
4. Brownlee Estates - We think this is a very nice area
5. Shady Grove - Used to be a very nice area and still has a few nice homes. Touch and go here.

Looking to buy a home in Bossier would like to be in Parkway or Airline school district.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:42 PM

81 posts, read 295,049 times
Pecan Park, I believe, is a trailer park in south Bossier. If your'e not wanting a trailer park, I'd count that one out.

Legacy is pretty nice. It's located in far north Bossier, it's newer and is a nice mix of homes from $130,000 and up. Because of all the new growth in that area, they built a new elementary school right next to Legacy subdivision, appropriately called Legacy Elementary. A neighborhood school was part of the eventual plan for the Legacy area anyway, and it happened sooner rather than later. I believe Legacy also may have a neighborhood park. I know it was in the plans, but not sure if it ever was built. I haven't been out that way in over a year.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 13,161 times
I live in Southgate which is near Golden Meadows, I believe. We moved here a month ago and love it. Really nice, family friendly. There are always kids playing outside. Very quite (well, except during the air show).

Old 05-30-2009, 08:21 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,021,103 times
Pecan park is the first subdivision on leaving the Barksdale Westgate intersection heading south. The first street with a traffic signal is McDonald Dr. and the First Wesleyan Church can be seen to the left. Its an old 1950's and 60's housing unit.

The trailer park a poster may be thinking of is Pecan Valley which is down past Sligo Road.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:54 PM

81 posts, read 295,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Pecan park is the first subdivision on leaving the Barksdale Westgate intersection heading south. The first street with a traffic signal is McDonald Dr. and the First Wesleyan Church can be seen to the left. Its an old 1950's and 60's housing unit.

The trailer park a poster may be thinking of is Pecan Valley which is down past Sligo Road.
Yes, thanks for that correction. Never heard of Pecan Park and I lived in Bossier most of my life.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:17 PM

68 posts, read 228,884 times
Its right before Bellaire, Shady Grove, Sun City, Southern Gardens, Southgate, and Golden Meadows. I know there are some new ones popping up in there also.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 9,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeth62256 View Post

1. Pecan Park
2. Golden Meadows
3. Legacy
4. Brownlee Estates
5. Shady Grove

Thank you.....
1. Pecan park - don't know
2. Golden Meadows - the old end of town
3. Legacy - don't know
4. Brownlee - Nice
5. Shady Grove- the old end of town

You want to try and stay on the north end of bossier. Also consider Greenacres Place and half of Dogwood (in Haughton) is still a Airline school. Also, Stockwell place is nice.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 AM

974 posts, read 2,185,143 times
Golden Meadows subdiv began sometime in the late 70's, early 80's by James Brown Developer. Some of the older homes are situated on 1/4+ acre lots, the newer homes on smaller lots. Homes
range in size from 1200 to 1500 sq ft, some of the newer homes are larger. The further back in the subdiv (across Mack's Bayou) has a mixture of larger to smaller homes, smaller being on the very back.

Typical of most subdivisions, the front part of the neighborhood has the larger homes. To the south in the subdiv are newer homes and some can fetch $180+/-. Probably average cost of older homes is in the $130 - $150,000 range depending. Some of the smaller homes fetch $90-$120,000.

I know the area well as I've family there. Residents range from AF retirees to active duty to blue-collar families and working professionals. Very low crime and pretty quiet. Mostly middle-class whites with middle-class Af/Amer & other ethnicities who live there to escape the problems of S'port.

Neighborhood is less than 5 minutes from Jimmy Davis bridge which connects to popular SE S'port shopping / dining along Youree Dr., major hospital / medical clinics and LSUS. Not a bad choice and
has held its R.E. value quite well as has most of South Bossier.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:36 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,021,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Salter View Post
1. Pecan park - don't know
2. Golden Meadows - the old end of town
3. Legacy - don't know
4. Brownlee - Nice
5. Shady Grove- the old end of town

You want to try and stay on the north end of bossier. Also consider Greenacres Place and half of Dogwood (in Haughton) is still a Airline school. Also, Stockwell place is nice.
Why do you advocate North Bossier? Do you not like South Bossier? There are many hoods in the North that are as old such as old Greenacres, the older part of Greenacres Place and Brownlee Estates (God I hate that name). North Bossier has such horrendous traffic although I will admit that South Bossier isn't much better. The only thing I can say is better up north is accessability to major traffic arteries. Down here everything follows Barksdale Blvd and most often Jimmie Davis Hwy and Bridge.

In short more custom designed homes=more affluent buyers=bigger property tax collections=more political clout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City