Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 10:44 PM

452 posts, read 209,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I'm not buying this. Most on C-D have no "dog in the hunt" (pun intended) as to this story. On what thread was comments deleted?
The actual threads were deleted both in the POC forum. One was titled “Kristi Noem for VP” in the Elections sub-forum and the other I cannot recall the title but it involved Noems dog issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 11:58 PM

432 posts, read 979,423 times
She takes the dog out to pheasant hunt and he runs around a flushes pheasants. Isn't that what the dog is suppose to do? If it is doing it too fast, it needs more training. Then she takes it in an open bed pickup to a neighbor's place where there are chickens and the dog goes after them. Seems the dog does not yet know the difference between different types of birds. INHO she acted in anger. She shoots the dog and still angry, goes and shoots the goat. This does not show a person with control who thinks things thru, it shows someone with a temper who acts in haste. A good dog trainer could have helped, or rehoming the dog to a ranch with no chickens may have helped. But shooting it? And here 20 years later tell everyone about it? Both actions, the shooting of the dog and goat and now telling everyone about it, show poor decision making.

Old 05-01-2024, 01:44 PM

19,880 posts, read 22,788,323 times
https://apnews.com/article/kristi-no...f20ab3b227a19b

Not getting better.

[quote] Payton, who is a delegate to the American Kennel Club and lives in Bakersfield, California, said the situation was a mess from beginning to end.

“That was a puppy that had no experience, obviously no training,” she said. “If you know a minuscule amount about a bird dog, you don’t take a 14 month old out with trained adult dogs and expect them to perform. That’s not how it works.”

The club itself said puppies learn best by hunting one-to-one with their owners, not with other dogs.

When problems arose she should have called the breeder, Payton said, or contacted rescue organizations that find new homes for the breed.

Among those groups is the National German Wirehaired Pointer Rescue, which called on Noem in a Facebook post to take accountability for her “horrific decision” and to educate the public that there are more humane solutions.

“Sporting breeds are bred with bird/hunting instincts but it takes training and effort to have a working field dog,” the group’s Board of Directors wrote in the post.

Payton described Cricket as nothing more than “a baby,” saying the breed isn’t physically mature until it is 2 years old and not fully trained it’s 3- to 5-years old.

“This was a person that I had thought was a pretty good lady up until now,” she said. “She was somebody that I would have voted for. But I think she may have shot herself in the foot.”

Old 05-01-2024, 09:08 PM

93 posts, read 218,861 times
It was an epic fail by Noem. I don’t think any newspaper needs to say more than what’s been said.

Old 05-02-2024, 12:45 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,588,368 times
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that in another article she said the dog either tried to bite her, or did bite her during the chicken killing spree. Anyone else see that? Biting would negate rehoming I would think. I don't know what the goat did to deserve that fate unless it was raised for meat. I was however shocked that it was handled in such a manner for both of them. And why were her aged horses put down also.

Old 05-02-2024, 02:55 PM

4,881 posts, read 6,963,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that in another article she said the dog either tried to bite her, or did bite her during the chicken killing spree. Anyone else see that? Biting would negate rehoming I would think. I don't know what the goat did to deserve that fate unless it was raised for meat. I was however shocked that it was handled in such a manner for both of them. And why were her aged horses put down also.
She was interviewed on national TV 2 days ago and did mention that it bit at her. She had small children around and wasn't going to take any chances that they might get bit. Also, she got the dog from a previous owner so she DIDN'T raise it from a pup. She felt something had to be done right away. Contrast that with the other extreme. Pres. Biden's dog has had 24 instances where he bit someone, usually a secret service agent. I'd have been happy to plug that dog.

I never heard anything about the horses and whatever she did with a goat. To me this thing is a whole lot of nothing. Life on a farm or ranch isn't always without dealing with gruesome situations. It won't be long before she's being chastised nationally for torturing worms by putting them on a hook. They'll even have witness accounts.

I'm definitely not going to condone what she did with the dog. I would have loaded the mutt up and took him to the Vet. and had him put to sleep provided he wasn't too dangerous to transport.

Old 05-02-2024, 03:32 PM

13,085 posts, read 9,621,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
What a mean, cruel, thoughtless act this female did. It's about the wrost thing I ever heard a high ranking politicker admit to doing. I think she was wanting to prove to Donald Trump what a strong, rock-ribbed conservative woman she is so he will pick her as his running mate. Instead, she shows the world that she doesn't think straight in a crises.
There's nothing conservative about shooting your dog in the face. And nothing admirable about it.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:25 PM

749 posts, read 1,328,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
To me this thing is a whole lot of nothing. Life on a farm or ranch isn't always without dealing with gruesome situations. It won't be long before she's being chastised nationally for torturing worms by putting them on a hook. They'll even have witness accounts.
When the dog issue came out a few days ago, I looked on the search engines and Youtube for an interview with her or one of her speeches where she addressed the issue.
However I found nothing except a bunch of second hand "news reports", sometimes showing a photo of her but that's it. To me that proves nothing.

Thus all these attacks on Noem appear to be nothing more than a bunch of ados about nothing.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:41 PM

452 posts, read 209,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvs2run View Post
When the dog issue came out a few days ago, I looked on the search engines and Youtube for an interview with her or one of her speeches where she addressed the issue.
However I found nothing except a bunch of second hand "news reports", sometimes showing a photo of her but that's it. To me that proves nothing.

Thus all these attacks on Noem appear to be nothing more than a bunch of ados about nothing.

Statement from Kristi Noem on X from April 28, 2024....

https://twitter.com/KristiNoem/statu...31108207849781

Quote:
I can understand why some people are upset about a 20 year old story of Cricket, one of the working dogs at our ranch, in my upcoming book — No Going Back. The book is filled with many honest stories of my life, good and bad days, challenges, painful decisions, and lessons learned.

The fact is, South Dakota law states that dogs who attack and kill livestock can be put down. Given that Cricket had shown aggressive behavior toward people by biting them, I decided what I did.

Old 05-03-2024, 12:39 AM

1,136 posts, read 1,159,777 times
I don't care about the dog. Country people know when an animal is going to be trouble.

What I care about is her boinking Corey Lewandowski. Let's set aside the morality of it all, but what a low class person she must be. I mean what kind of a cheeseball allows somebody like him to get in her pants? If you're going to step out on your husband, at least have some class about it by not letting yourself get bedded by low lifes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota